MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

New collection is my favorite so far, it's a nice combination of all styles.

Half is made in Japan and half in USA. Construction is seriously good on the USA made stuff. Expect some great twists on classic denim styles.

back to denim?

so nice to hear that ....

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also more US built

Maybe the depressed US dollar has made the Japanese made stuff a bit too pricey

japanese jeans--even though more intricate--were 400+ while the only pair of US made MF jeans were only 250.

Actually, my pair of 7161MD's say MADE IN THE USA on the inside tag. I was surprised to see that. So does anyone know for 100% sure if they were made in the US? I always figured they were.

Some things I would love to see in the fall: (aka: my dreams)

a. denim sack coat

b. OD green twill/ grosgrain pants (like the deck pants USN guys made out of their deck overalls)

c. black MFSC denim with the influence being from Speed Safe line

d. brown pants that "match" the Muholland Master Jacket (how sick that would be)

japanese jeans--even though more intricate--were 400+ while the only pair of US made MF jeans were only 250.

exactly what i was thinking

i think the Apaches stuff as nice as it is/was came in a bit too pricey for most

until i figure out buying stuff direct from Japan i aint touching it

What are you guys talking about? My original 7161s were also made in the US. The difference in the price of the Californians is likely due to the fact that they were made from NOS American denim, which was probably much cheaper than multiple types of 50/50 Sugar Cane denims. They are also a much more standard construction, not 'Frankenstein jeans', as Christophe described the 7161s.

What are you guys talking about? My original 7161s were also made in the US. The difference in the price of the Californians is likely due to the fact that they were made from NOS American denim, which was probably much cheaper than multiple types of 50/50 Sugar Cane denims. They are also a much more standard construction, not 'Frankenstein jeans', as Christophe described the 7161s.

whoops. i guess i was talking about riders/shore jeans and calis. regardless, hopefully the prices will go down with less importing for SC.

Must spread ThisSunday...can't wait to see more!

Here's a cool clip of Mr. Christophe discussing his pricing.

Can't wait for the new line!!!

Sunday, i'd also like to see some wide shots...

and did christophe just say his retail prices are outrageous in that video?

Sunday, i'd also like to see some wide shots...

and did christophe just say his retail prices are outrageous in that video?

he's not an idiot :D. he knows he sells good shit that people who have an income buy.

FYI - In case you haven't seen this, Palladium Boots hosted an interview with Christophe.

I really dig his answer on this one:

Throughout your years of design, what has been your greatest challenge?

I won't make friends on this one, but here she goes...

The challenge is how to survive in a world where H&M (or the likes) advertises a trench coat for $34.95 on billboards all around town. When the buttons I choose for some MF garments cost me that much, per coat...

Those giant companies have a season advertising budget that probably exceeds small businesses’ yearly general expenses. Consumers are "trained" into believing their price point is the norm, so the small artisans have no room to survive. Why quality things must come at a cost often eludes the equation in mass market advertising. People get tricked into wanting ten disposable things at $100.00, when they should be enlightened about the benefit of owning one at $1000.00 that is well made, by well-paid workers, and that will last way beyond a season.

With a constant message like "you need more, and to buy more, you need to pay less", the consequences on local manufacturing, consumer education, worker wages, and local employment are huge.

Thanks to a few faithful supporters, MF has been able to stay afloat in its niche "puddle". We are explaining things to our followers, one detail at a time. Just like you win an election one handshake at a time. We'll keep that up as long as we can.

I totally agree with this although there are many who have no choice but to buy cheap as they can't afford the initial outlay for well-made things á la Mr Freedom.

Funny, I used to wear Palladiums all the time many years back, including a few pairs of nice leather boots.

FYI - In case you haven't seen this, Palladium Boots hosted an interview with Christophe.

I really dig his answer on this one:

Throughout your years of design, what has been your greatest challenge?

I won't make friends on this one, but here she goes...

The challenge is how to survive in a world where H&M (or the likes) advertises a trench coat for $34.95 on billboards all around town. When the buttons I choose for some MF garments cost me that much, per coat...

Those giant companies have a season advertising budget that probably exceeds small businesses’ yearly general expenses. Consumers are "trained" into believing their price point is the norm, so the small artisans have no room to survive. Why quality things must come at a cost often eludes the equation in mass market advertising. People get tricked into wanting ten disposable things at $100.00, when they should be enlightened about the benefit of owning one at $1000.00 that is well made, by well-paid workers, and that will last way beyond a season.

With a constant message like "you need more, and to buy more, you need to pay less", the consequences on local manufacturing, consumer education, worker wages, and local employment are huge.

Thanks to a few faithful supporters, MF has been able to stay afloat in its niche "puddle". We are explaining things to our followers, one detail at a time. Just like you win an election one handshake at a time. We'll keep that up as long as we can.

Just ordered the Californian jeans from SE. Anyone with a pair want to give some pointers on how to shrink the waist whilst not shrinking the inseam? Cold soak? I would dip the top block and leave the legs alone but I feel the color would then be different.

Just ordered the Californian jeans from SE. Anyone with a pair want to give some pointers on how to shrink the waist whilst not shrinking the inseam? Cold soak? I would dip the top block and leave the legs alone but I feel the color would then be different.

I think you're up shit-creek with that one there. Some people have stretched a pair out after soaking, I think almostnice did a pair like that; but there really is no good way to keep the inseam from shrinking but shrinking the waist band.

you could just soak the waist-area but what are you gonna do when they get dirty? dry clean them? thats just silly.

How short are you thinkin these are gonna be? I believe there is a little diddy on the mister freedom website about how they can be quite short and remain cool...which I tend to agree with to a certain extent.

overall -realistic options

- cold soak the whole thing and hot soak the waist ( but I think you'll still get 2 inches shrink outta the inseam.)

- cold soak the whole thing, hope they're not too loose in the waist

- hot soak and rock high waters

- get something else.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking to get a Mister Freedom blue chambray shirt, but still contemplating between the mechanic or the utility shirt. I'm going to wear it untucked most of the time. So, do you guys think it would be weird to wear the mechanic shirt untucked due to its lower hem shape?

Also, I realized that there are 2 versions of the blue mechanic shirt available, the salt-pepper chambray and the regular chambray. I know SE carries the salt-pepper one. Does anybody have the regular chambray one? Is the material used the same as in the chambray utility shirt?

Thanks in advance :)