Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

general guidelines

- do not leech images from other sites...if you find an image you would like to post...move the image to a free image host [or your own server space] so the original site does not have to pay for the bandwidth

- keep images within the superfridge...anything greater than 640px width should be posted as a clickable thumbnail or a text link

how to

there are various methods to do this...this is how to do it manually...

- upload your image to a free image host, or your own server space ...if you don't already have a host use google to search for one

- copy the url of the image [it should end in .jpg .gif or .png]

[noparse]http://www.superfuture.com/images/site-images/superfuture_logo.gif[/noparse]

- create image tags

[noparse]superfuture_logo.gif[/noparse]

- it should look like this

superfuture_logo.gif

- if you unsure whether it has worked you can always use the preview post ... check the tags if it isn't working..

there are other ways to post images...using tags from an image host...or clicking the image button [if the WYSIWYG mode is enabled in my supertalk/edit options-message interface]...the tags should always look like the tags above

here are the general guidelines... i usually keep mine to 600px width though.

Just polished up the Jackson (Sanders ) zugs , very sturdy boot to wear yet still comfortable , due to the full soft leather lining . About three weeks on these and barely a crease !!! Great in the shitty wet Belfast weather !!!

IMAG1394.jpg

Those are pretty sweet...We're going to TRY to introduce this leather next year. We have a few other leather options coming first, but we haven't forgotten about Natrual CXL!

Glad to hear it! I'll be watching and waiting, now that I know that it's a possibility I can't bring myself to settle.

That's whats hot in Japan right now. All the vintage style denim stores that sell boots pretty much only stock platform boots from Red Wing, White's, Wesco, Viberg, etc.. It looks ridiculous to me, especially considering the build of an average Japanese man.

Thought this might be the best place to ask- Is it possible to add a storm welt to a boot or shoe that does not currently have one?

Thought this might be the best place to ask- Is it possible to add a storm welt to a boot or shoe that does not currently have one?

I'm sure it can be done if the shoe has some kind of a welted construction. Though, I would imagine it could be very difficult -to the point that it's not worth it.

If you ask me, there is very little use for a storm welt other than aesthetics.

^Where've you been, man? Good to see you around.

I'm sure it can be done if the shoe has some kind of a welted construction. Though, I would imagine it could be very difficult -to the point that it's not worth it.

If you ask me, there is very little use for a storm welt other than aesthetics.

It was simply for aesthetics. They're Tricker's, so I'm guessing it shouldn't be too complicated? I'd like to add a storm welt and make the edge natural.

Was cleaning up some boots today and realized, for fella who doesn't collect, I have a silly collection of boots. Here is a few of them, cleaned up.

I think all but the White's should have new homes, any interest?

6316102366_26f3803857_z.jpg

size? I may be interested

^Where've you been, man? Good to see you around.

It was simply for aesthetics. They're Tricker's, so I'm guessing it shouldn't be too complicated? I'd like to add a storm welt and make the edge natural.

I asked the Shoe Healer a while ago about doing something similar, and he said that the standard Tricker's refurbishment costs around £130 and that getting the boots re-welted would, if they could do it, cost a lot more than that.

If you're after a natural edge, a good cobbler should be able to 'sand down' the edges of the mid-sole to get you part-way there. I had something similar done to the Burfords I owned, when I got them re-soled. Not quite the same as what I think you're looking for, though...for what it's worth, aren't all Tricker's country boots made with storm welts these days anyway?

On a different tack, some old bespoke John Lobb shoes that look better with 40 years of age, as worn by the Prince of Wales:

article-1186234-050B9654000005DC-621_468x702.jpg

The shoes are, famously, patched up in a couple of places as he's pretty attached to them. They also look like his valet spends half his life polishing the shoes with a deer bone or something similar. Full article here, in the gloriously reactionary Daily Mail.