china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

i havent read up much on this. where is a good area to stay, and i want to spend next to nothing cause there are better things to spend money on than a room.

god i dont know why im having so much trouble doing research for this place

going to be in hong kong for most of feb, probs just going to do the whole IT, apc, joyce warehouse, lc, prolly end up with some hypebeasty/streetwear with my budget.

and maybe take5 if I really feel like another pair of jeans although im really hoping i don't.

so yarrr, did i miss any "must-sees?" +who be in HK for chineseNY?

HK is pretty much like anywhere else for new years, shitty. Organise something with your mates and book ahead of time to ensure you'll get in, don't expect to have a good time just winging it in LKF or something (well, not until your wasted enough) cos its fucking crowded and even the shitty joints will charge you cover. the mtr/kcr run all night though.

i'm gutted i can't go back for the winter break this year, missed out last year as well :(

so what would be the good places to get in for nye?

so what would be the good places to get in for nye?

it varies. I haven't spent NYE in HK since NYE '08, we all went to some place overlooking happy valley jockey club cos it had an open bar. Thing got ridiculous towards the end about 30 ppl to 1 member of barstaff.

The year before that, if i can remember correctly we spent it at the base of the IFC at some place called REDs, again another supposed open bar deal but when we went there the queue for each of the 3 bars (it was open air) was fucking 10 miles long. I found out afterwards the barstaff had a pay dispute with the management and everyone had quit before the party started therefore it was the few remaining staff left to tend the bar. The venue is fucking ill though, open air, huge. check it out they probably got some shit going down this NYE.

Other places you could check out, these are off the top of my head: beijing club, sugar (i dunno if its still called this), billion (haven't been but i hear good things/it may be impossible to get into), AZURE - basically full of all the people who arent connected/wealthy enough to get into dragon-i, still a nice venue tho), dragon-i (i'm pretty sure u could pay ur way in/will have some ridiculous girls) prive (again hard to get into)...

I'm mad out of touch with HK now tho, was back a few wks ago and most of those spots i mentioned are still decent. so maybe someone who lives there could respond.

i know this might be considered a little lame for some of you guys but i really want to check out disneyland when i get there on the 25th, always a something wholesome on christmas day concept, but i dont want to go alone. so im proposing a meet up at disneyland h.k, at like 6 pm on the 25th.

i also want to hit up some bars and what not the next day, also not alone, but thats not christmas day so not so wholesome activities can happen then.

i tried all the rides etc in 6 hours, tiny ass disney they have in HK.

Full of peasant mainlanders too during the holiday season, highly not recommended.

Just go to LKF and go to dragon i and volar if you are a tourist, since ppl there speaks english.

If you wanna check out other places, make sure you have a local friend who brings you around.

As cheap as some of the luxury goods in HK, I personally dislike the SAs. They arent usually very friendly, and/or helpful and usually have AP.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to pay for an Original Fake from a seller who says he bought it in Mong Kok, is there really stores selling real OF there? hERE's what he said:

We have stores in Mong Kok Square B1 Floor, HK and Fashion trend Tower 2F, Bejing Road, Guangzhou.

Heres the link to the tee:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300383507964

a lot of the resellers are based out of yau ma tei and mong kok. they normally have small stores in shitty commercial buildings. everything i've bought from them has been legit (in person) but then i've never bought shit over the net from resellers.

i can't tell you if this guy is legit but theres tons of them around these parts so it could very well be real.

try out:

www.conceptshop.com.hk

I'm about to pay for an Original Fake from a seller who says he bought it in Mong Kok, is there really stores selling real OF there? hERE's what he said:

We have stores in Mong Kok Square B1 Floor, HK and Fashion trend Tower 2F, Bejing Road, Guangzhou.

Heres the link to the tee:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300383507964

I'm leaving for HK tomorrow, and I know nuts about that place...

I'll be staying at Holiday Inn hotel, which is at Causeway bay I think? Where should I shop for designer boutiques like Dior Homme, Hermes, and prolly some local brands as well and how should I travel from my hotel? The train and bus looks very complicating to me...

And is South Horizons far from Causeway bay? Thinking of grabbing some Prada stuff from the warehouse there... Heard the pricing is kinda cheap.

Thanks for advance for answer my queries, eh.

I'm leaving for HK tomorrow, and I know nuts about that place...

I'll be staying at Holiday Inn hotel, which is at Causeway bay I think? Where should I shop for designer boutiques like Dior Homme, Hermes, and prolly some local brands as well and how should I travel from my hotel? The train and bus looks very complicating to me...

And is South Horizons far from Causeway bay? Thinking of grabbing some Prada stuff from the warehouse there... Heard the pricing is kinda cheap.

Thanks for advance for answer my queries, eh.

hang around in Central, most luxury boutiques are there.

the MTR is beyond easy, like singapore's MRT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
does anyone know if hong kong has vapors for cheap like a volcano or something similar that will still do the job?

Zoom in TST, i havent been there for a while, but they seem to have less and less smoking shit every time i drop by. Its pretty pricey though, a pack of skins is like 20 HKD.