Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I think I'm going to find a pair of 10.5 D Semi dress... anyone have any used ones? And if I'm right about the fit, I'll have a pair of 10 C's on the supermarket soon...

I think I'm going to find a pair of 10.5 D Semi dress... anyone have any used ones? And if I'm right about the fit, I'll have a pair of 10 C's on the supermarket soon...

Have you tried going to Stronghold in venice? I thought they had some semidress boots to try on.

Have you tried going to Stronghold in venice? I thought they had some semidress boots to try on.

If stronghold doesn't have a 10.5d you can contact white's and see if they can send you a pair to try on.

thanks guys that's a good idea. My last attempt before I give up on this pair is to do the ol' water soak and wear till dry... I'll give both Whites and stronghold a call...

But thinking of when I called whites before they said they only made them order so they might not have any pairs there....

They are mine after much deliberation and " I will . I won't " I am seliing these . Great boots and bllody good value for money compared to the very overpriced Cheaney boots that I looked at again yesterday whilst in town , but I have my eye on something else !

Probably going to put a pair of Trickers Malton up for sale too this weekend too .

Yes and it was what we thought and with a double leather sole not commando , which is actually better for me.

Also came across a retialer in Belfast with a number of pairs of Churchs custom grade black oxford and brogue shoes for sale at £200 . They were tagged at £285 , must be old stock , as they retail around £350 now .

I noticed the other day most Tricker's retailers have put their prices up again...£355 for boots in most places...puts them in almost the same league, pricewise, as C&J which is getting silly.

The Bureau still has theirs' at £325 , though for how long ? Didnt call in yesterday but they probably will follow the others . Noticed ASOS still have them at the older price and you can use a student card for a 10 % price reduction .

Btw , retailer with Churchs on offer had C&J stock also but not on sale , all dress shoes and boots . Very high spec I must say .

I noticed the other day most Tricker's retailers have put their prices up again...£355 for boots in most places...puts them in almost the same league, pricewise, as C&J which is getting silly.

It's a real shame. I think lots of people are having a hard time with commodity prices. Tricker's seem to be the one company that are selling to younger customers, which is great, but that's easily a 50 per cent price increase in three years.

My Stow were £150 from the eBay shop. glorious days...

It's a real shame. I think lots of people are having a hard time with commodity prices. Tricker's seem to be the one company that are selling to younger customers, which is great, but that's easily a 50 per cent price increase in three years

Trickers second increase since Xmas , I agree about commodity prices . Guy I was chatting with yesterday said Cheaney were going to increase their prices too . I know you visited their factory shop and gave it a decent review but I was very underwhelmed by the shoes/boots I came across recently . They look great and are well finished but the quality of materials just wast't good enough for me , even at sale prices .

It's taking the piss a little bit, I'd not have half the Tricker's collection I have if I'd have paid that much cash per pair.

And although I love Tricker's, Crockett & Jones are in a different league of quality. I can't see how Tricker's can justify those kinda prices rises in such a short period of time...

It's taking the piss a little bit, I'd not have half the Tricker's collection I have if I'd have paid that much cash per pair.

And although I love Tricker's, Crockett & Jones are in a different league of quality. I can't see how Tricker's can justify those kinda prices rises in such a short period of time...

hmm, disagree somewhat, quality is about the same as CJ, although I suppose its rational to expect to pay more for dress shoes than country shoes