Denime

it's still not certain if the denim on the xx-type is really different from the old ones

I've been told by a retailer that used to carry Denime that the denim is different (not low quality, but not what we have all grown to love). Additionally, some of the fits have been updated to help bring the brand to a broader market.

I was really hoping Resolute would be more like the old xx-type, but that denim appears to be quite a bit different as well...

Edited by jonny

Thought you might be interested to see my old XX Type. I got these for the Take 5 contest but didn't participate due to other things going on (sorry). The damaged belt loop is the result of an accident with a knife.

I actually don't really like faded jeans all that much so this is a cue to get something new, very 40s, dark and capable of big cuffs.

P1070040.jpg

P1070045.jpg

P1070046.jpg

P1070047.jpg

Nice fadings with a lot of life left in them

hey grooveholmes, awesome human made shirt!

^^B-F : Great detail pics !!!! Fantastic!!

And here a cross post of my old Denime contest pants. I updated them on other threads but I think, the Denime update should be here in the Denime thread

In the mean time I'm still using my old stuff. Today 2 year birthday of breaking in my Denime pants. But now I have to downgrade them. Can't show up with them in the office anymore I think since the left knee lost the battle against a rip 3 days ago.

For a present I gave them today another hard day on a Skitour from my parents house up to the Heinzenberg on 2100 m above sea level. Just 3 days before their 2 years birthday, the left knee lost the fight against a rip, so they are falling apart now very quickly (crosspost from My Nudies what are you wearing today chat):

DSC02731-red.jpg

DSC02733-red.jpg

DSC02704-red.jpg

DSC02701-red.jpg

DSC02677-red.jpg

DSC02648-red.jpg

DSC02623-red.jpg

DSC02568-red.jpg

More pics almost at the end of the series under

https://picasaweb.go...gCMTApuH-_qLcIQ

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

Thanks groovesholmes

I hjave to downgrdae them now and use them for outdoor activities and as work pants.

Otherwise my boss will probably fire me when I'm still showing up in the office with them.

But they'll still receive some more hard activities before retiring them in the Jeansmuseum

You lucky guy!!!

In 2009 I got the almost same zip fly pants but not the Orizzonti version!!!!

Excellent pics btw!!

they were founded 1988 in kobe but are still one of the osaka5 (warehouse, evisu, sda, fullcount and denime)

the brand had several owners over the years (orrizonti, shins and now real mccoys).

they focus more on the repro jeans. they used a lot of denim over the years and different cuts. the 'best' denim from them is their xx denim. they are on par with the brands you mentioned. more famous in japan than overseas. blue in green used to carry them, now blue owl sells them..but only the more modern and tweaked cuts of the new owner

under the new owner, they slimmed down their line-up but you can find pairs from the old owners still on yahoo auction. they lost a lot of love around here after the new owner took over because there are rumors, the famous xx been changed.

i only know of 2 guys buying a pair of the new owner. grooveholmes and me

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

around 20. Im a student but I work whenever I can and since i don't spend much money on other things...well it works

I have the same situation. Working for the Jeansmuseum to build up a safe heaven for all the beloved, retired raw denim rags and not spending much money on other things as well.

And Tilmann

Thanks for your excellent and very profunded information about Denime company and their development. You know the hell a lot about this stuff, Where did you get all those information?