MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivet Head, i think it was an awesome idea just poor execution. he obviously took the cheapest way out, is all i ment. he coulda did a watch cap, belt even a bandana for them, and been able to raise just as much, if not more. i woulda been siked on a limited GAP x MF bandana to add to my collection.... and he coulda stayed true to his aesthetic.

RNR 4 Life!

I'm pretty sure MF doesn't have a whole lot of money or time to personally donate. So, I am willing to bet that donating some shirt designs requires a relatively minimal amount of time on Christophe's part, and ensures that the maximum proceeds go to (RED). In that respect, t shirts make the most sense.

Rivet Head, i think it was an awesome idea just poor execution. he obviously took the cheapest way out, is all i ment. he coulda did a watch cap, belt even a bandana for them, and been able to raise just as much, if not more. i woulda been siked on a limited GAP x MF bandana to add to my collection.... and he coulda stayed true to his aesthetic.

RNR 4 Life!

You think more people would buy a watch cap, belt or bandana than a t shirt? I'm sure these shirts are for the masses and not MF heads. More people wear graphic tees than bandanas

yea, i guess thats true, i was just figuring Gap had some old D-ring belts or wool caps he coulda tricked out. Sunday, how does the screen print feel? quality?

It's just a regular Gap graphic tee. Can't feel the print at all on the mermaid tee. I hope it doesn't wash right off. The black one seems a little better but the quality of these aren't special at all. I wouldn't pay full price for these but that goes for all things at the Gap. These aren't shirts made to last but I have no complaints

if the gap screenprinting washes right off, those tees will look a lot better. and more in line with the MF aesthetic. bottom one with the bowler hat is a rad screen, but the liberty cuffs one is way too bright and gap-ish right now. wash that thing with some bleach, i say!

or gasoline... it's what CL would do.

RNR 4 Life!

Really? I think it's about the charity, not adding to your MF collection. Most people probably wouldn't buy a watch cap or bandanna. T-shirt is probably the best option for the masses.

My faux cynicism may have accidentally covered up that I think it is pretty cool that Christophe would "stoop" to the level of GAP to promote a good cause. I do think some tricked out watch caps or maybe even a chambray shirt of GAP quality with some liberty cuffs or MF funkiness added to it, but in the end people will always buy t-shirts and graphics are the "it" thing these days.

Hasn't anyone seen "Jersey Shore." That is some next level steez.

Also received delivery of a few MF gap shirts today bought during the 25% off sale. Those interested in how they compare to the “real†MF ones, below are two shots.

The first is the one I bought from MF:

MF_shirt1.jpg

The second is from the GAP:

MF_shirt2.jpg

The most noticeable difference for me is that the GAP one doesn’t have the great smell! I love that smell and put the MF tee with other clothes to transfer the smell. Also, no great tag hooked on the GAP tees.

At first glance, other differences are pretty minor—the MF has a slightly wider neck, is softer, slightly shorter on arms and length. Regarding the length, I plan to wash all of the GAP ones, so will likely see desired shrinkage. I don’t plan to wash the MF until the smell fades to something awful.

Will refrain from judging value...but will say that I’m happy with the GAP tees.

Those 5-pocket jeans remind me of some old vintage "Maverick" jeans, which looked like a wrangler rip off. Does anyone know what they mean by dead stock denim or what time period the denim is from?

I think the 5-pocket and again the CPO look like the pieces that I would get most wear out of.

Maverick weren't a rip-off of Wrangler, they were a sub-brand, both owned by Bluebell. They were mostly l/h or broken twill; the MF pocket lift the M and the back pocket tag but that's about it.

Detailing on the chambray looks nice.

MF fans might just dig this Nigel Cabourn waxed cotton tropics stotmcoat - on sale at THe Bureau

Maverick weren't a rip-off of Wrangler, they were a sub-brand, both owned by Bluebell. They were mostly l/h or broken twill; the MF pocket lift the M and the back pocket tag but that's about it.

Detailing on the chambray looks nice.

MF fans might just dig this Nigel Cabourn waxed cotton tropics stotmcoat - on sale at THe Bureau

Oh, well don't you just know it all. Who asked you anyway?

