Mid to late 90's emo saved my life

poly800rock

as Im from Connecticut I used to see Jeromes Dream all the time I actually knew a few of those guys. not Geoff though. nick and erik I knew.

the wind up bird was going into a crazy direction last time I saw him.

now we are gettin into a whole new genre though... I think..

as Im from Connecticut I used to see Jeromes Dream all the time I actually knew a few of those guys. not Geoff though. nick and erik I knew.

where in CT are you from, my band used to play with the weigh down all the time, probably the best band i have ever had the pleasure to play with and also the NICEST most humble guys you could ever imagine.

shoreman, did you ever go to any promise ring shows at the church? i remember that someone yelled out during rye coalition's set "zeppelin" and they started busting out dazed and confused, the 15 minute version, this was in like 98 or 99.

I think I missed that one, sounds excellent, though. I think I saw Promise Ring (with Jets to Brazil, maybe?) at the TLA in 1998--maybe they came through twice that year, or the rye coalition show was earlier. I saw 'em again a year or two later in West Chester. Like 20 people showed up to that one.

Funny someone mentioned You and I. I vaguely remember I hung out with a girl who's brother played in Instil, but I don't think You and I. I don't even remember her name. Memories...

I actually reverted back to listening to alot of my old cd's/records because those bands are WAY better than the shit on being played these days.

My personal favs from that time, Texas Is the Reason, Samiam and their their new band Solea, Clarity by JEW, Saetia, 400 years, Rites, Sunny Day, Small Brown Bike's early shit, Quicksand, Smoking Popes!!!!!, HWM, Exploder and No Knife, and at the drive in.

does pg. 99 and city of caterpillar count? They were rad too.

I think I missed that one, sounds excellent, though. I think I saw Promise Ring (with Jets to Brazil, maybe?) at the TLA in 1998--maybe they came through twice that year, or the rye coalition show was earlier. I saw 'em again a year or two later in West Chester. Like 20 people showed up to that one.

Funny someone mentioned You and I. I vaguely remember I hung out with a girl who's brother played in Instil, but I don't think You and I. I don't even remember her name. Memories...

that was the tour after the one i was talking about, the one i went to was in the spring, the one after that i saw in boston w/ JTB in the fall

I actually reverted back to listening to alot of my old cd's/records because those bands are WAY better than the shit on being played these days.

My personal favs from that time, Texas Is the Reason, Samiam and their their new band Solea, Clarity by JEW, Saetia, 400 years, Rites, Sunny Day, Small Brown Bike's early shit, Quicksand, Smoking Popes!!!!!, HWM, Exploder and No Knife, and at the drive in.

no, pg99 and city are too new...

at the drive in was probably one of the best and one of the worst shows i've ever seen.

SMOKING POPES????

shit got me looking thru all my old 7"'s and found that jeromes dream/book of dead names 5" on witching hour....totally forgot i had that shit...thanks.

where in CT are you from, my band used to play with the weigh down all the time, probably the best band i have ever had the pleasure to play with and also the NICEST most humble guys you could ever imagine.

Poly - Im from New Britain originally, I live in Hartford now.

I saw the weigh down a bunch of times. I might have seen your band, what was it called?

the weight down dude has been around for a long time anyone remember In Vain?

I saw alot of wierd and great shows back then. I really wish that things like that were still going on.

Jasta14 post Jaime?

Age of Reason?

anyone remember a band from western Mass called tipping canoe?

somebody scored an orignal moss icon shirt not too long ago off ebay that was in the recent purchases thread...good shit.

That was me. Unfortunately it's really small. The design's really simple, so I'm just going to have my friend screen it on a shirt that fits. When that happens, the original is up for trade/sale.

In other news, Navio Forge - A Hole Into. Better intro than We Gotta Know? Maybe.

anyone ever get into the fire theft, Jeremy Enigk's band from like three years back. also, penfold and the gloria record. wow, I used to be so into them. Clarity as well. The Jazz June anyone?? Eliott??

penfold was really just a complete mineral ripoff. i liked em though, had some decent jams. gloria record were decent. jazz june were the bomb. I remember seeing them in providence at the met cafe in 99 when they were on the medicine tour and they were so loaded. really fucking good live band, and really good loose record. elliot were errr....

heard the wind up bird/one am radio split?

fucking good

one am radio were really good until he moved to LA. thats a great split though. they not only did a split record, but everytime i saw them, he always split his set with the wind up bird as well, like 2 songs each. the first wind up bird record is really good too.

anyone ever get into the fire theft, Jeremy Enigk's band from like three years back. also, penfold and the gloria record. wow, I used to be so into them. Clarity as well. The Jazz June anyone?? Eliott??

The Gloria Record will never be as good as Mineral. Though "The Arctic Cat" was a good track. oh well.

Any of you guys ever read the book "Nothing Feels Good"? Its written by a writer from Spin, so its a pretty bad perspective in most of the book but theres some good history in there. The only bad interview was with whats-his-name from The Lyndsay Diaries. I talked to him about at at one of his Umbrellas shows and he was pretty pissed at the author for portraying him as basically pathetic. A good read!

The Gloria Record will never be as good as Mineral. Though "The Arctic Cat" was a good track. oh well.

Any of you guys ever read the book "Nothing Feels Good"? Its written by a writer from Spin, so its a pretty bad perspective in most of the book but theres some good history in there. The only bad interview was with whats-his-name from The Lyndsay Diaries. I talked to him about at at one of his Umbrellas shows and he was pretty pissed at the author for portraying him as basically pathetic. A good read!

ha, my old band played with the lyndsey diaries and i'd probably describe him the same way

yea, barnes and nobles sells the book...had a chance to browse thru it.

got a chance to see mineral back in 96/97 in austin...really good show...i also had a chance to see the gloria record a few years later with hey mercedes and i thought the mineral show was alot better...maybe thats because i was alot younger and not as jaded..

i was listening to the boy's life/christie front drive split yesterday and i will say that that is probably the defining point of mid west 90's emo. it's so fucking good. and to look back on boy's life and what they were doing is pretty impressive at their time. fucking bob weston recorded departures and landfalls and trombino recorded the s/t....

i don't need a book, i lived that shit!