MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John (from MF) actually contacted me and offered to repair the pants if I sent them in - not doing it since already repaired and don't want to be away from them, but just gotta say WOW, thats the kind of things that make a person come back for more. Talk about service!

Sunday is always killin it on the mf thread.

What are the boots?

Thanks. The boots are Chippewa engineers

Nice riders thissunday. How old are they? The fade is great.

They've had maybe 6 months of wear. They've been on the backburner because of the Roy x Cone contest last year

i just gotten my prairie shirt, in denim. im awed. by the construction of the shirt. much like the calico chemise, the back part is a little different. simply amazing. pics up tomorrow.

ok i have always know of the MF craze in japan. but this prairie shirt is just amazing. at this rate these prairie shirts will all be sold out in a flash.

Edited by Gnob

Does anyone have any fit pics of the '44s that they haven't posted? There are relatively few here or elsewhere, at least compared with the '54s and other MF styles.

Here are some, not the best sorry, mine are size 32 P20 denim 3,5 months of real wear 3 soaks and one machine wash. Had hoped they would shrink a little more, but didn't much at all.

R0010926.jpg

R0010927.jpg

and some pics of the tear on my pantalon diable, I'm actually pretty surprised on how easy the fabric tear after the info from mf: The close weave makes this fabric almost windproof, warm, insulating and very durable. It performs much better than denim does, but is very expensive to mill.

R0010907.jpg

R0010905.jpg

Had to reinforce on the cinch strap as well, just used fabric from the suspenders.

R0010904.jpg

The repair on the back might be redone, just did this in haste so it would not rip further.

R0010898.jpg

R0010891.jpg

R0010889.jpg

At this point, everyone should know that you have to buy the road champs if you have money/ credit available. I charged mine and payed it off over two months so it wasn't such a big purchase at once. You can't go wrong with them.

I got the black moleskin pantaloons as well. I haven't worn them yet, I actually just got them a week ago and need to get them hemmed. I also finally picked up the chino's that came out with the midnight and off duty CPOs. The chinos were much more full than I had thought they would be, so I will be getting those slimmed down in the leg as well as hemmed. Pix as soon as I get them back. Thats really interesting how the moleskin wore so fast. Are you wearing them daily?

At this point, everyone should know that you have to buy the road champs if you have money/ credit available. I charged mine and payed it off over two months so it wasn't such a big purchase at once. You can't go wrong with them.

I got the black moleskin pantaloons as well. I haven't worn them yet, I actually just got them a week ago and need to get them hemmed. I also finally picked up the chino's that came out with the midnight and off duty CPOs. The chinos were much more full than I had thought they would be, so I will be getting those slimmed down in the leg as well as hemmed. Pix as soon as I get them back. Thats really interesting how the moleskin wore so fast. Are you wearing them daily?

yeah, worn around a month and a half since november, a couple of soaks and one machine wash..

does anyone know anything about tax and export for purchasing from japan?

I have read that it's possible to purchase tax free as a tourist - can this apply to mail order exports?

often 2 prices on Japanese sites - one is without tax and one is tax in (the higher price).