superconfessional

so im supposed to talk with my dir of mfg sometime soon about the crazy idea of relocating to hk. not sure how i feel about leaving sf yet... this city is awesome as hell right now and i feel like i will miss out. i know it'll only be for a year or two, but damn do i enjoy myself here right now. thoughts?

Edited by Fycus

they have a f.i.l. visim shop in hk, right?  but they charge rape prices i think.

Yeah the prices are ridiculous, more than US or on the same level from what I've seen.  

If they help with the living expenses why the hell not?

They probably would pay relocation or something and maybe cover difference in rent, but considering the rent I pay in SF it would be around the same. I'm mostly hesitant of leaving something that I enjoy greatly and ending up super lonely and regretful of my decision. I know it can't be a better decision professionally and for my maturity, but its still tough. Also spending most of my working week in mainland china will grow old so fast, even two weeks there wears me down. I spent enough time in HK to know I can meet some cute beezies (met some cute chick from aus last time) but it is mostly a transient city for foreigners which sucks.

Does anybody on here live in HK?

Edited by Fycus

Does anybody on here live in HK?

If your company compensates your rent you can live really well.

hk is fun, and even more fun if you have the $$$. good food, plenty of stuff to do and some nice (small) neighborhoods. Mainland china can be fun too. If you are going to be there doing business the mainlanders will treat you well w/r/t food. 

hk people can be super weird though, and the weather gets horrible in the summer. also clothing prices are crazy.

u can party in macau tho

macau is a shithole Ive already been. It's cool if you gamble and smoke, but outside of that its pretty passable. I would be curious to know where APC manufactures their denim in Macau, its pretty darn small.

macau is a shithole Ive already been. It's cool if you gamble and smoke, but outside of that its pretty passable. I would be curious to know where APC manufactures their denim in Macau, its pretty darn small.

the times i've been there were awesome.  girls are hot commodity

I know it can't be a better decision professionally and for my maturity, but its still tough.

CAN'T be or CAN be?  off reading the sentence, I'm assuming can be.  if it's a year or less, i'd say you might regret not doing it.