Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

Closing weekend at my ski resort was last weekend.  I don't have any shots of me this year, but here's the best one I took:

14248236726_172387e97a_b.jpg

My evening yesterday:

14143390017_d288bbb253_b.jpg

14329901625_5faca9d744_b.jpg

Yeah, it gets up to 11000' above sea level at Snowbird, so the resort gets an average of 500+" of snow per year.  It's cooler at high altitude, but it's still been getting into the 60s F for awhile up there (we've hit 90 or 91 in Salt Lake recently).  That said, it had so much snow stockpiled, that it takes months to melt out.  A few years ago, I got to ski in July, so this year was actually pretty disappointing. :P

HC-SF-103 Samuari S5000vx 25oz 15th anniv.

Quick update at 9.5 months. Spent the Friday at a one day festival in Stockholm including Metallica, Slayer and Danzig. Freezing cold and long queues to the beers but good music J

62cbb4f8-5114-4798-b58d-4f628ac7daa8_zps

Heading out to Stockholm June 18th-23rd, PM me if any of you guys are down for a meetup!

I'm planning on checking out (off the top of my head)

- Unionville

- Denim Demon

- Grandpa

Edited by Chubacca

Cool, I wont be in Stockholm at that time though.
I don't think Denim Demon has any store anymore, we have an awesome brand called Indigofera too but they don't have their own store either.

Don't forget Sivletto just round the corner connected to Unionville.

I missed some cool updates, my computer's power supply shorted out somehow and I just now got one put back in.

Finally doing some repairs today.  I'd been talking about it forever, but didn't find it necessary until my right back pocket lost so much thread that my cell phone fell out the bottom of the pocket last night.  My girlfriend is extremely handy with sewing stuff (often makes her own clothing), so she's helping me with these at the moment.  She's helping me repair 2 holes on the right back pocket, 1 hole on the left back pocket, pre-emptively patching the crotch, fixing tiny holes under the pockets from the pocket corners, and restitching a lot of blown threads.  Here's what we've done for the right pocket so far:

14166869358_bccbf7fd91_b.jpg

(Pocket really coming off... also shows how much indigo I've lost)

14352641104_21f3b6aac4_b.jpg

(Really well patched)

14166889038_40e0fe4ac3_b.jpg

(2nd pocket patch, about to be stitched on, lined up with the arcs to avoid creating more stitch lines)

Will have more later!

Oh, and we couldn't find any denim thick enough to really be durable, so we just bought 1/4 yard of 10 oz and are just doubling all the patches. Hah.

Edited by cander49

Mine are getting to be quite tight too, I started working out and now my thigh area is showing me more affection than i care for.

• 2 weeks later...

In fact just one 40 degree wash since...I guess february or march? I have worn them just on the weekends lately. But in total they have seen (I'm estimating) 4-5 machine washes and the same amount of handwashes and soaks.

Edit: ok, I suck at gifs. That's the rough journey with some missing months inbetween. First pics are before hemming.

9m2vm.gif

Edited by Max Power