Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Malton returned today from Shoehealer with a commando sole replacing the original leather outer sole . Whilst i love the job done on the stitching the most striking feature is the vastly improved contrasting finish to the outer edges of the sole/heels which is better than the original Trickers finish . Not a great pic tho ,that doesnt really do the boots justice .

006-4.jpg

Nice job. is this the itsrubber sole? And what was the bill?

Paul ,

No its not the ITSHIDE (used by Cheaney) but none of the commando soled Trickers boots/shoes I have tried on in The Bureau have had an ITSHIDE sole either .

Bill was £50 + postage and job done in 3 days . Richard is very personable and they do customer service !!

Malton returned today from Shoehealer with a commando sole replacing the original leather outer sole . Whilst i love the job done on the stitching the most striking feature is the vastly improved contrasting finish to the outer edges of the sole/heels which is better than the original Trickers finish . Not a great pic tho ,that doesnt really do the boots justice .

I had the same finish done to the resoled Burfords, as I requested. Looks miles better...he explains what he did to them on the website:

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Goodyear_Welted_Repairs_and_Modifications/Modifications_and_Repairs/Tricker_s_Burford_Repaired_2215.html

They sew the welt by hand? Wow...

Actually sewing the welt by hand is easier than sewing the outsole onto the welt. I can't imagine how they can sew through all that leather and rubber. Takeshi Okyuyama also sews the welt on by hand. It is by no means an easy feat.

Here is Marcel from Koronya Budapest sewing a welt on.

aga41JiDSDQ

Compare that to a welting machine, the machine can do it in seconds.

This guy definitely has a Rapid E or Landis. The stitching is so neat. Nice job.

He warned me that the stitching wouldn't be so neat on the Lotus boots, because of using the machine on a veldtschoen build, but it looks alright to me - took delivery of the boots today, adding some life to the old leather as I type...will post pics tomorrow.

Another good vid, the process looks painstaking...

Superfuture,

I want to introduce myself and invite you to ask me questions about White's, Wesco, Nick's, Shoe repair and any other topics you would like. I know a lot of you have ordered from our web store before, www.bakershoe.com, and I want to give a sincere THANK YOU.

I will try my best to keep in contact on this forum, but want to let you know I am available via email at [email protected] all the time as well.

Thanks again,

Kyle

Baker's Shoes and Clothing

www.bakershoe.com

Superfuture,

I want to introduce myself and invite you to ask me questions about White's, Wesco, Nick's, Shoe repair and any other topics you would like. I know a lot of you have ordered from our web store before, www.bakershoe.com, and I want to give a sincere THANK YOU.

I will try my best to keep in contact on this forum, but want to let you know I am available via email at [email protected] all the time as well.

Thanks again,

Kyle

Baker's Shoes and Clothing

www.bakershoe.com

Welcome Kyle!!

Just had a box waiting for me when I got home tonight... From Bakers and contained my new Semi Dress. I don't remember getting an email from them, but there it was.

Question for those who have them... how tight were yours when you got them. My left foot is snug, but the right is tight, digging into the sides of my foot....

Am I screwed with this pair?

This guy is a great resource, he's helped me with orders and questions many times. Baker's runs an excellent business.

Welcome Kyle!

As usual my US doppelganger speaks the truth.

Welcome to the future Kyle.

Edit: Happy Hooligan - I'd say you should send them back for adjustment at least. They do look good though! I look forward to mine, although I did just ask Kyle to lower the heel by 1/4 inch.