superconfessional

I'm not 'there yet' like some of you, so I can't speak from experience, but it appears to me some people lose their head upon entering the work force because there is a lack of curriculum, a lack of a carrot on the stick if you will.

There is nothing there to drive self discipline so people become idle and reach out for arm length distractions like drinking & drugs. The cure for this is simple but not necessarily obvious - create your own goals, and bust your ass (because it needs busting) and your happiness will return.

there is something to drive self discipline - deadlines.

the hard part to deal with is the lack of a social life, the lack of change (routine is brutal!), and a whole new type of stress

i don't drink/party, so i can't relate totally but there is definitely a huge transition when you start working. i went from HS at 18 and worked basically full time doing shitty retail and sitting on my ass twiddling my thumbs (one of my big regrets) until i started university this year at 23. you just gotta be motivated and as mentioned, whether you like it or not eventually the daily grind becomes a routine schedule and the days just blur into each other. i still have a 1.5hr commute each way, but you just gotta try and look at the positives of it all...somehow. its all (supposedly) leading somewhere, whether its saving money, progressing in your 'career path' etc. i didn't really have any problems, apart spending all my money on dumb shit and trips to japan. there is the token 'make sure you love your work' but i think that is unrealistic for alot of people out there. unless you have loaded parents or something, its not gonna get easier - especially if and when a house, kids etc come into the picture. just gotta suck it up, work hard and hope/strive for the best...if that's what you want.

Drink, Fuck, Smoke, Work.

Just dont bitch.

I work more than 99% of people i know, and its still not enough to come close to what i want.

Do drugs at work if you want, if thats what you need to do, do what you need to do, its going to get you further than thinking about what other people want.

Also, fuck expectations, they will kill you and any chance you have for joy, take what you get, enjoy that as much as you can.

And yes, booze and drugs DO help, but only some of us, if its not for you give it a couple years, you will fall in line, or stay on edge and be miserable never knowing why.

Tipsy high 5am logic concept.

And yes, booze and drugs DO help, but only some of us, if its not for you give it a couple years, you will fall in line, or stay on edge and be miserable never knowing why.

i would disagree completely, and i did drink previously (although not for years now). not everyone has an interest in drinking/doing drugs or depends on them to get you through shit and to make you 'happy'. if you want to, cool, but just because you don't doesn't mean you're miserable. that's totally naive. not everyone falls in line like a sheep either...

pretty much tats the way I look at it as well. Ups and downs in life, you 'll eventually go over it. My last year of post secondary required me to take public transportation 3 hrs each day 5 days a week for 8 months, I hate it at first but then learned to enjoy it when I see people going crazy in busy traffic. Doing drugs at work was heaven and only try it if your supervisor is one of your best buddies.

Drink, Fuck, Smoke, Work.

Just dont bitch.

I work more than 99% of people i know, and its still not enough to come close to what i want.

Do drugs at work if you want, if thats what you need to do, do what you need to do, its going to get you further than thinking about what other people want.

Also, fuck expectations, they will kill you and any chance you have for joy, take what you get, enjoy that as much as you can.

Tipsy high 5am logic concept.

@conqueror

You are right, drugs/booze are not for everyone, but they are a maintenance, and do help in a self medication type way... people get that same fix all the time from all sorts of shit, clothing, toys, sex, movies... its just a matter of self destruction levels, and how you vent. We all have vice, it just depends on if its illegal or not.

Having said that, i do believe most people could use a drink, line, toke, or two, and it wont do em much harm... even just to show em they dont need it.

just wanna say about fuckin off for a period of time. i was working for about 1.5 yrs after college... freaked out cause i hated my job... went travelling for about 4 months around the world.... best time of my life... highly highly recommend it.

wish i could do it again.

on another note. i havent been on sufu in ages. iwanted to write a post about how im pissed at myself for dropping tons of cash at bars/clubs but now im kinda over it. thats the life you lead when your chasing pussy on saturday nights...

ah well just gotta work on that self control

had a true blue american birthday party BBQ yesterday, I had like 8 beers, 4 different animals, gallon of guac, carne asada, cake, ice cream.. fuck yea. Now i'm drinking coffee and mentally preparing for the shit to come.

anyone do the prairie oyster thing? i went partying like crazy this past weekend with some friends and they were hung over, one of them took a prairie oyster shot (cuz spike spiegel does it, super nerdy)

cb082c03.jpg

pretty much what it is :X gross. i don't even think it works

I could see this working on an anecdotal level. Vinegar settles the stomach, tabasco and pepper maybe speed up metabolism (sweat/piss/shit out impurities) vodka will numb some pain, and a-1 has salt to keep fluids in.

I was looking outside my window cos it's monsooning outside, and get a flash of white light up in my face and see lightning hit the field a block away. instant thunder soundin like a bomb went off right by my ear. startled the fuck out of me (0)

I was looking outside my window cos it's monsooning outside, and get a flash of white light up in my face and see lightning hit the field a block away. instant thunder soundin like a bomb went off right by my ear. startled the fuck out of me (0)

sup gatefold i was camping this weekend out in menominee territory and a big storm passed through

for a godly few minutes the tent was whipping around like a flag, rain thick as sea spray, lightning popping off every few seconds

it was like some wagner status shit i mean goddamn

woke up the next morning under a blazing hot sun, most of the rain had already evaporated by 9am

yo for real sometimes i worry about you dude

I dont like my friends pets and i never want one.

I have ate to many drugs, and drank too much booze this summer and i only want to slow down a little bit.

i used to think if i had several grand saved up then i would be worry free. Its not the case. i dont think it would make a difference if it was 20k.

I am convinced that people that live in a big city have way to much stimulation. we are jaded in every respect. nothing is surprising. everyone is flaky or wants something. i miss the people from Iowa who were down to kick it for no reason whatsoever because of a lack of anything better to do.

I'm starting to really hate Facebook and stuff like that. I mean, I don't even want to know about what people I've briefly met are up to. I keep it because I like to keep in touch with a very select group of people but other than that it's a piece a shit. Another thing I hate is how people I like in real life, develop this really annoying e-persona posting tons of things for attention, or certain things that will make other people think they are smart or diverse. And then other stupid people will "like" or comment on that stuff. Then I will just end up hating and being an asshole to those people I initially liked.

Fuck, social networking is making everyone come into contact with other people will all kinds of preconceived notions and misunderstandings.

This post is probably really trite but it's been bugging me this entire summer because I've been super bored and have pretty much picked apart every annoying or unlikeable aspect of both myself and all of my so-called friends. Conclusion: don't worry about other people, just concentrate on yourself, if all else fails just don't think about things that are fucked if there's no solution, or are meaningless to fix.

I'm so glad school is starting in a couple of weeks so I can just devote all my cognitive power to school work.