Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Those look nice, I hope you sort out the problem. How's the fit, particularly in relation to other boots i.e. Stow's, Barker's or any Aldens?

They came out alright (thanks, riff :D), I suppose!

imag0010rx.jpg

With the Stows:

imag0014y.jpg

Can't comment in relation to Barkers or Aldens, but these are half a size less than what I'd consider my 'true' size and fit well - it helped that I was able to try on a couple of pairs locally before going for them.

Definitely the most elegant boot I own, although they're up against several pairs of Tricker's so that was never going to be a close call :D

Compared to Trickers Stow, C&J coniston fit is slimmer in the toebox, If you have any sort of width in your feet you might need to go up a half.

Compared to Alden trubalance: I wear a UK9 in C&J and a US9 in most Alden

Compared to Trickers Stow, C&J coniston fit is slimmer in the toebox, If you have any sort of width in your feet you might need to go up a half.

Compared to Alden trubalance: I wear a UK9 in C&J and a US9 in most Alden

Thanks to you as well as the brummie.

Here are my new,

Whites BountyHunter in Horween Black Chromexcel

55 - (Semidress) Last

nickel eyes and hooks

single leather midsole

vibram composite half sole

1/4" lower standard heel

natural edge

leather lined

I'm in love.....

thanks again for all the help on this forum..

those are perfect! where can i have a pair made when I have enough $?

Looks like swing, but maybe the cap and close trim are deceiving.

don't they belong to someone here?

Yes, me. :o

Could have sworn I ordered standard last, though.

Cant say I dont like them but its one of those things...

EDIT: Where did I get the idea of that they dont cap the #38 last?

Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style)

So whats plain toe style?

I'm just about to order a pair of White's Semi Dress.

Can the folks that have Black Cherry Water Buffalo or Burgundy French Calf boots please post some pics?

Thanks!

I prefer the WB. A lot more supple without loosing strength.

the french calf feels almost plastic to me.

dsc_0067.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

The size 10's went for $501 and size 11's for $426.

I really wish I was either of those two sizes. I would have easily dropped that money for them.

I have a question and was hoping some of the boot experts here could help me out.

The job that I'm starting in the next few months requires that I wear a steel toe boot that meets OSHA standards. Initially this was not a problem because Baker's had a steel toe option when customizing a pair of Bounty Hunters. However, I spoke with them today and was informed that White's will not put a steel toe on the Semi-Dress last. If I want to stick with White's, the folks at Baker's say my current options are Smoke Jumpers or Packers.

Basically, does anyone here have any suggestions for boots with a steel toe. I want something that I can also wear casually, that's what attracted me to the Bounty Hunters. I really wasn't looking for a huge 8 to 12 inch boot, but I'm afraid that's all White's has to offer.

Feel free to PM me, as I don't want to clutter up the thread.

I have a question and was hoping some of the boot experts here could help me out.

The job that I'm starting in the next few months requires that I wear a steel toe boot that meets OSHA standards. Initially this was not a problem because Baker's had a steel toe option when customizing a pair of Bounty Hunters. However, I spoke with them today and was informed that White's will not put a steel toe on the Semi-Dress last. If I want to stick with White's, the folks at Baker's say my current options are Smoke Jumpers or Packers.

Basically, does anyone here have any suggestions for boots with a steel toe. I want something that I can also wear casually, that's what attracted me to the Bounty Hunters. I really wasn't looking for a huge 8 to 12 inch boot, but I'm afraid that's all White's has to offer.

you can customize the smoke jumper through baker's shoe to be a 6inch boot if you like. that'd be what i'd do.

I've seen some information on japanese white's dealer web shop.

they said that steel toe make toe part leather worn out

faster than single celastic toe.

I've seen some information on japanese white's dealer web shop.

they said that steel toe make toe part leather worn out

faster than single celastic toe.

This is a problem that you're going to encounter with any steel toe boot... it's unavoidable. From my understanding, the celastic toe is simply a reinforcement for the toe box and not in any way a replacement for a steel toe. And to comply with my company (as well as gov't regulations), I have to have a steel toe boot.

This is a problem that you're going to encounter with any steel toe boot... it's unavoidable. From my understanding, the celastic toe is simply a reinforcement for the toe box and not in any way a replacement for a steel toe. And to comply with my company (as well as gov't regulations), I have to have a steel toe boot.

it might be worth trying william lennon

http://www.williamlennon.co.uk

they make many types of work boot and may be able to sort you out something