MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

WGMDS

The Speedway pants are very slim and fit small, so I think you will love them. The material is awesome. It's thick and feels very sturdy. They have no belt loops or coin pocket, therefore they look very slick from the front, very clean looking. Although I would remove the patch where the normal coin pocket would be, as it detracts from the pants. The patch looks good on the creme pair though. About fit, I'm a size 32 in most MF pants, but in the speedways I need a 33 or 34 waist. The 34's that were one wash at the Mister Freedom store fit me perfectly. The 33's were a bit tighter than I wanted. So I recommend them but go at least 1 size up.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome! you guys rock. so are these a weight that's good for all year (14oz equivalent or so)? and here's the last question, they'll be replacing my jeans as everyday pants, so are they strong enough as non riveted blah blah blah? i think i would rather have these than a pair of iron heart logger pants.

I wouldn't size down- it's unsanforized. Just go by the measurements on Self Edge. I bought mine slightly large and did a short hot soak. The fit is perfect.

Thats what I was afraid of. Im usually a 36, and they only have 34 left in stock. I was thinking the 34 with no soak might be ok

^Indeed. Material isn't really thick though. It's zip fly btw, since I don't consider them as a pair of jean, it doesn't really matter.

pretty sure wgmds will get an awesome fit since (I think) he is quite tall.

6'0 135lbs. the zip is killing me, but i'll get used to it. seems like a more fiscally responsible choice for me since the closest substitute is the sugarcane junglecloths for 100$ more, and since i have no job or money, i'll accept the zipper.

thanks for the advice, but more broke than broke could be. 6 bills is way too rich for my blood.

have to agree that the calicio shirts look pretty damn good.

In the beginning when I first saw some pics from the Japanese shop I wasn't so sure.

But now they're beginning to grow on me. Great fit pics from Christophe as always.

And I think in the description on the MF site this line slipped in by accident, probably from the previous item, the blouse:

" * Horsehide leather side and cuff cinch straps (with vintage NOS French metal slide buckles) and leather pocket trimming and leather detachable chin-strap."

i saw 600 on there yesterday. maybe they're still toying with the price?

anyone have any experience with the Chemise “Hirondelle�

thinking about getting one in the indigo

I'm usually a Large / 42" chest and wear a Large in the VESTE OUVRIER

don't know whether I should go up to an XL(43)?

anyone have any experience with the Chemise “Hirondelle�

thinking about getting one in the indigo

I'm usually a Large / 42" chest and wear a Large in the VESTE OUVRIER

don't know whether I should go up to an XL(43)?

I have the Chemise Hirondelle in indigo unwashed in Large.

I cold soaked it once.

I find it a bit tight, the sleeves a bit short, but still alright.

For me shoulders 18.5, chest 22 and sleeves of 26 in a shirt are ideal.

I have the Chemise Hirondelle in indigo unwashed in Large.

I cold soaked it once.

I find it a bit tight, the sleeves a bit short, but still alright.

For me shoulders 18.5, chest 22 and sleeves of 26 in a shirt are ideal.

indigoeagle - what size do you usually wear? are you a 42" chest?

I know this material shrinks as I have a VESTE OUVRIER.

indigoeagle - what size do you usually wear? are you a 42" chest?

I know this material shrinks as I have a VESTE OUVRIER.

I don't know how my chest would measure. For reference I stated the measurements of a shirt that would fit me very well- not too big, not too snug.

As I said the Hirondelle for me is a bit snug. A bit tight in the shoulders and relatively short sleeves. The chest is alright, but I wouldn't have minded it a bit bigger.

Next time I would choose the XL. If it was too wide I could have adapted by hot soaking.

Hello everyone, long time lurker but this is my first venture into actually posting here.

A few days ago, I bought the Ranch Blouse in a beautiful unsanforized 12 oz denim. This is pretty much the only MF piece I have ever liked (I guess MF is one of those brand you either hate or love), but I just couldn't get along with the fit. I bought a 38, but it was huge in the wrong places. The arms were massive and at least 2" too long, and there was so much excess fabric in the back it "puffed up" like a balloon (just like earlier posters have mentioned). It was still quite tight across the shoulders, and alright across the chest. The lenght was fine, I think it would have been to short for my likings if it shrank an inch or so.

I ended up taking it back to the store, which was a bit sad. I know it's supposed to shrink a lot, but would a hot soak magically have solved my problems? It wasn't so much the fact that it was big, but more the sort of overall proportions of the jacket (short body, huge arms) that I had a problem with. Did it fit like this for you guys too?

Great pattern on the calico but the collar is a no go for me. Unless you go the whole hog and don a full early 20th/late 19th century outfit, it looks out of place.

I feel the same way about that shirt

funny, actually its not a period piece, and the time difference to a 1930s shirt is not that big if one considers that its 2012. i wear mine juts like every other shirt, same as christoph in the pics.

Hello everyone, long time lurker but this is my first venture into actually posting here.

A few days ago, I bought the Ranch Blouse in a beautiful unsanforized 12 oz denim. This is pretty much the only MF piece I have ever liked (I guess MF is one of those brand you either hate or love), but I just couldn't get along with the fit. I bought a 38, but it was huge in the wrong places. The arms were massive and at least 2" too long, and there was so much excess fabric in the back it "puffed up" like a balloon (just like earlier posters have mentioned). It was still quite tight across the shoulders, and alright across the chest. The lenght was fine, I think it would have been to short for my likings if it shrank an inch or so.

I ended up taking it back to the store, which was a bit sad. I know it's supposed to shrink a lot, but would a hot soak magically have solved my problems? It wasn't so much the fact that it was big, but more the sort of overall proportions of the jacket (short body, huge arms) that I had a problem with. Did it fit like this for you guys too?

if you read back through this thread you will see a lot of people have not got on with the Ranch Blouse for similar reasons as you have mentioned.

Look back to lacadien's post on 03 March above!

i've pm d him, cheers m

btw, d'you think christophe will be putting the belstaff trialmaster in his "hall of shame" ?

its so obviously a rip-off the mf mullholland master in't it ?

Edited by Thor

Gunslinger Sack Coats and Desert Sack Coats just shipped to us, can't wait to see the production ones in person. I loved the samples i saw in Tokyo last year.