Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

We might be looking at a group MTO on a Sargent veldtschoen boot, watch this space...

I will watch this space with interest !

Would want a commando sole though ....Lol Mind you havent stepped in dog shite with a commando sole ...yet !!!

I will watch this space with interest !

Would want a commando sole though ....Lol Mind you havent stepped in dog shite with a commando sole ...yet !!!

More to follow when I have a lead on the price and possibilities.

AS are so highly regarded by those in the know, yet pretty unknown on here...

So I was watching crap TV and an advert for Churchill home insurance came on, with this featured in it.....

5714069352_4ac4224ed1_z.jpg

William Lennon!?

Hahaha, is indeed, great news they've gone mainstream!

We might be looking at a group MTO on a Sargent veldtschoen boot, watch this space...

If you're after a veldtschoen because of the Lotus, I'd take a Sargent over the Cheaney because of the leather - the AS uses zug whereas the Cheaney uses country grain.

THe more I think about this, the more I think it's a better match with AS than with Tricker's. And there are those who believe that AS MTO are better. I love Tricker's but I think AS have more of a track record on the zug and the veldt...

Don't they?

customculford2.jpg

AS Culford in burgundy, courtesy clontonf on askandy

Nice looking and $50. Can't beat it. It's an added bonus that it's from Alden. Great pickup.

I need to add pics of my collection. My Indys have been worn at least 4 days a week for the last 8 months. I also have some black shell cordovan leathersole Pitt boots, cigar nst chukkas, color 8 Alden for jcrew cap toes and leathersole long wings. If I have a chance I'll snap some pics this weekend.

This evening I made a call to Mister Freedom and ordered a pair of their "road champs". I can't wait to put some wear into them things.

So I got a call from White's yesterday.

they told me they had just finished fixing the squeaky heel counter and were putting the boot back together when the repair guy "ripped up the welt". I'm not sure what the guy on the phone meant about this, but he said they'd be able to repair it but since I'd just gotten the boots they wanted to make me a new pair. They offered to do them up in 10.5D this time which I think will be more comfortable - but I'm not looking forward to having to break them in again...and in the dead of summer. But I am very happy that they told me about what happened and gave me a call. I think I'd be a little upset if I got my boots back and they were messed up and gerrry rigged. It'll be another 4-6 weeks before I get my new pair, but thats ok.

thanks again to White's for being such a great company.

seems like everyone is waiting on their pairs.... No complaints with the company at all... Like Wesco, they really work with you to make you happy.

Like this?

100veldtsc.jpg

But with speed hooks.

That would probably be the 'base' design, but possibly in a different leather and maybe with no stitching on the toe, or possibly even a proper toecap.

Tricker's are releasing some new patterns soon, the 'TT' range? Beyond that I know little, but the designs look to be military-inspired.

'Pologies for the small pics, these are all I have at the moment:

stt3.jpg

These ones below, with the shin guard, are very similar to a WW2 pair I was watching on eBay recently:

stt1.jpg

The last is brand new, although I understand that it's similar to the 4497s last.

I'm not sure if these patterns will be going on general sale yet, although I can find out about getting them MTO once I have some more info...

Did you see on face book white's had a "beaver tail" leather at one time? I've never, ever seen beaver tail as a leather option but some guy had a pair of whites made with it....

Going to add some eye candy and spam simultaneously here.

Red Wing GT in Cigar (9016). Had my cobbler modify the heel (which makes it a bit more attractive, imo).

So...I have the 899s in a 9.5. They fit great. Same last as the GT. These are a 9.5. They don't fit so great, and I don't want to break them in only for them to keep not fitting great. They will be up in the Supermarket if anyone's interested.

I'll be taking a damn loss on these. I dig my pics though.

DSC_0620.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0636.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

All this White's chat made me snap some pics. Starting a new job in June, so these will go from being my daily beaters to my occasional beaters. I've hauled wood and climbed trees in these for maybe a thousand hours, and they've held up to all of it.

o7kgtd.jpg

w7n6o1.jpg

15quijt.jpg

2rfx2k3.jpg

The (growing) family

x3v5tt.jpg