Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

i posted these before, might as well show everybody who didnt see em!

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0959.jpg

DSC_0961.jpgDSC_0954.jpg

Nice and worn wgmds! Time for a bit of conditioning?

Doing up some boots for exams...

p6220042.jpg

No polish, but my conditioner does contain a bit of beewax, so a slight shine was possible:

p6220047m.jpg

p6220044o.jpg

DIY sanding has survived :)

p6220048.jpg

And some lace discolouration...

p6220043.jpg

First I posted this in a art work thread but i think it will fit here too.

This is the first shoes i have done. on these i have tried different techniques that ive been teached and combined it with pattern- and shoemaking books.

The heel is made of oaktree and copper. upper is made of sheepskin and lining cattle. The shoe is blake stitched thru a 6mm rubber sole.

http://140milkonst.blogspot.com/2011/06/derby-kangor.html

and this is some models that i have done of steelthread leather and cork.

they are about 5 cm long each.

http://140milkonst.blogspot.com/2011/04/skomodeller.html

Nice and worn wgmds! Time for a bit of conditioning?

the red boots are ww1 service boots so i'm not quite sure that i should try to do anything with them besides stare

^ Nice looking boots!

This just in, Alden 403 - had to wait a while, but the pricing was crazy good (thanks Kyle!)

Much less grain damage/irregularities compared to Wolverine's 1000 Mile boots (also Chromexcel from Horween).

Gave it a thin layer of emu conditioner:

p6230046.jpg

p6230050.jpg

p6230029.jpg

p6230005u.jpg

p6230038.jpg

p6230020.jpg

p6230018n.jpg

p6230032.jpg

this batch was lined with leather :)

p6230027t.jpg

the red boots are ww1 service boots so i'm not quite sure that i should try to do anything with them besides stare

If they're wearable, get a resole sorted and get what you can out of them - it saddens me to think that they could spend the last years of their life inactive and not used for their original purpose...

Great looking boots, by the way!

^ +1, boots were made for walking :)

@ wgmds: there is literature re: preservative conditioning for very old leathers, have a look online or in books - they can actually prolong the life of the leather significantly if you're looking to display them.

Took the 403s out for a test walk today:

p6240004g.jpg

New purchase, straight from Japan...

(not sure if they'll look better with age :P)

p6240005.jpg

I wanted to order some Indy boots and I don't have a retailers nearby to try them out. I understand Indy boots run larger in width and length, but I am trying to get an idea of how much wider they are compared to Red Wing Classic Moc Toe Boots. My foot width is slightly bigger than D. In width E RWs, I can wear 8.5 and the length is just right and width is just right or a tad bit touchy. The size 9 length feels a bit long and width is just perfect. Would I be better off going for 9D or 9E in the Indy boots?

thought you guys might appreciate these, 17 year old Belgian Army boots, I bought these when I was like 14-15...

Today they are back in action cause I'm going to the first summer festival of the season here in Belgium, Graspop Metal Meeting.

339h7ix.jpg

35n3o75.jpg