superconfessional

fuck being religious

I've eaten leavened bread every day thus far this week. Haven't cut anything out of my diet, never Kosher, etc...

But that's not gonna stop me from partaking in the seder tonight (late cause I wasn't home) and eating amazing foodz.

word son. I don't make an effort to be religious, but if it's something like a seder, I participate not for the religious aspect, but for the seeing my relatives and having a good ass diner aspect. my dad made lamb for wednesday night, shit was good

it's an awkward situation when you're expected to partake in religious stuff because it's taken as "honoring" or "respecting" ..the dead

Chinese people have all this shit they do when someone passes away. for immediate family like my grandma recently I would just do it because it's my grandma but now my aunt's (not blood related) mom passed away..I kind of want to skip the whole shabang and just pay my respect at the burial tomorrow but my family is going to that thingy (dunno English translation) tonight

my mom says I don't have to..

I'm not really comfortable but it'll look weird if I don't

it's an awkward situation when you're expected to partake in religious stuff because it's taken as "honoring" or "respecting" ..the dead

Chinese people have all this shit they do when someone passes away. for immediate family like my grandma recently I would just do it because it's my grandma but now my aunt's (not blood related) mom passed away..I kind of want to skip the whole shabang and just pay my respect at the burial tomorrow but my family is going to that thingy (dunno English translation) tonight

agreed, the whole ancestor worship, burning money and leaving food so they haave it to use in heaven is a bit antiquated to me....but so is most religion.....

word son. I don't make an effort to be religious, but if it's something like a seder, I participate not for the religious aspect, but for the seeing my relatives and having a good ass diner aspect. my dad made lamb for wednesday night, shit was good

check the what are you eating today thread for seder dinner.

Seder looks so gross. I admire you guys for trying but we all know Jews pretend to like it because they picked the vengeful God (whoops for them.)

so incorrect. on so many levels. also, Hebrew God isn't as vengeful as Christian God btw.

Earlier today I was laughing at a broad as she was getting arrested. It was some white girl with a fake tan, I know it was fake because being orange isn't natural. She was wearing a pink sweat suit as well. The proverbial cherry on top was seeing her Navigator getting loaded up to be taken to the impound.

I feel kind of bad for laughing at her, but I have a suspicion that she's one of the girls that sits on her ass all day and mooches off of her parents.. So it's easy to laugh at her.

Earlier today I was laughing at a broad as she was getting arrested. It was some white girl with a fake tan, I know it was fake because being orange isn't natural. She was wearing a pink sweat suit as well. The proverbial cherry on top was seeing her Navigator getting loaded up to be taken to the impound.

I feel kind of bad for laughing at her, but I have a suspicion that she's one of the girls that sits on her ass all day and mooches off of her parents.. So it's easy to laugh at her.

pff, you might as well laugh. fuck entitled bitches. plus, she's gonna get the last laugh because her daddy's gonna pay off any charges. what'd she get busted for? since it's a woman driving a big SUV, i'm going to make a conservative guess. did she...drive through a building while texting her bff jill?

When I was young, I used to want to buy the ancestor money (or whatever you call it) from the Hong Kong Supermarket and use it as a prop when I would play gangsters with my friends (or by myself, running around my room/closet/hallway/etc.). My parents always chided me, saying that it was disrespectful.

But one time they bought for me and it was awesome.

I will say that when I was young, it was creepy to me to have the pictures of my grandparents and great-grandparents on the mantel, on plates and so such. They always had such severe expressions on their face.

The creepiest, though, was when my maternal grandfather died. I was thirteen; he lived in Vietnam his entire life and died there. I never met him. My uncle flew over there immediately and was detained by customs for a day. After bribing the officials, he was able to barely make the funeral.

He brought back a video of my grandfather's body being prepared for the funeral. My grandfather had died of a stroke, so his jaw was locked open. My mother and my aunt watched the video, reverently, but I had to leave the room. It was too much for me.

pff, you might as well laugh. fuck entitled bitches. plus, she's gonna get the last laugh because her daddy's gonna pay off any charges. what'd she get busted for? since it's a woman driving a big SUV, i'm going to make a conservative guess. did she...drive through a building while texting her bff jill?

I like the way you think.

She caught a drug charge, I don't know what though. Probably coke. She was crying as the dog searched her car so I know it had to be something worse than weed, that or she could have been crying because a bunch of black guys were watching her and laughing at her misfortune LOL.