Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

Another sneakpeek:

1381941613_064ae8af62_o.jpg

This SPECIAL WEAVE DENIM is made

EXCLUSIVELY FOR

~BROWNDUCK NEWMARK & DIGGER~

This cloth is the result of years of experiment and most exacting tests for Strenght, Washing quality and durability.

In my experience of over twenty-five years as an Overall Manufacyurer I have compared and tested every known denim and I offer this garnment under the fellowing REMARKABLE GUARANTEE

If, when this Overall is completely worn out, you do not think that Special Weave WAREHOUSE Overalls are BETTER and will OUTWEAR ANY other Overalls made,

Repairing Neatly Doue.

Beware of imitations-

Demand the Genuine

Special Weave WARE-

OUSE Overalls!

All typo's left intact.

I'll hold them to that Guarantee of Repairing Neatly Doue!

misspelling their own name that is brilliant.

completely unrelated but when i was a kid i went over to my cousins house and on the fridge was a spelling test, A+ 10/10, but he had misspelled his name so i teased him relentlessly about it, his name is marcos and it said macos. ah, vintage memories

nearly all the models are cut slightly differently. i have the 1950 and it is quite a full shape, although straight. they do stretch back out to a raw fit after a few days wear, mainly due to the looser weave.

those who would like a non-cinch but still slightly slimmer than the 1950, should get the 1940 as i believe it is slightly lower in the crotch and also straight. for some reason it is more expensive, maybe due to the extra stitching??

regards

nearly all the models are cut slightly differently. i have the 1950 and it is quite a full shape, although straight. they do stretch back out to a raw fit after a few days wear, mainly due to the looser weave.

those who would like a non-cinch but still slightly slimmer than the 1950, should get the 1940 as i believe it is slightly lower in the crotch and also straight. for some reason it is more expensive, maybe due to the extra stitching??

regards

the weave is suppose to be pretty tight from what i heard.

How did you size in the DD compared to the 45 rpm? Pics?

Warehouse should mirror Levi's in that the further back in time you go, the roomier the cut. The 1950's model is to my knowledge the slimmest of them all. To me it;s the most handsome. The fabric is very tactile and is a loose weave so stretchy. I have a pair of the 1950's in size 30's I've just sold and a pair in W28 that I wish to god fit me :(

Warehouse should mirror Levi's in that the further back in time you go, the roomier the cut. The 1950's model is to my knowledge the slimmest of them all. To me it;s the most handsome. The fabric is very tactile and is a loose weave so stretchy. I have a pair of the 1950's in size 30's I've just sold and a pair in W28 that I wish to god fit me :(

Wrong on so many levels

Thanks Blackplatano. I have just looked here http://www.ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=items&cc=575 and indeed it seems the 1920 may just be slimmer than the 1950's model so my knowledge stands corrected.

Regarding the stretchiness of the denim however, as someone who's worn a pair that stretched out so much they fell of my waist I can relay first hand that the denim errs on the side of stretchy.

Part of the reason for this is that to get the slubby effect on denim the looms are slowed down and this the cotton is woven under a lower tension. Thus when worn the material has a bit more give but then may also be subject to greater shrinkage also.

I'm glad duckdiggers are getting a bit of attention here, great jeans.

Thanks Blackplatano. I have just looked here http://www.ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=items&cc=575 and indeed it seems the 1920 may just be slimmer than the 1950's model so my knowledge stands corrected.

Regarding the stretchiness of the denim however, as someone who's worn a pair that stretched out so much they fell of my waist I can relay first hand that the denim errs on the side of stretchy.

Part of the reason for this is that to get the slubby effect on denim the looms are slowed down and this the cotton is woven under a lower tension. Thus when worn the material has a bit more give but then may also be subject to greater shrinkage also.

I'm glad duckdiggers are getting a bit of attention here, great jeans.

thanks for clarifying the stretch factor.

However, there are still people who say they shrink a lot. Maybe it has to do with washing. How many times have you washed them?

they shrink a lot compared to raw when you wash/soak them. however, they will stretch out once you start wearing them again.

the fit of mine compared to my 45rpm nandos (and after wearing for a while) is looser. i would say though that i wear a 34 waist but have skinny legs so someone with a slimmer waist and some actual muscle may find the fit more suitable.

my nandos have been washed/tumbled now though and i think that has made them tighter. i will take pics later just for you xxx

As promised pics of my 30's.

When I decided to get these the 20's and 40's had just come out, and I had never seen any pics of these worn. Some people had the 50's but there wasn't that much to be found about these. It was a shot in the dark, especially with the short inseam.

