Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

• 2 weeks later...

Cross post from Evo... by popular demand, some lightly worn in DD's:

Warehouse Duckdigger 1920 (Originally Raw)

-Owned for 7-8 months, worn for maybe 3-4 months

-Washed 3 times, first time at 2 months. Hot Wash and High Heat Dry Cycle every time

-Hot soak, Hot wash, and Hot Dry when they were first purchased

I bought these two sizes larger (I normally take a 30, these are a 32) partially because they were out of my size at BiG, partially because I tried sizing down one in the DD1930 1-wash and found it too tight, and partially because I wanted something comfier and looser than my size 30 SC1947 (which I found a little tight right after washes)

The result is that I usually wear these as more of a streetwear jean (though I do dress them up vintage style from time to time) The indigo is very slow to fade and has more of a grayish-greenish cast than my SC's (which are a very true blue). These guys were super crispy and stiff at first and have since developed a nice soft hand (with a bunch of slubs for that extra tactile pleasure) The fading on these will probably not be as pronounced as my other jeans since these fit pretty loosely and they don't have too many creases, but I'm quite ok with that.

A lot of the pleasure in these jeans for me is the nostalgic styling combined with the surprisingly modern cut (i.e. lower rise, and moderate hip flair) From what I understand, these are the most modern cut of all the DD's. I have received a lot of compliments from random people on these (though not as much as my slim fit RRLs... I guess my stickly body is better suited to slim jeans, but whatevs) I think it will take me another good year or so to really realize the full potential of these guys.

At which point I will probably buy another pair. :)

1393986imgva5.jpg

1393983imgob7.jpg

1393991imgpp3.jpg

1393984imggp0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

stopped in at BiG over the weekend. According to Gordon, the latest member of our DD Appreciation Society is Basketball Superstar Lebron James.

Apparently, he's having Warehouse extend their size run to 38-40 to accomodate him. I asked Gordon about his inseam and he said that he's probably "only" going to take a 36-37 because he's going to sag them so low.

Just thought I'd share :)

i still think they will be the next jeans i buy... which isnt saying much since i have 5 years worth of jeans to wear out.

haha. i've been saying this also. but i don't wear out jeans nearly as fast unfortunately. it'll be these or if i happen to come across those ltd. sda wranglers i really wanted...

and just to add to Miz's sentiments:

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong at all with Lebron rocking DD's. As a matter of fact, I was kind of flattered that he sought them out to the point where he asked Warehouse to extend their size run; he obviously likes the jeans enough to wait for them to be produced.

Plus, I dno't believe that there should be any rules about who's "allowed" to wear what. If you think about it, fashion is all about taking influences from other places and re-appropriating it...

Back on Topic: handling and trying on PBJs at BiG made me appreciate my DD's much more. DD's feel light for a 15oz jean, but definitely feel sturdier than PBJ's stuff and are almost as slubby. Plus, the decorative stitching and the color depth... I fall more and more in love with these guys over time.

I used to be a dick about rappers wearing shit they know nothing about, especially since a stylist put the jeans on them. (Frankly I hate stylists more…) But who the fuck cares? If Jay-Z or Lebron or whoever the fuck wants to wear Japanese denim, great! I just wish they would stop coming out with ugly ass clothing lines.

Do you think they wear them more than once?

4xqlqfb.jpg

I don't think he soaked these. ;)

he wore it straight from big...hahahahahah looks like it hough! hes gonna get stain on all over his new y-3's too

Back on Topic: handling and trying on PBJs at BiG made me appreciate my DD's much more. DD's feel light for a 15oz jean, but definitely feel sturdier than PBJ's stuff and are almost as slubby. Plus, the decorative stitching and the color depth... I fall more and more in love with these guys over time.

i always thought dders were 14oz? no?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice finds jubei. I would love to get a pair of these, but I have a couple pairs sitting in my closet that need some love.

i still think they will be the next jeans i buy...

i keep saying this, but for one reason or another they keep getting bumped back. i was gonna get duckdigger, got samurais instead, then imperials, then levis. eventually ill get there

*statement issued by The Fraternity of Duck Diggers Connoisseurs