Superfuture Running Club

jackg

Any aussies around im going to be doin this with a bunch of friends.

http://www.mountainsports.com.au/glow-worm-trail-marathon/

and some race reports of it.

http://runmrd.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/glow-worm-trail-marathon-tale-of-two.html

http://www.shonastephenson.com/2012/06/glow-worm-tunnel-marathon-it-sounds-so.html

I was planning the full but reading those i think ill just do the half, im not really ready and it sounds intense if its taking great runners 4 hours id be looking at 6 easy.

If any of u guys are keen you could camp with us no worries.

Did the two bays trail run today, which was super tasty. great amount of hills, both up and down and some nice technical single track stuff.

I have been really enjoying running on trails of late, much more enjoyable than pounding the pavement.

Oh also i took some nice photos but due to "exposure" to the elements my phone is currently in rice, I am hoping (doubtfully) for a full recovery. haha

Edited by jackg

I have been slowly moving my shorter runs (>10km) into barefoot runs and my legs and body are feeling great. Considering the move towards minimal shoes more generally....anyone else have experience in this? or recommendations?

I have done a fair amount of reading and the general consensus seems positive if you make the move super slowly?

Just copped this for my iPhone 5 http://www.tunebelt.com/ab87, as Nike aren't doing a forearm sleeve anytime soon and Tunebelt appears to have the most favourable reviews on Amazon.

Does the job nicely, bonus is you can still use the touchscreen under the protective cover. However, I wouldn't wear it in a heavy downpour (would probably put it in my lightweight jacket pocket for that situation). Oh and it's Made in Taiwan and not China.

I have been slowly moving my shorter runs (>10km) into barefoot runs and my legs and body are feeling great. Considering the move towards minimal shoes more generally....anyone else have experience in this? or recommendations?

I have done a fair amount of reading and the general consensus seems positive if you make the move super slowly?

i made the switch to forefoot striking like 6-7 years ago and never looked back. there weren't any shoes made for that kind of style back then so i just did it using normal shoes, but i've been using minimal stuff for the last couple years. i have newtons but brooks makes some good minimal shoes that can work for long distances as well. i think my calves were a little sore initially, o i'd say just ease into it with short runs and just listen to your body and extend the mileage as you get used to it.

Edited by Rob060

That Boston thing today was completely fucked up. Fortunately, all of my friends running it were fine, but I can't even imagine why someone would senselessly attack such a pure celebration of humanity's enduring spirit. It's not like targeting the Boston Marathon targets only the US - it is an absolutely international event with participants from nearly 100 countries, typically including champions from impoverished nations. I wore my Boston jacket tonight when I went running and I'm going to keep wearing Boston gear every chance I get in order to honor this great event.

^ was thinking the same thing!

can we set up a paypal account to add to or something??? or maybe get people to pledge money (maybe a dollar per km for the month of April or something like that!)

Edited by jackg

Run on my new free trails for the past few days. I switched to forefoot a few years back but you feel it even more with more minimal shoes. I have been using fairly traditional running shoes up until now, and I will still be using these for my longer distance runs. However, while I am still building back up to distance I am thoroughly enjoying the free trails. The sock-like fit of them is solid, and my stride feels comfortable. Want to go for an actual trail run in them and see how they do! Might run Wallace Falls up and then walk down or something. Getting out into the woods is a welcome break from suburbia, though I am luckier than many in that regard. Lots of vegetation and trails nearby.

Any members have a favorite run in their area? When I was at Gonzaga I absolutely loved running the Centennial Trail through downtown, across the bridge in front of Spokane falls, and then back to campus on early weekend mornings.

I'm trying to run everyday but I'm having trouble staying motivated. Maybe I need to find a new route.

Use this for motivation:

Potentially the best run of all time?

Galen Rupp, the American who got the silver in the 10,000 in London, is the fastest in the world for 2013 for 3000 meters so far, and he ran a full 10 seconds off what Komen did.

finally broke my endomondo virginity this morning....main reasons were to try and run off soreness from yesterday morning's crossfit session and also wasn't happy with my 2km time trial timeshe sprang on us in the middle of yesterdays workout so want to improve massively for the next one due in a month or so.....feels good man

also planning on running the annual 12km City to Bay fun run in September, last time I ran this was in '87 as a 15 year old, lol

aim is to crack an hour

I've been more spoiled by the weather than I thought. Tried to run in the sun after having had cool days and overcast skies and it felt absolutely awful.

fuck it. just registered for the brooklyn half marathon. bum knee and all. Going to get Acupuncture done Monday.

I'll finish TOP 10 guaranteed!!!!

Bad Bitches sit in the front (orange flyknits)

cfde1d40ad6c11e28a3222000a9f17b2_7.jpg

Edited by TruMoo