I preferred these over the other models as I'm a big fan of exposed back pocket rivets, suspender buttons and a cinch. But I wanted beltloops since the jeans I wore before these were my (beltloopless) LVC 1890's. I must say that the reinforcement stitching on the other models looks very nice and it was hard to just pick one. In the back of my mind I know that I'll get more Duckdiggers in the future, as they are such unique jeans. I've also entertained myself with the thought of trying to collect the whole Duckdigger range. That's how crazy I am about them.

Amazing jeans in every aspect.

Specs of the 1930's:

For all the cooky details these have and the pocket stitching they are still very low-key jeans. I don't think people who don't have anything with denim would ever notice them, and might not be able to appreciate them (forgive me if that sounds snobbish).

But the are definitely not the flashy jeans that some people hold them for and you won't get the "look at him with his flashy jeans effect"!

Anyway:

Suspender buttons, exposed rivets, cinchback, beltloops,

felled outseams.

There's something about these jeans that makes them actually feel old in a way.

It's hard to describe but they feel a bit "dusty", they never felt brandnew (but in a good way).

I can not even begin to decribe the denim, it's super dark and rough in a way without being very stiff or hard.

Feels very vintage-y and I have a feeling that these will also fade in a very vintage way.

They were mildly hot soaked once for about 2,5 hours when raw.

Since I could hardly button them up I soaked them with me in them for a bit and then jammed a wooden coat hanger in the waist.

After I took them out of the water I stood on the hems and pulled them to get some lenght back.

They are a bit on the short side and with possibly quite some shrinkage still left in them I will only handwash these in the future.

Measurements (per the BiG method)

Size 32:

pre soak

waist: 32.7

front rise: 13.4

back rise: 14.6

inseam: 35.4

leg opening: 18.1

post soak

waist: 33.1 *

front rise: 12

back rise: 13.8

inseam: 34.3

leg opening: 17.4

*this being bigger that pre soak is weird I know, and there is a slight possibility that I fucked it up while measuring. More likely option is that instead of the waist shrinking, it only stretched because I soaked with me in them, so it didn't have the chance to get any smaller.

I have now got 10 full weeks of wear in them but unfortunatly haven't worn them for a long time, as all other project have been put on hold while I'm working on the MFSC's.

Took these fit pics today.

I am very happy with how they fit, and they sit perfectly on my hip.

It's just a completely straight not too slim, not too baggy fit.

Please excuse the way the shirt is tucked, did that to show the waist better.

1393062542_7defae4cd5_o.jpg

1393062930_70fe7fdb84_o.jpg

1392170989_baeb0f6dc6_o.jpg

1392171139_64ff13baeb_o.jpg

Some raw pics:

1382835816_1907538dd8.jpg

1382836932_642ca890a4.jpg

1382839968_7be2441c76.jpg

1381942211_ad2e8ca2d2.jpg

1381943615_72c15a98e2.jpg

very hairy

Posted these two pics already on the previous page.

1381943237_9ade4674ab.jpg

there are a couple of differnt patches, I believe the 30's and 50's have this one

1381941613_064ae8af62_o.jpg

This SPECIAL WEAVE DENIM is made

EXCLUSIVELY FOR

~BROWNDUCK NEWMARK & DIGGER~

This cloth is the result of years of experiment and most exacting tests for Strenght, Washing quality and durability.

In my experience of over twenty-five years as an Overall Manufacyurer I have compared and tested every known denim and I offer this garnment under the fellowing REMARKABLE GUARANTEE

If, when this Overall is completely worn out, you do not think that Special Weave WAREHOUSE Overalls are BETTER and will OUTWEAR ANY other Overalls made,

Repairing Neatly Doue.

Beware of imitations-

Demand the Genuine

Special Weave WARE-

OUSE Overalls!

Directly copied, all mistakes left intact.

Put some buttons on your 20's then.

It's easy and can look really good.

Try to find some plain vintage looking iron buttons with 4 holes, most places should have like regular buttons with holes but for jeans and in iron.

Otherwise some plain wooden ones can also look nice.

Check here, for a post on buttons I put on another pair of jeans of mine.

Oh, and I also remember that Bill had put button's on jeans of his, but he put them on the inside of the waistband.

Great pics. Thanks Cotton.

I recently got some braces from AlbertThurston

http://www.albertthurston.com/

I got them to wear with my LVC201s. They're fun to wear, and I now wish that I got the 1900 diggers instead of the 1920s.

i agree they look awesome, i was actually about to get the 1900 duckdiggers but i won a pair of 1890 lvcs on ebay, and couldnt justify both. i still really want a pair of duckdiggers, the denim and the detailing is so great, maybe next year, maybe the year after but definitely one day.