superconfessional

Girls confessional:

Have a semi-girlfriend in one girl that I'm seeing, but I don't like her that much, the sex isn't great, and I think I'd rather just be friends or not know her, but a combination of laziness/fear has me where I can't stop seeing her yet, this is a recurring problem for me as everything ends with a girl in tears for me because I drag shit out like this like a shithead.

Lied to aforementioned girl about being busy for a few days so I could date another girl today at 5 and test out the waters with, who I'm a bit excited about but don't expect much from.

Lied to aforementioned date at 5 about being busy late at night and pushing date up early to 5pm so I could have time time tonight to see the stewardess girl I've been seeing for a few weeks now but known for 4 years, whom I'm truly interested in, but at the same time am afraid that it's both going to ruin our 4 year friendship and maybe cause a strain on all the other friendships I have together with this girl, and also that it's a shallow infatuation that may not be worth all the tears it's gonna bring, but I'm probably gonna end up doing it anyway.

Money confessional:

I'm making roughly $6-8K a month depending on my work load, but in the past year have not added anything to my savings. I'm turning 25 this year and was hoping previously that I'd get around to building up some real financial foundations but my money hasn't really matured any for a couple years now. I'm literally spending $6K a month on booze and fun, girls, and extravagantly priced everything and can't bring myself to tone it down.

Lastly, a year or two ago I went to the funeral of the guy I sat next to in 7th grade Life Science. He was a good guy but we were never really friends, and later on he made good friends with all my old buddies who I became kind of estranged from, expecially when we got to college so he was even more distant. By the time we were 22 I had a completely different set of friends and this guy was just a memory from 10 years before, but I still felt compelled to go to his funeral. In the end, I went out drinking with all my old middle school and high school friends who'd shown up for this thing, got pretty railed and woke up late, missed the visitation because I was off alone washing and waxing my BMW after the long drive home, and was 20 minutes late to the burial because by the time I got out of the car wash, I went to the funeral home and just missed the procession so I had to wait to get in the end of line. Saw the last bits of the burial unaffected and then went home straight afterward to play with my girlfriend.

I probably ought to go visit a counselor, but it's much cheaper this way.

confession... I hate you so much right now dismal...

I somehow wish I could be living your life... Right now I'm making 3k a month and saving up about 2k of it...

WTF MAN save some now or else I'll be making fun of you when I retire.

^^maaaaaan that's a pretty heavy confession (both of them).

I don't know much about money or funerals, but re the girls (I don't know too much about them either - still learning...), you gotta play it straight dude. No one likes to be fucked around. Relationships are hard enough as it is. Figure out what you want (sounds like the stewardess...) and go for it (with your whole heart - lame as that sounds). And don't leave the other girls hanging. Feelings suck, huh.

Best of luck with it!

yeah, dont drag the women on, because one might not cry, one might get pissed, like I would, VERY PISSED, that you played with her emotions and such. And we all know, while crazy bitches are king in the bedroom, they do try to burn your jeans.

Well, update to the girl situation is that I'm back in and the 5pm date was a disappointment so that girl is pretty much out. We went out for a bit and we ended up having dinner and I ordered this massive 14+oz Wagyu filet done as rare as could be and it ranks up there now as one of the best steaks I've eaten recently, so it wasn't a total bust.

Stewardess girl I didn't get to see today as her flights got delayed by rain and she's off for a couple long trips to SF and CHI from TYO so I won't be seeing her anytime soon now and I have some time to rethink all of this.

Pseudo-gf might actually get sick of me before I get sick of her, which you should probably be able to tell, is more than possible, haha... She's not a bad a girl and I find her charming at times so if at the end of all of this she's the one still around, there's probably some hope left...

I've had the gf where everything seemed perfect and everything was just naturally 100% there and I started believing I could truly be in love, but that suddenly ended in tears in a bad-luck situation, and since then I haven't found anyone close to her, so I'm a bit conflicted as of late as I'm lonely and meeting girls for fleeting periods of fun can often make me lonelier so I'm trying to see if I don't just discover that I have the potential for attachment via time spent and see if it can't work that way too... Living in a city of 10 million where I can count the number of people I know on my hands and where I can barely speak the language drives this home even more....

Masuerte, if you're banking 2/3rds of your paychecks, that's pretty amazing dude. Do you live alone? I was pretty serious about my money up until recently and then some personal life events had me acting like a kid all over again, so lately I haven't been able to see any progress with my money. I just feel like I've wasted a year now because I haven't done any saving for that long and I don't have a lot to show for it besides some nice clothes, etc. 'Pissing away money' takes on a whole new meaning when you drink as much as I do....

yeah, dont drag the women on, because one might not cry, one might get pissed, like I would, VERY PISSED, that you played with her emotions and such. And we all know, while crazy bitches are king in the bedroom, they do try to burn your jeans.

and scar you above your eyebrow?

thats very true but right now i am feeling nothin but failure

relationships and girls are def. one of the hardest thing to master

^^maaaaaan that's a pretty heavy confession (both of them).

I don't know much about money or funerals, but re the girls (I don't know too much about them either - still learning...), you gotta play it straight dude. No one likes to be fucked around. Relationships are hard enough as it is. Figure out what you want (sounds like the stewardess...) and go for it (with your whole heart - lame as that sounds). And don't leave the other girls hanging. Feelings suck, huh.

