Mid to late 90's emo saved my life

poly800rock

• 3 weeks later...

work playlist - somewhat related to mid/late 90's emo

-city of caterpillar - s/t, i forgot how rad this record is! ("when was the last time we painted oer the blood on the walls" is especially awesome)

-some random assistant & you and i songs

-engine down - under the pretense of present tense

-sunny day real estate's diary during my morning commute

by the way, does anyone remember forstella ford and seven days of samsara?

Oh my gosh, i completely missed this thread....

Well, Bra!d obviously had an impact on my life as well as Sunny Day and Mineral....jeez, so many to mention....jawbox, texas is the reason, jets to brazil, christie front drive, boys life, PR, american football, rainer maria, etc.....I can't believe so many people on this board listen to the same stuff.

work playlist - somewhat related to mid/late 90's emo

-city of caterpillar - s/t, i forgot how rad this record is! ("when was the last time we painted oer the blood on the walls" is especially awesome)

-some random assistant & you and i songs

-engine down - under the pretense of present tense

-sunny day real estate's diary during my morning commute

by the way, does anyone remember forstella ford and seven days of samsara?

I remember it was a Tuesday. I was at some diner with friends, talking about music, and I said something like "you know, I think City of Caterpillar is my favorite band that's still around. I haven't seen them in a while, so I'm looking forward to that show on Friday."

Then Wednesday, there's a bulletin on some site saying that they broke up and the previous night was their last show and that they won't be releasing any of their new material. Awesome.

I remember it was a Tuesday. I was at some diner with friends, talking about music, and I said something like "you know, I think City of Caterpillar is my favorite band that's still around. I haven't seen them in a while, so I'm looking forward to that show on Friday."

Then Wednesday, there's a bulletin on some site saying that they broke up and the previous night was their last show and that they won't be releasing any of their new material. Awesome.

They've been broken up for a while now but they were really a fantastic band--fantastic live show. I saw a pretty early show of theirs and absolutely floored me. A lot of bands try to do the godspeed/mogwai + punk sound and end up sounding like crap.

Quicksand-Nice! Rival Schools were fun too.

They've been broken up for a while now but they were really a fantastic band--fantastic live show. I saw a pretty early show of theirs and absolutely floored me. A lot of bands try to do the godspeed/mogwai + punk sound and end up sounding like crap.

Quicksand-Nice! Rival Schools were fun too.

Yeah this situation was like 3 or maybe 4 years ago. Luckily I was able to see them a number of times.

it is a travesty that fugazi and atdi were even mentioned in this wussfest of a thread. (not trying to imply that i wasnt also an emo nerd when i was 16, but come on now.)

i consider fugazi a punk band.

• 9 months later...