Blaming this error on our recent move to a full brick and mortar store but we discovered the new long-sleeved summer border shirt in blue from The Flat Head was showing out of stock. Now corrected.

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/tfh-block-check-l-s-workshirt-blue.html

Since the Steel Feather-thread is locked I guess this is the best place to post this.

For those of you who don't follow Anders of Steel Feather on Instagram you might have missed a new roomier cut in 3 different denims is on its way. Thought I'd share the short little interview I did with Anders about it. I'm quite intrigued about it!

http://indigoveins.com/interview-with-anders-helseth-of-steel-feather-jeans/

We now have some incredibly soft loopwheeled V neck t shirts from Iron Heart in Navy, Green, and Grey with pocket.

7.5 oz 100% cotton from Wakayama and made in Tokyo itself.

They have been washed once so minimal shrinkage. They run about an inch longer than previous versions.

IHTPblue1_zps5545b571.jpg

IHTPblue2_zps909dd02a.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/iron-heart/ih-plain-loopwheeled-v-neck-t-shirts-navy.html

IHTPgrey1_zpsf7c6e0dd.jpg

IHTPgrey2_zpsbb067b6b.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/iron-heart/ih-plain-loopwheeled-v-neck-t-shirts-grey.html

IHTPgreen1_zps7f195af9.jpg

IHTPgreen2_zps78cd9a13.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/iron-heart/ih-plain-loopwheeled-v-neck-t-shirts-green.html

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Would just like to say a massive thank you to the guys at Rivet & Hide.

My (considerably) better half is currently in London and I asked if she would pop in to their Windmill st store to check out a couple of items on my 'to get' list.

Not only was she hugely impressed with store design and aesthetic, she was genuinely amazed at the quality of the items in stock - we might just have another convert!

What really made all the difference though was the help she received while there. I received photos of my wife in the store (taken by Junior I believe - cheers mate, you're a great sport) who had been having lots of fun trying on some of the items I had asked her to look at. I don't know how you managed it guys - usually on the very rare occasions I manage to get her to try on a pair of jeans she wont even come out of the changing room, let alone pose for photos.... Admittedly this is the first time she will have come across denim of this quality in a shop as opposed to the usual designer brands we have previously been used to, but still.... It means the environment must have felt totally relaxed and comfortable.

She had a really fun & interesting visit and this goes a long way to making my new found denim obsession much easier for her to understand (and perhaps even share).

I will be there myself next week and am looking forward to it even more now.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Would just like to say a massive thank you to the guys at Rivet & Hide.

My (considerably) better half is currently in London and I asked if she would pop in to their Windmill st store to check out a couple of items on my 'to get' list.

Not only was she hugely impressed with store design and aesthetic, she was genuinely amazed at the quality of the items in stock - we might just have another convert!

What really made all the difference though was the help she received while there. I received photos of my wife in the store (taken by Junior I believe - cheers mate, you're a great sport) who had been having lots of fun trying on some of the items I had asked her to look at. I don't know how you managed it guys - usually on the very rare occasions I manage to get her to try on a pair of jeans she wont even come out of the changing room, let alone pose for photos.... Admittedly this is the first time she will have come across denim of this quality in a shop as opposed to the usual designer brands we have previously been used to, but still.... It means the environment must have felt totally relaxed and comfortable.

She had a really fun & interesting visit and this goes a long way to making my new found denim obsession much easier for her to understand (and perhaps even share).

I will be there myself next week and am looking forward to it even more now.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

This is what it's all about and it was our pleasure entirely. Look forward to meeting you next time.

I'd just like to thank Junior for modelling pinnies for me today. As a result I picked up a very nice Dawson Denim apron, which someone is getting as a present.

DD_0362.jpg

Kelly and Scott make fine denim goods, and are lovely people too.

Edited by Graeme

So, finally made it for a visit yesterday - a six hour round trip on the train (engineering work delays) was well worth it! The shop is truly amazing, everything from the floor, to the racks to the stock (obviously) has clearly been extremely well thought out and considered. Also worth a visit just to see the Steel Feathers that were apparently their first sale that are hanging up... Insane evo.

Juinor was a great help with advice and sizing, not to mention extremely patient and tolerant with my indecisiveness. And was honest. Always respect someone who will say 'those are not right for you' knowing it will cost a sale, although to be fair a suitable alternative was very quickly found. Was on his own at the time but made sure every customer was given the help and attention they required.

Topped it all off by hemming my Jeans there and then, as he knew I had a train to catch in a few hours. Was happy for me to watch the process and clearly took pride in his work. I actually think the end result was neater than the original hem (I will put up some pictures in the PBJ thread).

I will no doubt be returning on every one of my trips to London. Danny, hope you are having a productive time in Japan, sorry to have missed you but I look forward to meeting you next time. You can relax knowing the shop is in very capable hands!

q0lMlWi.png

Very happy with my purchases and the Mrs likes them too.

