superconfessional

of course not. that would imply he's able to consider someone other than himself and how others are perceiving him.

I think she saw the side of my smile..

gettoasty, you the youngest sibling/only child of your family?

you should take comfort in the fact that it is very likely that neither of these women have any recollection of their interaction with you whatsoever.

if you insist on passively playing the victim and having a pity party for yourself, why bother posting this whiney bullshit?

A while back I told everyone my ass exploded and that I had a stomach bug to have an excuse to not do anything social for a week, because there aint a single person alive who would question that. Dignity took a hit but goddamn if I didn't get to play a lot of video games with minimal disturbing calls. 

missed out on some cool events i wanted to go to though, but if you're lying about pooping like a shotgun you got to commit

when i was younger i used to skate and always bring this shitty old camcorder along with me to film because i wanted to be a cinematographer. but for some reason, deep down i thought that was the dumbest idea ever because id never be able to achieve it.

but for some reason now, i just want to fuckin do it. university has come and gone, im working and shit but i cant shake wanting to chase that damn dream.

im gunna do it; or atleast try.

A while back I told everyone my ass exploded and that I had a stomach bug to have an excuse to not do anything social for a week, because there aint a single person alive who would question that. Dignity took a hit but goddamn if I didn't get to play a lot of video games with minimal disturbing calls. 

missed out on some cool events i wanted to go to though, but if you're lying about pooping like a shotgun you got to commit

mods please rename to sunshitter

Thinking about asking a girl out I think is really cool, but don't know super well on a semi-whim.

Not sure if it's a bad idea and if it'll fuck my chances of getting her to know her better or if I should just do it.

My post history is pretty revealing, but nonetheless:

I graduated last month from one of the best programs in the world for my field last month and I'm still looking for a job. By the end of the summer, something like 85% of people are full-time employed and only 6% or so (depends on the year) are still looking. It's incredibly frustrating and disheartening. My employer last summer didn't give any interns return offers, and none of the bigger banks recruited on-campus this fall. That's a bitch as an international student, because smaller firms are way more hesitant to sponsor a work visa - all else equal between a domestic and international candidate and it's thousands of extra dollars and uncertainty. Looking at "People You May Know" on LinkedIn is a disappointing flurry of "THAT guy is working at Google?!", like oh man it's painful, and I know it doesn't do me any good and I should be forward looking, but christ. I have a decent GPA, work experience, meh but passable extracurriculars, have had people look over my resume...even the head lady of career services was kind of surprised.

Sometimes I feel like I wasn't prepared for this game at all. The Asians go back to Asia and the Europeans go to Europe and the school maintains recruiting links and huge alumni networks. There aren't that many alum to reach out to in Canada, and the small pool of Canadians here are a combination of: well-connected, ultra-rich private schools, scary brilliant dual-engineer types. I am none of those...leaves me in an awkward position. I don't want to make excuses for myself, what's done is done and the world keeps spinning and I gotta find something, but needless to say this isn't how I envisioned things going, and it stings to think back to my optimism and all the potential! when I was a freshman. I'm still on-campus because I can't leave the country while I wait for temporary work authorization, and I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind from the stress of not having a job and less and less physical human interaction since all my friends are gone.

Worst part is I don't think I event want to do finance. I liked it academically but I hated my job last summer. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm actually passionate about and can throw myself into, which does me no favors as a recent grad... in an ideal world I'd take some time and figure it out but the longer I'm just unemployed the worse my prospects become and I'm going to have to start making payments on that student loan in a few months and then who knows how unemployment will affect grad/business school down the road if i want to pursue that or my future earnings etc etc etc etc it's 5:32am and these are the thoughts spiraling in my mind.

Edited by xerrox

I graduated last month from one of the best programs in the world for my field last month and I'm still looking for a job. So, it has only been a month plus? Relax and enjoy your summer break. Speak with as many family and friends now that you have graduated and let them know. Word gets passed around and you never know who will be looking out for you, and keeping you in mind. By the end of the summer, something like 85% of people are full-time employed and only 6% or so (depends on the year) are still looking. Perhaps worry less about the statistics and freaking yourself out and enjoy the summer a bit. You graduated! You deserve to relax. It's incredibly frustrating and disheartening. Don't be  too hard on yourself.  My employer last summer didn't give any interns return offers, and none of the bigger banks recruited on-campus this fall. That's a bitch as an international student, because smaller firms are way more hesitant to sponsor a work visa - all else equal between a domestic and international candidate and it's thousands of extra dollars and uncertainty. Perhaps look at firms that still have room to grow. Look at their employee #'s, their demographic/employee makeup etc. I work at a small firm that is sponsoring two international employees albeit the pay maybe less, not quite sure how it all works out in the end. Looking at "People You May Know" on LinkedIn is a disappointing flurry of "THAT guy is working at Google?!", like oh man it's painful, and I know it doesn't do me any good and I should be forward looking, but christ. STOP! STOP! Personally I would delete LinkedIn but during this time it maybe more valuable that you keep it open for recruiters. But stop looking up old classmates or people you knew as it can really burn you out emotionally. Delete Facebook as well or temporarily as it can be the same as LinkedIn. I have a decent GPA, work experience, meh but passable extracurriculars, have had people look over my resume...even the head lady of career services was kind of surprised. So, why isn't the lady helping you? Are you making it clear that you need the extra step or push?

