Mid to late 90's emo saved my life

poly800rock

i used to love the girls that worked at bryn mawr. they'd suggest some random garbage and i'd be like totally, i'll give you 100$ right now.

haha i went to repo when i went to look at swarthmore and would visit every so often while i was there haha. it's gone? :\

just downloaded it, thanks

hook a kid up.

i was lucky enough to snag the 12" and 7" on freewheel a ways back from the dude who ran that label. i think promise ring from early shit -> nothing feels good is/was awesome. everything after was garbage.

yep nothing feels good was the start of the downfall. was davey's other side projects any good?

Davey tried a totally different (and not better) vocal style for Maritime. It's all the same mid-tempo, bland rock, and it doesn't even have the melodies that late-era Promise Ring had. I checked out a few shows, and they were pretty mediocre live, too. Shame his widest exposure was singing backup on a Jimmy Eat World song.

Braid's reunion tour awhile back was a solid show. I think Hey Mercedes is playing a show for threadless??

Not really emo, but did anyone dig Elizabeth Elmore's bands? Sarge, The Reputation...

ok, i can now say i've never been there. i think you brought this up ddohnggo, but yeah, i browsed skylab commerce a lot in college

I was also on Skylab in I think eighth and ninth grade (sorry if that dates you or whatever). Got some siiick scores for way cheap, and wrote my first zine as a result of some people I met through it.

hahaha. oh those were the days.

didn't she do a split with bob nanna? i never heard it

yea, get on that shit...robert nanna/elizabeth elmore split ep...one of my favorite 7"...two great songs, i think its when they were dating....think it was on troubleman unlimimited.

edit: just got a treadwell 6" off ebay for $2.00.....

shoreman has the zine i did with some friends back in like 7 or 8th grade.

yo, if you got a scanner shoreman, lets see some pages...haha...did you keep a copy for yourself polyrock?

wish i kept copies of the zines i made...a couple friends i know gots some copies though, i can allways rescan..last one i ever made was like summer 04, but it wasnt about music....it was all about drugs, stories of staying in mental hospitals, traveling, jail and all the rest was graffiti.

yo, if you got a scanner shoreman, lets see some pages...haha...did you keep a copy for yourself polyrock?

wish i kept copies of the zines i made...a couple friends i know gots some copies though, i can allways rescan..last one i ever made was like summer 04, but it wasnt about music....it was all about drugs, stories of staying in mental hospitals, traveling, jail and all the rest was graffiti.

i wish i still had them, they were thrown out a few years back.

• 1 month later...

not so much mid90's as late 90's and early 2000's...but yage is seriously fuckin' good. the "human head too strong for itself" 10inch still gets spun all the time, the guitarwork is super interesting, this band really took advantage of having two guitarists!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

bump to ask if anyone went to see portraits of past reunion shows in the bay this last weekend? They killed it, hard. hahah, I swear I got some e flashbacks watching that, was way intense. I think they're playing in NY soon also.

Who else from VLV posts here? I know at least a handful of people do.

I joined VLV when I was fourteen and within a couple months put out a zine with interviews of all the VLV hype bands of the time (Die, Emperor! Die! and the One AM Radio and so on). Way better than the bands hyped there now. VLV circa 2002/3 - 2005 was definitely the most useful music resource I've ever found.

vlv poster: dikembe

i don't post often but it's on my dailies. went over there from CMHWAK.. back in the good days... sigh

also, bencap I really really wanted to go but it was one my good friends' birthday and the crowd i hang out with isnt really into the stuff. did you go to the gilman show w/ LaQ and PB? I really wanted a LaQ tour 7" =(