Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

LGC wallet. Had it made with no tan or stain and after a few days of wear, I decided that I wanted a little color in it. Used a brown shoe polish and 3 coats of mink oil just to get it pretty. The 3 pics with no light show the true color, but the one with light shows the nifty imperfections in the texture and polish. I think it looks pretty cool now.

walletnolight.jpg

same.jpg

closednolight.jpg

walletlight.jpg

does anyone know a cleaning supply i could use on the unfinished grain LGC wallet?

http://www.obenaufs.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=24&osCsid=09cb497d0f6d91e154affc8d60ce63fd

They are throwing in a free 4oz oil with it free. I ordered the cleaner a couple days ago, have yet to receive it so I cant give a review, but if its anything like other Obenauf's products, it will kick ass.

I'm kinda wishing I had bought one with the covered snap.

dick, i have a local seamstress line the back pockets of my jeans so that the button on my wallet won't blow them out. It also keeps my keys from wearing through. It costs about $8 for me to have it done and it's definitely saved the jeans a lot of unnecessary wear and tear from the wallet button. in fact the woman that does it for me puts an extra piece of fabric just where the button rubs so that there is a double layer of protection in that area. the fabric is just a medium weight cotton and i have her put in some fun colors like orange or yellow so that if/when they do wear through they'll have a little flair.

dick, i have a local seamstress line the back pockets of my jeans so that the button on my wallet won't blow them out. It also keeps my keys from wearing through. It costs about $8 for me to have it done and it's definitely saved the jeans a lot of unnecessary wear and tear from the wallet button. in fact the woman that does it for me puts an extra piece of fabric just where the button rubs so that there is a double layer of protection in that area. the fabric is just a medium weight cotton and i have her put in some fun colors like orange or yellow so that if/when they do wear through they'll have a little flair.

Does she have to remove the pocket to do this? I have a lady I go to for bigger stuff, but I'm not sure I'd want her to be pulling my pockets off.

haha, LGC guy really is the soup nazi. I actually BEGGED him to ship to Sweden. Everything worked out good though, and I like the wallet (ponderosa, light oak stained). It isnt that big really, or thick atleast. I can sit on it without problem now..,kinda wished it was a bit fatter actually.

i hope you guys all know what you're getting into with these wallets...I've had mine since may and will suffer a lifetime worth of back trouble for it...

The 3D wallet fade on your contest sammies is worth a lifetime of back trouble.

On a side note the PW-01 looks pretty skinny.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/463305/791087/

i hope you guys all know what you're getting into with these wallets...I've had mine since may and will suffer a lifetime worth of back trouble for it. Actually just waiting for tanner to make a natural or light brown duofold...so i can buy that insted of the monster in my back pocket aka red moon..
exactly why I sold mine, poly. I noticed that I was slouching whenever it was in my back pocket.

Slouching sideways :eek:

I just bought the Atelier La Durance belt in black from Context. Highly reccomended. Also, poly and Ott, what kind of problems are you having (if you don't mind me asking)? I been using mine for a litle over six months and haven't noticed any problems, but I guess that's the sort of thing that creeps up on you. Nothing debilitating I hope.