Sometimes I feel like I wasn't prepared for this game at all. The Asians go back to Asia and the Europeans go to Europe and the school maintains recruiting links and huge alumni networks. There aren't that many alum to reach out to in Canada, and the small pool of Canadians here are a combination of: well-connected, ultra-rich private schools, scary brilliant dual-engineer types. I am none of those...leaves me in an awkward position. It is only as awkward as you make it. Have confidence knowing that you graduated from the same 'school of thought' as an icebreaker and intro and just reach out to alumni. This will be a skill you need to develop later on in your career by bridging your difference, whatever YOU may think there is and build a network/relation with like and external connections. I don't want to make excuses for myself, what's done is done and the world keeps spinning and I gotta find something, but needless to say this isn't how I envisioned things going, and it stings to think back to my optimism and all the potential! when I was a freshman. Things change, learn to embrace and re-position yourself. Another good thing to learn IMO for the longevity of your career.I'm still on-campus because I can't leave the country while I wait for temporary work authorization, and I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind from the stress of not having a job and less and less physical human interaction since all my friends are gone. Work out, take your mind off the stress and give yourself a breather. Lingering on it all day sitting in front of the computer venting will totally kill your motivation and self-esteem. Ride with the positives you have now and realize what you have gained so far, and 'run with the ball'. You got to be the point guard and create a play for yourself, and get an assist.

Worst part is I don't think I event want to do finance. I liked it academically but I hated my job last summer. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm actually passionate about and can throw myself into, which does me no favors as a recent grad... in an ideal world I'd take some time and figure it out but the longer I'm just unemployed the worse my prospects become and I'm going to have to start making payments on that student loan in a few months and then who knows how unemployment will affect grad/business school down the road if i want to pursue that or my future earnings etc etc etc etc it's 5:32am and these are the thoughts spiraling in my mind. Safe to say we have all been through this and you are not alone. Remember that. Find work in finance, think of the time as gaining experience. If you feel like all you have learned and contributed reached an end, move on. I was in this situation and turned out okay so far. Decent job. Decent hours. Finance related so relevant to my major. Just don't over think it, and when the time is right your gut will know.  In the meantime, figure what you have and go with it rather than pondering all day long about what is wrong. I hope you best of luck. 3:00 AM signing off. 

Edited by gettoasty

I graduated last month from one of the best programs in the world for my field last month and I'm still looking for a job. By the end of the summer, something like 85% of people are full-time employed and only 6% or so (depends on the year) are still looking. It's incredibly frustrating and disheartening. My employer last summer didn't give any interns return offers, and none of the bigger banks recruited on-campus this fall. That's a bitch as an international student, because smaller firms are way more hesitant to sponsor a work visa - all else equal between a domestic and international candidate and it's thousands of extra dollars and uncertainty. Looking at "People You May Know" on LinkedIn is a disappointing flurry of "THAT guy is working at Google?!", like oh man it's painful, and I know it doesn't do me any good and I should be forward looking, but christ. I have a decent GPA, work experience, meh but passable extracurriculars, have had people look over my resume...even the head lady of career services was kind of surprised.

Sometimes I feel like I wasn't prepared for this game at all. The Asians go back to Asia and the Europeans go to Europe and the school maintains recruiting links and huge alumni networks. There aren't that many alum to reach out to in Canada, and the small pool of Canadians here are a combination of: well-connected, ultra-rich private schools, scary brilliant dual-engineer types. I am none of those...leaves me in an awkward position. I don't want to make excuses for myself, what's done is done and the world keeps spinning and I gotta find something, but needless to say this isn't how I envisioned things going, and it stings to think back to my optimism and all the potential! when I was a freshman. I'm still on-campus because I can't leave the country while I wait for temporary work authorization, and I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind from the stress of not having a job and less and less physical human interaction since all my friends are gone.

Worst part is I don't think I event want to do finance. I liked it academically but I hated my job last summer. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm actually passionate about and can throw myself into, which does me no favors as a recent grad... in an ideal world I'd take some time and figure it out but the longer I'm just unemployed the worse my prospects become and I'm going to have to start making payments on that student loan in a few months and then who knows how unemployment will affect grad/business school down the road if i want to pursue that or my future earnings etc etc etc etc it's 5:32am and these are the thoughts spiraling in my mind.

Ok. Go kill yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab0E8duvuMs

Ok. Go kill yourself.

Yeah that's pretty much what I've decided on. But in all seriousness I know it's first world problem + wall of text and not exactly a sympathetic position, just felt cathartic to put it in writing.