MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to put that out there so this didn't devolve into some "how could my precious Mister Freedom be at the Gap?" conversation.

Long story short, profits go to help AIDS research and Mister Freedom doesn't get a penny from any of this, it's a donation to charity and honestly a good look considering some of the other major celebrity figures connected to project RED.

Thanks Kiya, I am glad that Christophe is getting the respect he deserves. No doubt a lot of those celebrity figures already own items from his store. I personally don't feel outrage at seeing those shirts, although it does contrast starkly to the deadstock shirts he prints his own tees on. I like those vintage shirts so much that I just bought two blank ones for the summer.

I asked the guy at the store if there were any other Mister Freedom items in the store, and he said "Mister Who?!?" He had no clue.

The Off Duty CPO will be mine. And, maybe a Union Fleece. Everything looks great.

KIya, thanks for the preemptive strike on the MF Gap tees. I'm sure the hate will still come, but this is good look.

The F/W collections looks good. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a CPO. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the deck jacket this time around.

I wish I could afford sobering from mf :(

PSA - Just left Gap a few hours ago. They were ringing the tees up at $15.00. Got all four. Print quality looks really good on all of them. A steal at $15.00.

Looks like Gap won't be selling them for long. I got them online but not that cheap--25% off with free shipping (GAPJULY4), they're already short on some sizes.

Thanks Vin & Sam. Can't +rep you right now Vin. Let us know how they turn after your wash, Sam.

they have just some of the washing machine,cold water quick rinse,inside out,colour stil looks pretty solid,leg has lost a bees dick in length and maybe the waist as well

wont know for sure til dry and i can get them around my pieholder

the fabric has kinda tightened up and they no longer feel as light

got some pics of the prewash fade and whiskering to put up in a second,im on the wifes Mac and everything is a bit too smart for me

Just got my tee in the mail. Thanks for the fast shipment and awesome service SE!

It is darker than i was expecting but that is not a negative.

DSCN0399.jpg

anyone who was worn a mister freedom tee, have the sleeves stretched out at all? mine aren't too tight but i usually don't go for fitted sleeves.

they have just some of the washing machine,cold water quick rinse,inside out,colour stil looks pretty solid,leg has lost a bees dick in length and maybe the waist as well

wont know for sure til dry and i can get them around my pieholder

the fabric has kinda tightened up and they no longer feel as light

got some pics of the prewash fade and whiskering to put up in a second,im on the wifes Mac and everything is a bit too smart for me

P1010599.jpg

P1010603.jpg

P1010607.jpg

P1010604.jpg

P1010606.jpg

P1010609.jpg

P1010611.jpg

Do any of you know if there is much of a difference between the Mister Freedom N1-H Deck Jacket and the Buzz Rickson U.S. Navy 1943 Winter "Deck" Jacket?

I imagine that the new "Troy" deck jacket in the MF Fall 2010 collection will be about the same price as the MF deck jacket that came out in Fall 2008 (Retail $889.95). The BR winter deck jacket is considerably less ($495.00 + $19.85 shipping). Are there big differences in quality or craftsmanship?

One difference I am aware of is that the BR jacket has an "Exact duplication of the original silver silk-screened identification marking “U.S. NAVY†applied on upper back area" but aside from that maybe they're very similar?

The basic jacket is the same but the materials, fit, hardware is all different on the Mister Freedom one.

The MF deck jacket has no knits on the waist of the jacket, and is much longer in the body than the Buzz Rickson deck jacket. If you always tuck in shirts, the BR deck jacket might look good. If you're like me, and basically never tuck in shirts, the MF deck jacket, with it's longer torso and lack of knits at the waist was a much better choice.

Am I the only one disappointed that MF is doing a 5-pocket jean? MF's genius was that he was doing something completely out of left field. Now, I'd never wear the jeans from the first and second season, but the riders were a really cool take on denim pants and if I had the jack I'd sport those. The world, however, doesn't need a generic take on a 5-pocket jean from MF. I do hope I'm wrong once better detail shots are available. I really hope there is some unique details. Anyway, $0.02 from a guy who owns no MF gear.