superconfessional

yes, but I was expecting a bit more from my eng. course. we have barely learned how to use cad-like software, and have taken like 1 subject in component drawing. I guess I'm just tired of seeing theory and want to explore the creative side of designing.

engineering is pretty much the opposite of anything creative in what it comes to design, always a function over form concept.

yes, but I was expecting a bit more from my eng. course. we have barely learned how to use cad-like software, and have taken like 1 subject in component drawing. I guess I'm just tired of seeing theory and want to explore the creative side of designing.

I don't know what you're in for but if it has anything to do with engineering, this "creative" does not exist. Half of my friends are engineers, working for a pretty broad spectrum of companies and markets, from real boring huge shit to small startups with pretty innovative products.

Engineering is basically just solving a problem, which does not mean the same thing as the fun product an ID or Designer (cap 'D') might be spinning... it does not exist. More like proving a long, drawn out theorem.

80 hours on a hardware modeling or a spring-clip to prove it. This is why I pulled out of ID after half a go at it. SUCKS WHY THEM PROS MAKE IT LOOK SO GREAT.

his girlfriend was hella yelling." i hella forgot about this story, sooo embarrassing.

Well, I guess it is true about WC'ers saying 'hella' like EC kids say 'wicked.' I'm shamed and at once glad I found real life proof.

Well, I guess it is true about WC'ers saying 'hella' like EC kids say 'wicked.' I'm shamed and at once glad I found real life proof.

First time I heard "hella" was some girl at a San Jose swap meet. It was hella this and hella that. I just kept staring at her trying to figure out what she was saying. I thought I'd had a stroke or flashback or something because nothing was making sense. Then her friend dropped a "hecka" and it blew my mind.

I don't know what you're in for but if it has anything to do with engineering, this "creative" does not exist. Half of my friends are engineers, working for a pretty broad spectrum of companies and markets, from real boring huge shit to small startups with pretty innovative products.

Engineering is basically just solving a problem, which does not mean the same thing as the fun product an ID or Designer (cap 'D') might be spinning... it does not exist. More like proving a long, drawn out theorem.

80 hours on a hardware modeling or a spring-clip to prove it. This is why I pulled out of ID after half a go at it. SUCKS WHY THEM PROS MAKE IT LOOK SO GREAT.

yeah but i realized it all too late. I do find it interesting so it's not a total bore, thankfully. i'm near the end so i should just get it over with :(

but she just wanna engineer fayst & fierce car

DIS IS TRUF

I should've studied car design. Seems like my cup of tea. My high school was just crossing their fingers and praying that people would actually gradate, and they never bothered to offer much occupational or higher education guidance, and the guidance counselors were the football coaches, so no help there.

My girlfriend and I are discussing semi-earnestly these days about the car we will buy when we go back to Japan. Her last car was a 360 Sypder in TDF blue. My last car was an Audi wagon.

I don't really like BMWs anymore but money taken into consideration, I wouldn't mind that Malachite Green M5 on 20" Schnitzers that's chilling on Yahoo! JP. She hates BMWs, she says they're boring. She says she won't even ride in my BMW, let alone drive it. I don't really blame her, but shieeet.

If we have a kid (always a no condom concept), she is seriously going to but a baby seat in a 911 and make me drive separately, walk, or take the subway

She is, actually. Just don't ever talk to her about cars. I think this whole thing will be solved by the two of us buying our own cars. She really likes that California Spyder, and I hate it, but I'd take it out and wring the hell out of it if we had one. And I won't have to worry about her messing up my car.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

just got VIOLATED by my boss [ll]

i sent him an email re: a discussion i'd had with two other people in our office about some shit

nothing especially major, but he's better at dealing with this shit than they are which is why i wanted to go straight to him

(i would make a women in the workplace lol here but fear negative consequences)

so he replies, i reply, then he forwards his next reply to FUCKING BOTH OF THEM WT FUCK????

i thought we was good like that

fucking ruined my friday

fuck

I should've studied car design. Seems like my cup of tea. My high school was just crossing their fingers and praying that people would actually gradate, and they never bothered to offer much occupational or higher education guidance, and the guidance counselors were the football coaches, so no help there.

My girlfriend and I are discussing semi-earnestly these days about the car we will buy when we go back to Japan. Her last car was a 360 Sypder in TDF blue. My last car was an Audi wagon.

I don't really like BMWs anymore but money taken into consideration, I wouldn't mind that Malachite Green M5 on 20" Schnitzers that's chilling on Yahoo! JP. She hates BMWs, she says they're boring. She says she won't even ride in my BMW, let alone drive it. I don't really blame her, but shieeet.

If we have a kid (always a no condom concept), she is seriously going to but a baby seat in a 911 and make me drive separately, walk, or take the subway

your girl knows what's up. i also dislike BMW and find them boring. the M3 was good and the various Z-jawnz, but literally they are shitting all over their name. first the x5 and x3, now the horrifying x6, and i find out they're coming out with a fucking x1. then what!?

does she like the 911? i'm honestly not a fan O_O

She likes them because they're tractable and easy to drive/park in the city (Japanese urban concept). She's comparing her 911's to Ferraris though, which is pretty understandable. I seriously doubt she's ever driven any car more than 4/10ths, though she said she got cuffed for a DUI doing 280km/h once. She just drove her 360 Spyder to buy Diet Cokes at the 7-11 though.

She once bought a second hand 993 that was once owned by the former Yokozuna's wife, she said the original owner had driven it like 3 times.

I don't really like Porsches that much either, too many Cayennes, Caymans, Boxsters, and people ricing up 911 C2's to look like Turbos, and Turbos themselves are gaudy. I'd do a basalt black Carrera GT, but it looks like i"m short by about $400,000 for the time being.

I used to be a BMW fanboy, but they're all ugly, they're overweight, and they're not what they were 10 years ago.

E39 Sports are like $15K in Japan now, peasant status. I like the E39 though, it was designed by the Japanese guy who did the Z3 and the E46 3 series as well. He didn't have the most aggressive hand, but all of his cars look pretty good 10 years later.

If I had fun money and more car spaces, I'd buy an M3 CSL in Japan, I think that is one of the only modern BMWs to stay true to their roots.

backseats in a 911 carrera are big enough for kids... dunno where your waifus problem is

ag_08911_backseat.jpg

You can't really put a baby seat in the back of a GT3 RS with the Recaros and Tecquipment half roll cage.

I still like the Qporte, but I don't really want a first-run one with the original transmission, I want a GTS and those are closer to $100K, and the new Sport GTS is $150K.

It's a lot of car for the money and has good presentation, but when you stop daydreaming, you realize that shit would break all the time. It's Italian, it's a Ferrari-built FIAT group car, it's gonna break for all kinds of stupid reasons.

I like women who drive white Maserati coupes, I just don't know if I'm old enough at 27 to drive a Qporte, it's kind of baroque.

I can get a clean E60 M5 with 2 years of shaken paid, and it's quicker than a Qporte, easier to drive, and would probably break less.

What I really, really want is the Aston Rapide, but that fucker wouldn't make delivery til the end of next year probably and it'll cost $100K too much.

sometimes when i type up posts i type "hella" too many times, but when i go back and proofread it i just delete them all.

I'm from London and I say hella all the time.

that trips me out, especially when i know people aren't from norcal say it. it's like when someone from here says "bloody" but you still cool in my book natse