china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

are those malls a-la sino centre in yau ma tei? or stores?

any idea on the retail?

yeh i talked to somebody about proxying that shit from nyc but he was charging me cost+12.5% proxy fee+paypal fee+shipping, so maybe it will end up the same if i just buy shit internationally anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

just picked up some supreme at lab in causeway bay, they had some older shit, some of the new season caps as well. the selection was meagre compared to what they had at the hideout in london but i wasn't prepared to pay 100 pounds for a t-shirt.

they had some common projects that i was eyeing up, but will look around more for them, any suggestions on places where to cop cp?

Guest umhaha84

it looks like i'll be in hongkong later this month for couple of days,

how's hongkong shopping these days, especially on SuFu approved brands, are they cheaper compared to US?

Just come back from HK. The guy at medium rare said new stuff should be dropping later this month I think. There's so much bad shit in the dept stores - looking at the names I.T carries, I was expecting great things, such a let down. As previously mentioned there's often 20% mark-ups at I.T and Lane Crawford...sole distributors

it looks like i'll be in hongkong later this month for couple of days,

how's hongkong shopping these days, especially on SuFu approved brands, are they cheaper compared to US?

shopping in hk is always gonna be good in terms of variety of choice but u gotta know where to look. place is decently expensive though, well not compared to london but i dunno about the US, if you're looking for streetwear then may aswell stick to the states but if you're looking for more high fashion shit then u are probably in the right place.

people say hk isn't what it used to be in terms of shopping, but i reckon its just cos of globalisation that the same shit is available everywhere else.

in the shitty, backwards european city i live in now (but not for much longer :)) it feels good to rock shit that u know nobody there can get their hands on lol. i place emphasis on snob value.

My favorite stores,

Joyce --> you can find most of the luxury designer brands here ( a must to visit)

I.T --> a mix of European and Japanese brands.

Land Crawford --> a mix of European and Japanese brands.

Medium Rara --> Small selected shop, Japanese brand like Viridi Anne, Siva, Lad Musician...etc

If you have time, you may check out the Joyce Warehouse and Lane Crawford Warehouse.

My favorite stores,

Joyce --> you can find most of the luxury designer brands here ( a must to visit)

I.T --> a mix of European and Japanese brands.

Land Crawford --> a mix of European and Japanese brands.

Medium Rara --> Small selected shop, Japanese brand like Viridi Anne, Siva, Lad Musician...etc

If you have time, you may check out the Joyce Warehouse and Lane Crawford Warehouse.

How hard is the Joyce Warehouse to get to from Kowloon?

I'll be in HK Sept 2-6

Its a pretty long stretch getting to Ap Lei Chau, especially being your first time getting to Horizon Plaza (home of the Lane Crawford/Joyce/I.T warehouse outlets). Easiest way is always to taxi. If you don't want to pay the extra dough, find any bus close by that takes you to South Horizons and take the shuttle bus that goes directly to Horizon Plaza.

Cool, thanks for the quick responses. Do these places carry much in the way of large sizes? Might being 6'4" be to my advantage in shopping the warehouses, or am I gonna be shit-out-of-luck everywhere?

never been to the warehouses in AP LAI CHAU so can't really contribute anything on that part but being 6"4, thats giant status in hk standard,

might be hard looking for shoes.......

There is a decent selection at the warehouses in larger sizes so there probably is a few gems in the rough. All the good pieces had been picked through in regards to the smaller sizes when I was there, but I did see an abundance of larger sized items. The only place that I stayed longer than 10 minutes at was probably the Joyce warehouse.

random question - does anyone know if the sizing of Uniqlo in Hong Kong is the same as Japan? or same to America's uniqlo sizing?

Bought some stuff in uniqlo HK last time i was there and now looking to proxy some uniqlo in japan, but unsure if it should be the same sizes. I know US sizing is XS = S hong kong.

I gotta say, Hong Kong is pretty fucking cool.

Killer public transportation.

Amazing food.

I haven't found shit for clothing, besides the suit I'm having made here, but that doesn't really bother me.

All the high end stuff is priced way beyond US prices, with no sales going on, and the rest is kinda off.

I did the Bourdain Tour today and hit Bo Innovation for lunch (chef's tasting menu) and Under Bridge Spicy Crab. My god, was that crab extravaganza an experience.

I wish I wasn't leaving Sunday.

random question - does anyone know if the sizing of Uniqlo in Hong Kong is the same as Japan? or same to America's uniqlo sizing?

Bought some stuff in uniqlo HK last time i was there and now looking to proxy some uniqlo in japan, but unsure if it should be the same sizes. I know US sizing is XS = S hong kong.

yeh i wear a S in uniqlo bought from the UK but an L from uniqlo in HK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey il be heading to HK soon need some really good updates and input on the stores and good deals around HK

well, the thread seems rather outdated so lets hit it up

thanks in advance!

seconded. i'm taking 3 weeks of class there over winter break and arriving early to celebrate new years. what's it like over in hk for white devil's new years?

i haven't been to this thread for a while, looks like i didn't miss much but a recent bout of homesickness/nostalgia prompted me to revisit.

HK is pretty much like anywhere else for new years, shitty. Organise something with your mates and book ahead of time to ensure you'll get in, don't expect to have a good time just winging it in LKF or something (well, not until your wasted enough) cos its fucking crowded and even the shitty joints will charge you cover. the mtr/kcr run all night though.

i'm gutted i can't go back for the winter break this year, missed out last year as well :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ true. i was thinking of going to the philipines for christmas break but hong kong is alot cheaper, so it looks like im going to be headed there for christmas.

dont know anything about hong kong and i havent bought the ticket yet, but its pretty much set to do.