Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

the weird thing is, I don't think those are 20's... miz and I have the 20's and they don't have suspender buttons. I would've said they were 30's, but 30's have rivets at the pockets, not the reinforced stitching.

I'm guessing they're a customized 20. But as far as your question goes, Edmond, DD's are cut a little bit slimmer than most "regular fit" jeans (you still get the regular fit effect, though) I do believe the 20 is the slimmest of the bunch (it's certainly the lowest rise of them... the rest have pretty high rises) The 20 also has the biggest backpockets.

man, with suspender buttons, buckleback and belt loops, you really have no excuse for your pants to fall off, lol

but this is all very mysterious to me... maybe the newer versions will have suspender buttons? I certainly wouldn't mind them. DD suspender buttons are slim enough to wear a belt over them comfortably.

i think they might be altered 1900, cause they have stitched rivets and suspender buttons, but it looks like he added belt loops. since we cant see the back we can only assume that there are 2 not just the 1 back pocket

the ones gg posted look just like a distressed version of the ones you posted Cotton...

:confused:

in any case, it inspires me to get another pair of DD's that are closer fitting (to speed up wear time)... but I know if I do that, that I'll never wear my 20's... I guess I'll just have to eat more french fries :)

the ones gg posted look just like a distressed version of the ones you posted Cotton...

Sort of, but the ones he posted have only one backpocket.

in any case, it inspires me to get another pair of DD's that are closer fitting (to speed up wear time)... but I know if I do that, that I'll never wear my 20's... I guess I'll just have to eat more french fries :)

You could do this, but only start wearing them once you have a fade on your 20's that you can be proud of, heh heh heh....

I think they are the 1900's.

It can not be the 1920 no matter how badly some of you want it to be, because of the suspender buttons.

The 1930 has extra rivets that the guy does not have, so it has to be the 1900.

It goes to show that 1900s are kinda slim.

Aha!

However, as said before adding beltoops to a 1900 is alot more work than adding suspenderbutton's to a 1920!

That Own webstore is indeed a little weird (if not sketchy),

they obviously also don't understand what a normal fit is...

Its definitely "unique"...they actually don't carry the stock I don't think...they have it sent to you directly from Japan. Which leads to an obvious question...

Not related to this thread at all...but I have a copy of the Own magazine featuring SC's Mister Freedoms if anyone is interested.

interested in what's in it about them, care to post scans in the appropriate thread?

Also would it be smart to make a model list of the DD'ers as has been done of Samurai and Sugarcane, or would this put them out in the open too much?

Opinions...

I think there's an interview and a bunch of pictures...I'll scan at work on Monday.

I think a chart would be useful...I don't think DD's will ever be the most popular pick on sufu, but they're definitely one of the more confusing denim lines with all their models. Be prepared for the onslaught of snarky corrections when you do one though. ;)

Aha!

However, as said before adding beltoops to a 1900 is alot more work than adding suspenderbutton's to a 1920!

I think we are missing something. I can't see whether there are any belt loops. Maybe the guy does have rivets and we can't see them?

I was planning on buying from Own magazine, especifically the 1920's they have mislabed, is there anything sketchy about them?

I think we are missing something. I can't see whether there are any belt loops. Maybe the guy does have rivets and we can't see them?

I was planning on buying from Own magazine, especifically the 1920's they have mislabed, is there anything sketchy about them?

I have experience ordering goods from them...I received a subscription to their (really, really expensive) magazine as a gift, and that's gone smoothly. I don't think I've heard anyone else mentioning that they ordered jeans from them though.

I haven't really been keeping up with the sleuth work on these, but how was it concluded that they were 1900's and not 1920's? If these were based on Levi's history, it wasn't until 1922 that beltloops were added, and suspender buttons were present until 1937.

Like I said, I haven't kept up with most of the conversation, so I might be totally off-whack.

https://own-magazine.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=22&products_id=117

From what i know of DDs...these should be the 1920's. But own magazine has mislabed them then. Can somebody comfirm that this is the 1920's?

Gimmegimme,

How much is the shipping and such?

Not too sure about shipping...all I know is that they ship directly from the manufacturer in Japan using EMS...so I would presume that shipping to North America would run in the $30ish range. :confused: