Warehouse Duckdiggers

mizanation

I was just at Best Buy a half hour ago, and I walked by a dude wearing Duckdiggers. They were definitely Duckdiggers. I stopped him and I said "Nice jeans dude," and he said, "Yea I know," and I said, "Duckdiggers, eh?" And he said, "No they're from Europe."

Wtf? A guy spends a shitload on jeans that would not at all appeal to Eurotrash assholes, and he doesn't even know what they're called?

They were *definitely* Duckdiggers. He had them cuffed up and were showing the selvage, and the denim on those is unmistakable.

I was just at Best Buy a half hour ago, and I walked by a dude wearing Duckdiggers. They were definitely Duckdiggers. I stopped him and I said "Nice jeans dude," and he said, "Yea I know," and I said, "Duckdiggers, eh?" And he said, "No they're from Europe."

Wtf? A guy spends a shitload on jeans that would not at all appeal to Eurotrash assholes, and he doesn't even know what they're called?

They were *definitely* Duckdiggers. He had them cuffed up and were showing the selvage, and the denim on those is unmistakable.

maybe he wanted to keep the identity of them secret, thinking he was in the know and you werent...

yeah, many times people spend a lot of money on stuff without knowing what they are buying. i was in an elevator at work (investment bank) and some guy had shell cordovan cap toes. i said, "nice shell cordovans" and he had no clue what i was talking about. he just knew they were expensive and they were johnston and murphy's. which would make sense since they are one of the few makers of premium shell cordos in the u.s....

about the guy with the diggers, why would he say they are from europe when they are from japan? the only thing close to looking like a duckdigger is double RL ralph lauren, since they have similar back pocket embroidery.

Can someone explain those suspender buttons, do they sit out enough to make your t shirts snag on them making you look silly and hence forcing you to tuck your shirt in?

the washed pair I tried on at BiG had suspender buttons that were extremely thin (not like the donut buttons that LVC uses in their repros) so I don't think you'd have to worry at all about your shirt snagging on them.

I'm thinking of picking up the 1930, which has the most hardware out of all the models, plus belt loops :P

They were definitely, without a doubt, 100% certainly duckdiggers. They had the cinch and everything. Also, you can see the texture of the denim from like a mile away.

I wouldn't necessarily expect someone to know what type of leather his shoes are made of, though it certainly would make sense to, but I just can't fathom not even knowing the brand name of your own jeans. Maybe he misunderstood me or something.

I dont know of Europe's stockists, but I think maybe Selfridges, Grandism or Colette.

He sounds like a jerk. Who says "Yeah, I know" to a compliment?

Maybe he met masuerte:

yes, I dream of the day someone will hail me as a stylishly lusted-after mofo by a heterosexual girl.

^^ see that? I responded to what I thought was a compliment by djflame with "yes I know" told you I was bad with compliments.

Thanks djflame.

Perhaps they were Evisu Paris?

I also want to know a bit more about Duck Diggers..

are they just an "inspired by" model, or are they based on a historical pair of Levis / Lee etc? Curious to know why the Warehouse models also include "black specks of thread interwoven with the blue" and, again, is this some sort of historical thing specific to Duck Diggers....?

From what I've read (which is mostly random snippets of katakana on Rakuten adn the Warehouse page), they're more inspired by Boss of the Road models than Levi's or Lee's.

A lot of the details on the jeans, however, seem to be Warehouse original (i.e. backpocket stitching, pocket shape). The cuts are also quite interesting... not your standard worn on natural waist, saggy ass fit of most vintage repros. As my gf pointed out, they're a lot more inspired by clothing from the late 1800's and early 1900's as far as styling and fit goes.

• 3 weeks later...
warehouse did a boss of the road straight up repro last year i think, limited edition. i saw them at the osaka store.

is it this?

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/index.php?page=item&ic=848

dont know anything about boss of the road, so i am just going off of the description.

I can thing of at least one other place that would have been better, but since you asked I'll take a shot.

I don't know.

BIG has them in stock and you can return so order a 32 and see what happens. I was on a week long drunk and ended up buying a pair of RRDS and they're a 36, my 1000XXs are a 38. I found a Costco coupon so I decided to extend the drunk for another week. This had me wearing the RRDSs for a few days. They stretched out more in a few days than the 1000XXs did in a few months.