The 4002 is a slim tapered raw selvedge jean by The Flat Head. It is the same fit as the popular 3002 indigo jean.

A mixture of sulphur and indigo dyes gives the jean a black appearance but allows it to fade with high contrast just like the indigo denim does, along with the characteristic vertical falling.

This denim shrinks less than the 3xxx/Pioneer denim. It will lose 1" in the waist and stretch back out by 1". 

The deal breaker for some will be the 38" inseam which after hot washes will lose just 2".

-100% cotton 13.5 oz black denim
-raw/unsanforized
-Slim tapered fit
-Hidden rivets
-chain stitched hem
-38" inseam
-Zip Fly

The Black Border T Shirt is a new addition. They come up pretty small. Junior wears an L in this image and a 40 in the THC tees. The smaller tees would work well on some female customers

4002-8_zpsc1008d64.jpg

4002-1b_zps8ae9f0b8.jpg

4002-13_zps80ec316a.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/tfh-4002-slim-tapered-black-jean.html

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/the-flat-head-border-t-shirt.html

We also now carry the 3012 straight jean with sharp taper to narrow leg opening made from the 3XXX denim.
It comes with a generous 39.5" inseam which will reduce to 36.5" after soaking.

-14.5 oz. 100% cotton selvedge denim
-Raw/unsanforized denim
-Straight tapered fit
-Flat Head & Co branded iron buttons
-Hidden rivets
-Button fly
-39.5" raw inseam measurement
-Goat leather patch
-Crafted in Japan

We shall to provide some fit images next week.

3012-11b_zpse50693cb.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/tfh-3012-straight-tapered-jean.html

TFHbanner2_zps8191e39b.jpg

Hey everybody,

Yesterday I made it down to rivet and hide, really easy to find just down the road from goodge street station on the northern line.

The area the shop is in feels great, really good vibe I noticed on the street and surrounding area down towards the bottom of windmill street the same end as the shop.

Really felt to me like the shop fitted where it was and upon walking round the area I noticed a fair few people wearing some kind of selvage denim in a few of the pubs and shops round there....shows that there is people close by that get denim, as well as people like myself and others who will travel to the shop because of it being a bit of a 'destination' for these great brands.

I thought the store itself was really well laid out with a couple of really nice pairs of jeans well worn in displayed on a few of the walls. one of them is a pair of heavy weight railcars I think which felt incredible to touch, really thick and sort of slubbed up if that makes sense. Lots of great touches like that around the shop that set it apart and make it look and feel great.

When i walked in junior must have already known what I was looking for somehow as he was awesome......taking me through different cuts from iron heart, flat head, the new japan made 3sixteen cuts, and pbj stuff to name just a few!

I tried on iron hearts 666/634/Beatle busters/555 along with flat heads 3002/3009/3001 and f310....I think there was more but lets just say i was in and out a changing room for a good hour probably more with continuous advice from junior who knows the brands they stock really well, certainly a lot better than me as I'm used to evisu cuts more than anything.

In the end I went with some Iron Heart Beatle busters (last pair I tried on) which need no introduction on here, the 21oz denim feels great and surprisingly soft straight off I thought.....when I walked out the changing room with these on (smiling) junior immediately said straight off something along the lines of.....'they're the ones' also smiling! They feel like a great fit, a smidgen slimmer in the top block than my lot2005 evisu which is pretty much exactly what I was looking for along with the heavier weight to them. personally I don't care if it's coming up to summer it's an English summer at best and I wanted some experience with this heavy denim as soon as I felt it on.

The inseam length was long, me and junior agreed the new length it would be taking into account any further possible shrinkage and the cuff size I usually have too......then he was able to cut them down to size and chain stitch the hem for me right there on the union special, to top that whilst I waited i was able to get a free coffee from the coffee shop a couple of doors down which was a nice subtle touch too......not that I found it particularly hard going checking out everything else they sell whilst chatting with Danny as I waited....was really awesome.

Danny the owner came to the store just back from Canada as I understand it as the busters were getting chain stitched. he had plenty of time to talk about the store and the brands to me which was great as I hadn't met him before. was great to talk about the shop, the vision and the coming together of everything to make what he has now which like I said above feels like a destination for denim in London to me......somewhere I can see myself visiting time and again.

In the end I was there for a good few hours and what a great afternoon it was!

If your ever in london and rare denim is your bag......I urge you to get to rivet and hide and check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for reading :D

Edited by dant87

Dant87, thanks for such a kind review. I'll let you know when those PBJ hoodies are restocked.

No probs well worth coming.

*awaits commissioning of special edition Rivet&hide loopwheel tshirts*!!!!!!!

