Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

^yes those are the 20s, own just aint up on it.

but shit, i thought i had solved the mistery when i saw nemoulettes 20s LEE repros complete with suspender buttons. but alas, the different pocket stichings a dead give away..

My first wash of my Warehouse 1920s Lee repros.

P1000564.jpg

^^ that statement alone warrants a chart! blue gray digger duck brown duckie duck duckers :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll try to get to work on one, but only for the Duckdigger line.

Brownduck & Digger is just a different name that they hardly ever go by.

The patch on mine even says:

The Warehouse

Brownduck,

Newmark

& Digger

The way I understand it is that The Warehouse company has a couple

of different lines, Warehouse, Dubbleworks, Duckdigger & The Blue & Gray.

The WH contest jeans are actually a Warehouse line denim on a Dubbleworks cut. (If I understood it correctly, if not dammit!)

Oy...someone stop the madness!

I just spent the last two weeks figuring out Samurai's model line-up...this one's ALL yours Cotton!

the DD line is the EASY one to figure out...

The Warehouse stuff is silly. They had like three DIFFERENT jeans labeled 1000XX when I was there. I shit you not. They were a few different grades of denim though, with the 1000XX that we know being the most expensive, best stuff (presumably)

AND they had one that was Warehouse's 'top' 1000XX denim in the DW 660 cut, called the 106... So I'm guessing they decided to make the contest jean a production model.

I think it's funny that the word ALL the sales guys seemed to know is 'silhouette'... while pointing at the 660 he said "same silhouette, but this...." didn't know the word fabric, just grabbed the 1000XX and held the denim between his fingers.

Figured we could do with a pic in here after about 3 pages of pointless figuring out what "mysterypants" some guy on a photo is wearing.

And I happen to have just uploaded this:

1381943237_efea07d252_o.jpg

Oh lookit, jus' lookit that denim!!!

Also, I'm under the impression (but you can't really see it here) that the beltloops are made out of a finer woven denim on these. Anyone else noticed something similar?

Indigofan wrote something to that effect on his blog, saying that the belt loops and buckleback appeared to be from a less slubby denim than the rest of the jeans:

http://www.indigofan.com/indigofan/labels/Warehouse%20Duck%20Diggers%201920.html

I tried exmining my 1920's to see if the same was true, and I'm not 100% convinvced, although they do feel a bit smoother.

Additionally, you can also see that the 1900 and 1920 have a different patch from those 1930's you posted, CD. It's more inspired by the 1890 Levi's patch (which came before the two horse):

http://www.indigofan.com/indigofan/uploaded_images/DSC07674-710417.jpg

jubei...How did your DD shrink and stretch? I'm stuck between going with a 31 and a 32.

They shrink to tag size, but stretch out really fast to the raw size...

as for sizing, it sort of depends on what effect you're going for. These jeans are not really cut to be skintight, so even if you sized down a lot, it might end up looking funny. If you're between sizes, I would go with the smaller one, just so that the top block is more fitted, but I wouldn't do anything crazy like sizing down 2 from what you normally wear.

I actually sized up 2 on mine so that I could get that looser work wear fit (also, they didn't have 30s at BiG at the time and I wasn't patient enough for them to come in, go fig). Luckily the 1920's are cut a little slimmer than other repros, so I don't have a huge a balloon ass, nor do I look like I'm swimming in them. They're my comfy fit jeans :)

However, if I could do it again, I would've gotten my true size. Mizanation makes a good case for getting your true size, I've seen his in person and they fit great.

I'm also not 100% sure about mine, and had only noticed the beltloops, will the cinch later.

On his pics it looks as if it's different for sure.

Also, does he post on here?

Not sure, but I commented on that post and invited him to this thread :)

He has a fantastic blog...

They shrink to tag size, but stretch out really fast to the raw size...

as for sizing, it sort of depends on what effect you're going for. These jeans are not really cut to be skintight, so even if you sized down a lot, it might end up looking funny. If you're between sizes, I would go with the smaller one, just so that the top block is more fitted, but I wouldn't do anything crazy like sizing down 2 from what you normally wear.

I actually sized up 2 on mine so that I could get that looser work wear fit (also, they didn't have 30s at BiG at the time and I wasn't patient enough for them to come in, go fig). Luckily the 1920's are cut a little slimmer than other repros, so I don't have a huge a balloon ass, nor do I look like I'm swimming in them. They're my comfy fit jeans :)

However, if I could do it again, I would've gotten my true size. Mizanation makes a good case for getting your true size, I've seen his in person and they fit great.

So, if I am a 34 in skinny jeans like PBJ-005, I should have a good fit in size 34 1920's as well, basically?

-Jake

My true size is 31.5. So i could go either way.

The confusion with the shrinkage is that i have heard that it's best to size UP while some people say it's ok to go true to size.

RingRing told me to get a 33 to accomodate shrinkage, for example. But then Miz went true to size or size down one and turn out OK.

The theres stretching, i have heard that they barely don't stretch but you say that they stretch a ton.

^i read somewhere the 1900 and 20s patch is more a spinoff of the strongholds?

It's more like the 1930-50 patch is similar to Strongholds.

Here's a pic from Paul T's LVC encyclopedia to show what I'm talking about with the early Levi's patch. It's a little faded, but you get the idea:

501oldlabel.jpg

So, if I am a 34 in skinny jeans like PBJ-005, I should have a good fit in size 34 1920's as well, basically?

-Jake

That's correct. Miz actually commented earlier in the thread that his PBJ-005's have almost the same rise as his 1920's... be warned that the legs are much wider on the 1920's, being that they are more in the spirit of frontier workwear.

Those two jeans (PBJ-005 and the DD1920) are actually quite complementary to each other... both slubby and dark, but completely different cuts with a more modern low rise

Looking through the first page of the Stronghold thread I came across this post, wich quotes Paul's book.

This is what Paul T's book has to say:

"Stronghold brand jeans, which boa a strong resemblance to Levi's, were produces by Brownstein, Newmark and Louis in Los Angeles from the early 1900s."

And now another look at my 30's patch.

Brownduck, Newmark & Digger much?

1381943237_efea07d252_o.jpg