superconfessional

dang it kinda sucks now that my best friend has a girlfriend. he's always busy and never has time to kick it anymore. it bums me out because he's like a brother to me and i could care less if my actual brother didn't have time for me. and i don't think we're going to go on anymore trips either. maaaaan.

In recent months things have felt weird between myself and my gf. I have noticed her being distant and lacking interest in the things we do. I see her a few times a week, maybe two days for a few hours. When we're together it seems we don't make the best out of the time we have.

It's always been my hope that just having someone was good enough and it has been. That significant other that you feel is all you need. And she is. To bring you happiness. She is. When she loves me. I've always been the one to offer a kiss, and she to offer her cheek. But it's ridiculous to have to practically ask to kiss her and hug her. She used to say she wants nothing but to please me but even then it was lackluster.

I tell her all the time that I miss her when I'm not with her because it is true, every hour I spent with her is like a minute, and every minute a second. The way my heart beats when I'm with her shares that rhythm as the first time I kissed her. It doesn't help that I miss the old her.

When she and I became we, I was a cynical little boy with a cold heart. And she brought that warmth. Flirting and sending messages with each other. Kisses that we'd sneak whenever we could. And that's faded.

I bring this to her attention two nights after valentines day, practically a month after our second anniversary. And she tells me "I don't know, Mike. I don't know."

What I've done, what I've put into this. I had been convinced that she is the girl for me, her words too. Her supposed promises that were made out of drunk excitement of falling in love. I guess I was naive - a little boy fed a fantasy of everlasting affection. And a boy I still remain. I have not felt the warmth only found between two lovers. For this maiden is a good girl and wished to be wed before it was done. And I said I'd wait.

We're still together but I have not been given any answers. She tells me she needs time to think about things. So far I've given her two days where I have not contacted her. It's so difficult. Everything around me reminds me of her. The first night was god awful. And the second is a day closer to coming to terms that this might all end. I miss her but I writhe with fear.

She's an art student with aspirations to go to a nice school. Always wanting to become better. Friends have suggested that maybe she's just putting art as a first priority and me as a second. But it can't possibly just be for art. When we see each other she could still talk to me. She's my best friend as well as my girl - through thick and thin, yet when I miss her I can hardly admit it to her dismay, and the most unexpected people become closer than she is.

If the door is shut and I am left out in the cold, getting up won't be so easy. I only know her. I've grown comfort in her arms. I'm so dysfunctional with any other women. My ignorance of a fickle heart, to think I only need one.

Not only do I suffer to waiting for her response but it pains me when I talk to friends I make an ask about us. This is our third year. I don't know if it will be a third year.

I'll give you your time and space. I'd do anything to see you smile if I said hello. To hold your hand. Help you put your gloves on and enjoy the winter that was familiar to us. I will wait for you.

I go through phases where i will be optimistic and motivated to get shit done, and then a couple days later I will be all lame and tired and just want to sit on the computer. Then the whole pattern will start all over again.

My life, especially right now.

i'm a poet but only when i'm bored at work.

todays masterpiece (inspired by my 25 fun facts)

I've emerged from the ruins of Detroit, a polite boy,

unsure of the differences between what is wrong and right.

free form insecurities are disguised by clumsy words for clumsy worlds.

where time is like a locomotive and we're tied its fucking tracks,

with the sun on our backs, somethings you just can't fight.

My mom sent me a facebook PM saying she was really offended that I didn't want to add her, and that she was sorry for trying to ask her son to be her friend. I apologized shortly after and accepted her request, then she deleted me and told me not to add her again, and to rest assured that she would never step foot in my wall.

why do the most ridiculous internet-related/serious business things happen to me