Best of luck with it!

sad, but true. why cant the regular girls be kings in the bedroom! i dont want some ruthless chick on my dick.

super confessional:

im in love with a girl who loves me back, but its the most difficult and stressful relationship i've ever had. shes got extremely low self esteem and sometimes she'll just go crazy it takes me hours to get her straight again.

i've tried boning other girls, but it just makes me think of her. kind of sad really. i think she has given me many grey hairs since i've known her.

last night i hooked up with someone different to try and ease my feelings with the lady. it did nothing for me, really. i feel pretty bad about it because the lady says to me, "i cant think of you with other girls its disgusting it makes me puke." i'm tellin ya, she's crazy. but i don't ever think i could go back to the normal girls i dated before, the ones who give you pity laughs and kiss your ass a lot and ask you what you're thinking all the time.

^^that's how it should be, hard. Well not hard, but it's work, a relationship that will stand the test of time is work. Every day it seems Erik and I have some new stress, or issue, but it's the pulling together and working through it that has made us a stronger couple. Because of the stuff we've dealt with, I know we'll still be together at 90+.

thats how it should be? the person you love stresses you out so you go bone someone else? wow i guess my super confession should be that ive never been unfaithful to anyone... what a geek

well, not in so many words. not to defend myself, but we're not "together" in the official sense. i think it was beneficial for me to try it out, and ultimately be dissatisfied by it. we've both seen other people while still seeing each other. it's an odd situation. i've kind of been living with a "no rules" sensibility recently.

thanks for the encouragement keri. at this point i'm a bit sick of thinking about it. she's going through one of these weird depression spells (which are understandable, she just started working full time at a really tough job with a really tough shift schedule). doesn't help that her mother is constantly spitting insults at her and making such a pretty girl feel fat and ugly.

^ I know what you and she are talking about, trust me, I have issues with a distorted body image, and Erik deals with that so well, and that's part of why I love him so much, he tells me the truth, but helps me see the good things too.

and yeah tg, I get your point, but if you've found enough in common with one person to love them, then I think it's worth it to tough out the hard times, they are the true test of a relationship. I wanna know that if something happens and I'm crippled, that he'll stay there, and take care of me, I want him to know that if some day he decides to pursue his immese talent in music, and quit his job, that I'll work twice as hard to make it happen for him.

To me love is so awesome with Erik, we understand each other so well, and although things can be stressful, especially living with the inlaws) no matter what I feel best when I'm with him. I know he will support and cherish me, as I do him. I want everyone to feel that and have that security in thier relationship, I grew up with my mother who never had that, she always was with the easy guy who left her alone, didn't bother her, she didn't bother him, but she's never had the kind of love I've had, and it breaks my heart to know it.

My confession: I tend to hold myself responsible for everything, even things that aren't my fault. not because I'm noble, not because I'm kind or loving, but because I like to be in charge.

DISMAL I wouldn't mind making 6 grand man...

What does dismal future do for work btw?

Maybe you need a hobby that doesn't involve any consumerism?

Saving 2/3 of my earning is good, but takes alot of sacrifices, like no gf and hardly any fun. I have my family though and a few friends that I see once and a while so that's not so bad. But saving up seriously involves almost being like a monk living in poverty (which is harder when one knows that there is money in the bank... temptiing to spend). Also similar to living like a monk in the respect that I can never get involved with girls (nor will I attract any with my restrictive lifestyle) and such. And all this is even more infuriating by the fact that I have a crappy career because I don't know what Masters program or something I should to go back to school for. I'm very jealous of your life seriously and would love to live the life you live man... I feel kinda like I'm missing out on the cool frantic bachelor lifestyle you describe.

Haha, my job isn't exactly the kind you'd probably thought of, but I am a schoolteacher, private middle school to be exact. The money is ok, and I supplement my work with other work in the same vein. I'm working on some books at the moment which I hope will end up making me money so I can cut my work load down. I am spending 200 hrs or more a month working so I am hoping I can cut some of that out without losing too much income.

I got out of college last year and I was at this crossroads in my life where I had previously done the corporate cubicle monkey job in the past and hated it, I spent a half year ill and bounced back from that with some serious drive to catch up on my partying, and I wanted to do something fun for a living, so I decided to take up teaching. So far it is even more fun than I had expected, though I am not sure if this is to be a career for me. I have hardly anyone to answer to above me, I feel like an entertainer all day, and to trade worn-out middle aged people in a daggy office who bitch about their lives constantly for a classroom full of kids who rarely have too many problems is probably the best part. My father did the same thing when he was my age and my mother is a high school teacher now back in the States, so they're also pleased that I'm doing this now, so it's working out pretty well for me as far as work goes...

I'm kinda contemplating spending a little more time doing this and then going back to school too, but hopefully neither in Asia or America.

Regarding the money, this might sound like a really bizarre concept but I'm kind of hoping I find myself a girlfriend I can settle on, although I'd spend money still, I'd probably spend a lot less than on one, rather than on trying to juggle girls I don't really like that much and spending lots of nights out with the boys where I wake up with bad hangovers and $200 poorer. That and hopefully I can get a woman who has a lot more financial sense than I do and can help me focus my money a bit better.....

make sure you don't mistake that girl for someone who will rob you blind of money and emotion lol!

But man good idea. Currently I'm in the same position of being in a dreary office job except I'm in a lab setting. I'm so giong to teach now. I remember teaching science to kids in the mountains for a few months and it was a KICK but I was semi-poor! All I need is like 1 or so years more to get my licence... neat man thanks for showing me that I can make some money doing that.

And you could have some time to continue education too because of all those vacations. MAN YOU HAVE TOTALLY INSPIRED ME DUDE.

Oh and about finding a girl, maybe you really should try getting a hobby that doesn't involve consumerism and showing off the party/money. You'll find awesome people (girls/women!) doing more meaningful things yo. I know it sounds hokey, but trying to find yourself first might be a better focus than trying to use a girl as a patch job on your life.