Here are the fit images of The Flat Head 3012. This new model with a 39.5" raw inseam is a straight fit with a strong taper below the knee to a narrow leg opening. If you need room in the top block with a modern tapered silhouette, an inseam that once shrunk of 36.5", and want to get into some Pioneeer / 3XXX denim then you should consider this jean. (Chris is 193cm tall and weighs 85 kg)

3012chris1b_zps33c9dbc8.jpg

3012chris6b_zps0b58af14.jpg

3012chris3b_zpsf2c3f4ee.jpg

An example of how this denim fades. we have these jeans on display at the sore. Worn for 10 months.

pioneer9c_zpsebdcc4ec.jpg

Pioneer5c_zps5da96dfe.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/tfh-3012-straight-tapered-jean.html

• 2 weeks later...

We shall be holding 2 events at our London store in July.

Kicking off the month on Tuesday 1st July the book launch of Denim Style by renowned photographer Horst Friedrichs will be held from 7-9pm. His previous works include Hope And Glory, Drive Style,and Cycle Style.

If you would like to attend please RSVP Inge: [email protected] by June 27th.

r_zpsba6a828a.png

On July 15th Haraki and crew from Iron Heart will be in town and we will hold a get-together and beers from 6-8pm for them and anyone who would like to meet them. Please follow this link to Iron Heart UK if you wish to join us http://ironheart.wufoo.eu/forms/rivet-hideiron-heart-meet-greet/

IH_zps9b3cd331.jpg

Danny,

Is the IH event on July 5th or 15th? Sorry, got confused since the link says 15th while the post says 5th...thanks!

Thanks for pointing this error out. Yes, the Iron Heart event will be on Tuesday 15th July.

Sorry for the confusion. ( I need to visit the optician )

I had a very pleasant trip here on Monday when shopping for my first pair of raw jeans. Junior proved a great help, patiently let me try countless pairs on before deciding what to go for. Reassured that they'd shrink in all the right places (which they did!) we settled on some 1001s, and I couldn't be happier with them - absolutely spot on. I look forward to coming back and trying a few things I've seen on the website I like the look of too, pretty sold on the raw thing as a result.

Thanks again Junior and the rest of the team,

Nick

I had a very pleasant trip here on Monday when shopping for my first pair of raw jeans. Junior proved a great help, patiently let me try countless pairs on before deciding what to go for. Reassured that they'd shrink in all the right places (which they did!) we settled on some 1001s, and I couldn't be happier with them - absolutely spot on. I look forward to coming back and trying a few things I've seen on the website I like the look of too, pretty sold on the raw thing as a result.

Thanks again Junior and the rest of the team,

Nick

Thank you, Nick. Glad Junior fixed you up with a great pair. My own 1001s have just almost hit the full 2 months wear mark and I can see them breaking in nicely. FH denim requires some tough love at the start as it is literally reeking in indigo but it always reciprocates in the end.

Looking forward to you next visit...D

The X015 is a completely new jean from

Pure Blue Japan

. What distinguishes this from previous slim slim fits is the extra 2 inches in the front and rear rises. It is made from the signature 14 oz. slubby denim that has unique fading properties.

The rise will shrink down by 0.75" after an initial soak. The waist will lose an inch and stretch out again by one inch. The 37.5" in seam will recede to 35.5"

The leg opening is a fraction wider than the slim tapered fits (X011,X012, X013) and narrower than the previous slim straight models (X005, x007)

We also got a full restock of the indigo dyed round and V neck T shirts and these indigo- dyed border stripe tees in both configurations.

(James is wearing a 32w jeans and medium shirts. He weighs 83kg and is 188cm tall)

X15James10b_zpscb176f32.jpg

X15James7b_zps4d8072dd.jpg

X015-1_zps7136b3e3.jpg

X015-6_zps20e15e0c.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/pure-blue-japan/pure-blue-japan-x015-slim-straight-jean.html

3sixteen has introduced a lightweight 12 oz. version of their indigo selvedge jean in the popular slim tapered fit. The ST-101x is custom woven by the Kuroki Mill in Okayama along with their other denims. The jean has been rinsed once which has made it super soft, comfortable, and easy to wear.

The new summer shirts look great with their jeans. The fabrics are from Japan and perfect for the summer months. That said, Johan, co-owner of the brand, styles his under a denim shirt. The look is on point and shows how these garments are not just limited to the warmer months of the year.

The Light Blue Jacquard 3/4 sleeve length shirt can be worn either with sleeves down or with less bunching than a full sleeve if you prefer to wear them rolled. The indigo threads will fade with wash and wear.

We got a good restock of the 3sixteen twin pack heavyweight tees too.

(James is wearing a 32w jeans and medium shirts. He weighs 83kg and is 188cm tall)

ST-101x & Navy Atomic Short Sleeve Work Shirt

101x1_zpsac703dbc.jpg

101x4_zpsda685e0b.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/3sixteen/3sixteen-st-101x-slim-tapered-lightweight-selvedge.html

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/3sixteen/3sixteen-short-sleeve-workshirt-navy-atomic.html

Light Blue Jacquard 3/4 Sleeve Shirt

34shirt1_zps29ca9ca7.jpg

34shirt2_zps0075989c.jpg

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/3sixteen/3sixteen-light-blue-jacquard-3-4-sleeve-shirt.html