Was maverick a cheaper model? I had a pair of deadstock (13mws or something) that looked identical to their wrangler counterparts with some crazy heavy denim.

Oh, well don't you just know it all. Who asked you anyway?

Was maverick a cheaper model? I had a pair of deadstock (13mws or something) that looked identical to their wrangler counterparts with some crazy heavy denim.

mavericks were the cheaper alternative. As a kid I never wanted to wear mavericks because it was like wearing Pony shoes as opposed to Nike....

Oh, well don't you just know it all. Who asked you anyway?.

Sorry for introducing the facts into this discussion. I thought it made a welcome change from you complaining about MF being made by exploited fluffy puppies in subterranean asiatic sweatshops.

Those 5-pocket jeans remind me of some old vintage "Maverick" jeans, which looked like a wrangler rip off. Does anyone know what they mean by dead stock denim or what time period the denim is from?

I thought I read somewhere (Kiya maybe?) that it's 60's era old stock denim. I think it's an interesting choice; we've seen a lot of different old stock fabric used in MF products (Lining on riders dungarees, blanket liners, lining on the mulholland master) but never denim.

So from the article we know it's got

-a zippo sized pocket

-Long inseam (taking this from the "excessive hem" part)

-M stitching and leather patch on rear pockets.

Nothing revolutionary, but I dig an American made Wrangler style straight leg cut.

Wonder what the vests will retail for; they look pretty lightweight, but I like the detailing on them.

Sorry for introducing the facts into this discussion. I thought it made a welcome change from you complaining about MF being made by exploited fluffy puppies in subterranean asiatic sweatshops.

I wish we were in a bar (or as you sissies across the pond call it a "pub") so that I could ask you to step outside and we could settle this like men.... You know, outside, with natural lighting so that we can compare denim fades.

I thought I read somewhere (Kiya maybe?) that it's 60's era old stock denim. I think it's an interesting choice; we've seen a lot of different old stock fabric used in MF products (Lining on riders dungarees, blanket liners, lining on the mulholland master) but never denim.

So from the article we know it's got

-a zippo sized pocket

-Long inseam (taking this from the "excessive hem" part)

-M stitching and leather patch on rear pockets.

Nothing revolutionary, but I dig an American made Wrangler style straight leg cut.

Wonder what the vests will retail for; they look pretty lightweight, but I like the detailing on them.

From the pics the denim looks like RHT. If it is RHT or LHT I will have to mosey on down to LA to check them out in person. Not a big fan of broken twill. I always feel like if I take the 30min jaunt into the city that I have to buy something.... Just saying.

I was kind of hoping no one would bid and the seller would knock the price down a bit more and relist because I was seriously tempted if just a tad bit cheaper. I think the seller is a member here. I remember him posting in the shoes that look better with age thread and he has a ridiculous shoe collection.

Sold for $499. VERY nice price!!

!B)Tu8)!!mk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Ev1+0EzHhBMM5dzcTSg~~_12.JPG

I believe there is a picture in the link Cotton posted. Here it is again (the translated version) since it slipped to page 2.

...looks pretty solid to me. I didn't particularly like the dungarees cut so this appears to be a welcome addition.

From Mister Freedom.com:

*CHINOS, COTTON TROUSERS: A new pattern for our MFSC Chinos*

Anyone heard what will be "new" about their pattern? I know as much is contrary to MF's naval aesthetic, but I hope an ever so slightly slimmer fit...

The 5 pocket jean looks to be a winner. As long as it doesn't come in at an obscene price(and Kiya made it sound like it wouldn't), I can see that being one of their most popular items...with the exception of the Aids shirts of course.

Hell, I'll probably grab a pair as I'll be in need of a new 5 pocket soon after I can snag me a pair of stronghold hickories.

I saw that, very cool. Their design and details are seemingly identical to the MFSC chinos from Season 1, but the news from MF's blog purports a new 'pattern,' which I assume means an updated fit? But I'd love to know how... Regardless they were even originally epically made and, I agree, much improved over the Riders' Dungarees done in khaki.

I believe there is a picture in the link Cotton posted. Here it is again (the translated version) since it slipped to page 2.

...looks pretty solid to me. I didn't particularly like the dungarees cut so this appears to be a welcome addition.