supercareer

chagoo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fade to Black

I'm a 4th year student at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor (go blue!) majoring in cultural anthropology. I'm not even going into academics, I guess I chose this major because i like reading and writing stuff about societies and such...but it's a liberal arts major I can do anything with it if i market myself correctly.

I'm thinkin of going into advertising/marketing (preferably within fashion or consumer goods, luxury brands)...i like the idea of working with brand imaging development. Might get an MBA a few years down the line, fuck I don't know but one thing for sure is once i get outta here i'm stayin the fuck outta school for a while....

familyman r u fucking serious? your a stay at home dad? wtf? Hang out with some kids, surf superfuture all day, smoke bowls here & there. WTF? Either you look like a CK model, or your wife must not look that good. Would you say your wife is atractive? how the hell did you hook up with a chick like that? U must have been friends from school or something.

Where can i find these girls?

So what do geologist women like to do?

^^ Of course his wife is attractive to him jerk.......what the hell kind of question is that?

u know i suspected there would be some rich ass bankers here and i was right

i'm also a banker, but a poor one cus i'm just a lowly analyst working in a developing country ('emerging markets' lol) so my salary is like 1/5 the analysts working in wallstreet/city

but cost of living is low enough so i can afford some denims, yeah.

Awesome. What country are you working in if you don't mind my asking? Somewhere in S. America? China? Malaysia?

familyman r u fucking serious? your a stay at home dad? wtf? Hang out with some kids, surf superfuture all day, smoke bowls here & there. WTF? Either you look like a CK model, or your wife must not look that good. Would you say your wife is atractive? how the hell did you hook up with a chick like that? U must have been friends from school or something.

Where can i find these girls?

So what do geologist women like to do?

Yup, it's just hanging out with some kids. :rolleyes:

If you've never full time parented kids from birth then it would be very hard to explain it to you. Don't smoke anything, gave that up before my first was born, part of doing this job well is being a better person (yes, that's very subjective) than I really am so that my kids will grow up better people than I really am. Do as I do even if the only reason I do it is because I want you to do it.

My wife is attractive and pulls down 6 figures. She thinks I look like a CK model.

We met in school. You can find them in school. Geologist women like to make babies. :D

- 4th year IT Management student @ryerson university (Toronto) for half the year

- IT guy at a bank for the other half of the year

- Freelance web graphics designer all year round

as of right now i ...

- work at the local salvation army

- last fall i went to trinity college in hartford and due to lack of focus i didn't do to well, so im going to some crappy local community college for the rest of this year and will be going back to trinity next fall most likely for studio arts with a focus in photography

Guys like me are becoming the new cool thing to have for career women. Trophy husbands. I sort of want to have 'Trophy Husband' put on a tee for when I take the kids to the mall to play. Life is good.

Contrary to popular belief, one can really get used to life without working as long as finances are in order. You just set small goals and targets to meet.

Like prepping for your kid's exams, going to movie or restaurant premiere, going to gym to beat your last record, going for the next Dior Homme season sale etc etc.

The only problem is when your peers lead high flying lives and careers and you wish you could be like them too. Then you feel you could do more with your life.

Moved to Bangkok about one year ago from DC and working as strategy/management consultant in global consulting firm for oil and gas and diversified industrial industries.

i'm glad to see you posting analyst. didn't know if that bloodless coup affected you.

i used to work at an ivy league university doing IT work in their admissions department. Quit last year and am back in college finishing up some pre-req's for an education in the health sciences.

Contrary to popular belief, one can really get used to life without working as long as finances are in order. You just set small goals and targets to meet.

Like prepping for your kid's exams, going to movie or restaurant premiere, going to gym to beat your last record, going for the next Dior Homme season sale etc etc.

The only problem is when your peers lead high flying lives and careers and you wish you could be like them too. Then you feel you could do more with your life.

this sounds awesome. i wish i could stay home with the kids. more power to you man.

i'm an artist and i own an art gallery in suburban chicago.

this sounds awesome. i wish i could stay home with the kids. more power to you man.

i'm an artist and i own an art gallery in suburban chicago.

Haha! You got it wrong. familyman is the stay home dad, not me.

I am just recounting my experience staying home without a job.

Contrary to what others think, there was always plenty to do, and many things were left undone.

I can never understand retirees who lament about boredom or people who asked me quizically what did I do during all this time. I have plenty to do.

How I wish I can lead a life like that again, as long as finances and other factors permit.

i'm glad to see you posting analyst. didn't know if that bloodless coup affected you.

i used to work at an ivy league university doing IT work in their admissions department. Quit last year and am back in college finishing up some pre-req's for an education in the health sciences.

Ha! I got a day off from work for the coup. Wish I could have gotten more.

Hey, just got back from Vietnam. Spent a couple days in Saigon with some friends. Good times to be had. When you coming back out to BKK/Saigon/Phnom Penh!?

Contrary to popular belief, one can really get used to life without working as long as finances are in order.

This is quite true, but you have to keep yourself busy or you end up getting fat watching soaps all day. At least that's what all the stay at home moms I deal with do. I've got plenty of stuff to keep me on my toes during the day. I'm actually looking forward to the day that the last of my kids starts pre-school for a few hours a day. Then I can start working on the house more or training for another half marathon or any of those other things that you think "Fuck, if I just had a free hour". With very little kids it's a different job, you can't hardly leave the room without a baby on your hip for almost all day. It's still a wonderful job.