^Wook, ouch! I hope you're ok. Good to know the jeans managed to take some of the beating though :)

I'm not sure if this post falls within any particular theme that works well on Sufu but i thought it might amuse &/or demonstrate the inherent toughness that i admire when looking for a pair of jeans (or body armour) as i might now call them.in the course of my work i do take the odd knock & scrape (some due to tough work conditions some just because i'm clumsy at times)suffice to say i took a tumble while shooting at the weekend, while i didn't fair too well my Steel Feather's held up very well. not a tear in sight (also zero soak through of the red body juice).apologies if you're squeamish :)

CF039065.jpg

The big question, are you going to wash?

^To not wash that stain would be considered disgusting. I recommend a wash.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Thanks everyone for the kind words of concern. I'm all good. I used to skate a lot so am used to such tumbles. (they do ache a little longer nowadays though haha)

To wash or not is an interesting question (kind of why i did the post) which does lead me onto; best techniques you've tried for successful washing (non machine). I've read a few interesting things & watched an interesting vid or two on the matter but always good to get more info.

Don't worry Anders I have as a partial measure, after the quick photo. Done some localised cleaning of the area. :)

Just interested in favoured or tested washing tips (as these jeans are just past the 6 month mark i didn't want to jump in too soon with a reckless wash).. they have had some bagged overnight freezing & airing already though don't worry.

Btw Thanks Danny for the nice positive photos of my SF in action :)

• 4 weeks later...

HWDC2 just around the corner. I wish everyone the best of luck and enjoy wearing your jeans!

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

^ I really like the different results of wear and indigo tints considering it's the same denim. Show's how different wear may yield different results.

Forgot to x-post here. The thighs and hips have loosened up a little since the photos were taken. I have a very good feeling about these jeans, like them so much already.

HC-SF-81 checking in. Steel Feather 21oz SF0121 jean. Second day of wear.

8605975140_8252098984_h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Superfuturians! Time to continue releasing more pictures of the making of Steel Feather:

7484696746_7756ea69fe_z.jpg

(Above: Time to do button holes for the fly piece.)

7484696428_76b77bf878_z.jpg

(Above: Yoshinori takes his time to get the piece into perfect positon.)

7484696070_d566b8bf94_z.jpg

(Above: 4 button holes finished!)

7484695738_f172c014c5_z.jpg

(Above: The finished fly piece, ready for assembly.)

Sorry to keep everyone waiting on the latest update. A lot of things going on with HWDC2 lately!

As always, the pictures currently released can be seen at the Steel Feather facebook page. Please check it out, and let me know if you like it :)

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

• 2 weeks later...

Last week on a shoot for our new arrivals from The Flat Head & 3sixteen I managed to wrestle Jean-Luc's camera off him and grabbed these shots of his Steel Feathers which had one initial soak and a quick wash after 9 months. This is how you break in a pair of raw jeans. Exclusive to Rivet & Hide

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/steel-feather/steel-feather-0121-jean.html

_JLB6420_zpsb393d321.jpg

_JLB6417_zpsaa2cfb01.jpg

_JLB6431_zps43536d65.jpg

_JLB6426_zpsd904963c.jpg

_JLB6370_zps57f343ef.jpg

_JLB6387_zpsd2e661d3.jpg

_JLB6393_zpsc9ded04f.jpg

Ok some photos of my steel feathers and repairs. Missing a photo of where we had to cut the fly right down the bottom to thread the zip back on. Got a little excited that my feathers were back in business.

_DSC6218.jpg

need to cut that little bit of thread below the zip

_DSC6223.jpg

remove this sucker

_DSC6228.jpg

_DSC6230.jpg

_DSC6232.jpg

made a small cut where the fabric is frayed so we can slide the zip back on

_DSC6239.jpg

stitch it up, replace the spike thing

_DSC6260.jpg

BAM steel feathers ready to go!

Thanks for the praise. However, I'd like to take the opportunity to say it's not just any zipper: this is a replica 1940s conmar style zipper with heather grey cotton tape. Real "connoisseur" grade stuff right there  :)

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

steel feather fly broke today, two teeth just fell off! hmm, anyone know a good tailor?  I kept the zip and button up while soaking and drying. Used beewax on it when it was stiff and some mink oil. How do i replace my Real "connoisseur" grade zipper i dont want a tailor putting a crap one on or miss matching thread colour! I was loving the zip and the jeans and how vintage ideas have been used eg, conmar zip and cotton thread.

Edited by ToddjColey

^Sorry to hear about your experience with the zipper Todd. If you want I will send you a replacement zipper.

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Edited by Anders Helseth

That would be great Anders, i need these jeans running 24/7 i have a comp to win! :)  and i have had to downgrade to 16.5oz denim, cant be having that! :angry:

Send me a PM with your address and I will send out a replacement zipper for you ASAP. This zipper will be slightly different but from the same Japanese brand of zippers. It will all add to the flavour, and you will get an even more unique pair of jeans. Get in touch with Danny and he should be able to help you out when it comes to tailor and such.

Happy to help resolve your issue, and looking forward to seeing you rocking your new Waldes zipper!

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Send me a PM with your address and I will send out a replacement zipper for you ASAP. This zipper will be slightly different but from the same Japanese brand of zippers. It will all add to the flavour, and you will get an even more unique pair of jeans. Get in touch with Danny and he should be able to help you out when it comes to tailor and such.

Happy to help resolve your issue, and looking forward to seeing you rocking your new Waldes zipper!

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

Thanks heaps mate i will do! Cant wait to have the new Waldes zip on, seen on their website they have some cool zips. I still think you should have a zip on the new steel feathers (seen photos of the new ones with button holes), i need all the help i can get in the toilet ha ha. It makes these jeans STEEL FEATHERS :D

Edited by ToddjColey

Thanks Anders. Great customer service!

Any time Todd! :)

Kind Regards

Anders Helseth

• 2 months later...