Denime

I don't think it's that big a deal, but given that the product webpage mentions the tab specifically as a feature, I would be surprised if he didn't clear it with you before sending them out if he knew about it. Maybe he just didn't notice that it wasn't there?

I would email him and ask him if he has any spares. If he doesn't, then so what....you got the old XX denim and that's the main thing.

Gordan is truly the man. this was his response to this small matter.

Hi ALV,

Apologies for that, we must have missed that before shipping your pair out. The jeans are the same as sold in Japan but including those Black tabs on the pocket was our idea and something we did to make them unique to our store and offer something different to our customers. I have the extra tabs here so will mail one out to you today. Sorry again for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Gordon

Hey Coleslawyum. was thinking about doing the same thing Beautiful Freak gave me the idea & you sold me on doing it now. Did you do it your self? Is so, was it hard? BTW Thank you all for your help & opinions on this matter.

It shouldn't be a problem, if you have a sewing machine that can stitch onto denim. What you do is carefully seam rip the pocket stitching leaving enough thread to tie them onto the new stitching.

Sew the new tab in, and then running the new thread to the inside of the jeans with a hand needle, then tie them together with the old thread.

A decent tailor can easily do this if you don't have a machine.

Thanks Coleslawyum make me wish I never played hooky during Home Economics. I will probably let my tailor tackle this job, once I get these bad boys to settle down. I appreciate the help none the less.

BTW Coleslawyum, Whats a good machine to buy for someone beginning to learn to sew. I am a quick learner too. T.Y.

No, still a fat ass. I gave these to pwing many moons ago…

Don't know much about machines, but I really recommend getting a used industrial strength machine with table. Makes sewing so much easier. I think a basic forward / reverse single stitch runs about $400-$700, although you may find a deal somewhere. I recommend combing your neighborhood to see if you can get your hands on an antique and then refurbish it. Metal gears are always a plus.

• 2 weeks later...

So, tried on some Denime's at the Kyoto store today. Was quite surprised with the 66 fit, very nice! I asked the girl about 66xx type since I read something about it around here, but she didn't seem to know much about it though. Might end up getting some indigo 66's since they're only ¥15000.. Too bad they sold out of the black ones, although there's still a size 28 and a size 29 left for 50% off! Too fucking cheap... Were some other great 50% off bargains to be had, none in cuts I was interested in though unfortunately..

On another note, anyone familiar with the store exclusive models Denime does? The girl showed me the Kyoto one and it was a very nice light indigo one with cool details on the tag and a denim normally not used by Denime. Shame it was a low rise else I would've snapped that one up in a heartbeat though. The concept is very cool though, with a cut and denim type that's exclusive to a certain store.

So, tried on some Denime's at the Kyoto store today. Was quite surprised with the 66 fit, very nice! I asked the girl about 66xx type since I read something about it around here, but she didn't seem to know much about it though. Might end up getting some indigo 66's since they're only ¥15000.. Too bad they sold out of the black ones, although there's still a size 28 and a size 29 left for 50% off! Too fucking cheap... Were some other great 50% off bargains to be had, none in cuts I was interested in though unfortunately..

On another note, anyone familiar with the store exclusive models Denime does? The girl showed me the Kyoto one and it was a very nice light indigo one with cool details on the tag and a denim normally not used by Denime. Shame it was a low rise else I would've snapped that one up in a heartbeat though. The concept is very cool though, with a cut and denim type that's exclusive to a certain store.

how much are the sz 28 ones and can i purchase them online? can you give me some more info on those?

mmm, im pretty sure my kyotos dont have a low rise; also my tag is just a paper tag with the standard denime logo. i wonder if the new management changed the cut, patch and maybe even the denim for the in-store exlusives as well?

The size 28 ones are 50% off so ~Â¥7500. You can't purchase them online, just at the store itself. I actually thought about picking them up and reselling but it seemed like a hassle.

SLAB I can't really say but the ones I saw had a tag that specifically said Kyoto and the employee told me the stuff I mentioned about the fit and denim difference. Post pictures of your pair please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shit, i hate you Haga; I just decided to throw my Kyotos on the supermarket but seeing your results im all confused. Seems it really pays off to wear these

Why is my 66 pair ripping at the crotch faster than the dye is fading? What am I doing wrong? I was starting to get some nice fades but I noticed in the last month that the crotch was thinning out and now I have a full thickness wear-down at 2 spots. Meanwhile the denim is still pretty dark with only the beginnings of substantial fade kicking in. Time to ship it off for repair but before I do that, I'm gonna wash it. I did one cold wash soak but considering how there was minimal loss of dye and minimal shrinkage, do you guys think it's a good idea to give it a warm soak?

• 1 month later...