Denime

19 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

^ Some pairs are floating around on Yahoo Auction already. 

So here are my size 34 after a gentle machine wash which didn't shrink them much. So will probably give them another wash soon.

Thoughts:
While the rise is higher than I usually prefer it still feels good. We have to see how I like the fit once the denim relaxes (and probably starts to sag more).
The coin pocket is huge...it has the size of other brands front pockets (nearly). The red tab is smaller on these than on old Denime jeans. The fabric of the pocket bags feels a bit flimsy and is more like regular Warehouse fabric. So no selvedge to be seen like on old Denime pocket bags. The denim still has a nice crunch after the wash but overall feels a bit less beefy than old XX denim (but that isn't too bad in my book).

Noticeable colour difference between front and back panel of the leg. 

How are they compared to the original line? Thanks.

20 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I was waiting for this question ;)

Funny enough, from details and cut the Original Line is closer to old Denime than these new Lot.220.

I will take some pictures later.

I had guessed that B)

Highest rise on the 220. Original Line and Orizzonti about the same although the Original Line is a W36 whereas Orizzonti and Lot. 220 are a W34

20230314_073025.thumb.jpg.3fc918c9d53f97e9e9b4becdd619f9bc.jpg

Different sized back pockets 

20230314_073103.thumb.jpg.82d6d38b1e9fa4152476f149a2e53fc7.jpg

The leather patches. My Orizzonti is an outlier as well with the brownish colour. Lot. 220 obviously bigger and different leather. 

20230314_073145.thumb.jpg.d45ea6761152a3cceac1395c7989309e.jpg

Buttons on Orizzonti and Original Line are the same, shiny. Lot. 220 is more dull (and I kinda prefer that look).

20230314_073306.thumb.jpg.6cf608161484e70ec80971f5498df5e8.jpg

Coin pocket size on the Lot.220 is really big. Orizzonti and Original Line again about the same. Also the side stitch is longer on the Lot. 220.

20230314_073448.thumb.jpg.762e4b071dd91cd7153fdcc08a951693.jpg

If your goal was to get as close to Orizzonti DENIME in terms of cut and details, rather look at the Original Line than the Made by Warehouse models. This leaves us with the denim being hopefully the same (although the Original Line also claimed to use the old denim recipe).

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Like @Talan, I’d been wondering about this too. It seems that the previous owners (Wego?) had made a concerted effort to reproduce some of the original models, using denim from the original mills. Now the new owners (Warehouse) have done exactly the same thing, although apparently less accurately.

Yep, they did. That was exactly what this "Original Line" for their 30th anniversary was all about. The same denim/mill (so also Kurabo) and the old sewing shop.

The Original Line was also very successful when it was released but apparently not enough to justify Wego to continue with it. So now it will be interesting if this new run by Warehouse will be successful enough to warrant a continous production and if it's successful I am really interested in the "why" :D Because Warehouse has a better standing in the community than Wego? 
It's still interesting to know why Warehouse introduced so many changes from the original models.

Does anyone know when the Tokyo and Kyoto models were made? Was it a one-off production run or were they produced over a period of time?

I understand they were produced under Shins ownership (2005-2009) but were they also made before that by Orizzonti?

Yes, both models were available continuously for many years starting in the Orizzonti era. When they were introduced first I would have to check. Kyoto model already in 1998 I believe. 

Edit: Kyoto model is older and longer in production. Tokyo probably just from 2005 onwards. Thanks @Maynard Friedman

I got a 32x32 in Warehouse 1001xx... Do you guys reckon I ought to go for a 32x32 in the 220? Saw some stock on Denimio. Anyone else know of another online shop that ships to US with a 32 in stock?

Other size references:

• S.C. Okinawa 32
  • Eternal 811 32
  • Resolute 710 33x33

17 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Yes, both models were available continuously for many years starting in the Orizzonti era. When they were introduced first I would have to check. Kyoto model already in 1998 I believe. 

I’ve just read that the Kyoto model was introduced first and then the Tokyo model was released for the (now closed) Sendagaya store in 2005. This would make the Tokyo edition a Shins only release.

Thanks for that! Mhh...I have seen the Kyoto model in the magazine which @Duke Mantee sent me and that was dated from 1999 or so. And yes, the Kyoto model was the first. I think it was also the only model you could buy in the Kyoto shop (if I read it correctly in Hayashi-san's book). The Tokyo model...well, in this case I trust you and your soruce. Where did you find the info? :) 

Edit: I think I found your source :)

Been looking through old Boon magazines, mostly mid-late 90's, and came across this Denime 213 from 1996 - 

20230316_173103.jpg

[Edit] l also found a pic of the XX model jeans from 1999 but it's too dark to get a decent pic.

Edited by Dr_Heech
To edit