Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I've had my pair for nearlytwo years now with no problems. Although the 1st pair I got I sent back to the factory cause the leather looked so crappy. They took a look at them called me about a week after I mailed them and apologized, said something about some bad leather making it's way into their supply, and gave me a full refund. I got a new pair from the same retailer and they've been great.

I had a request to show the toes of my custom wescos... I'll call them tomorrow to find out if I did the motorcycle toe or the western...

Sorry to keep showing them, but I keep getting requests on these...

DSC04084.jpg

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04080.jpg

DSC04081.jpg

shoot, keep showing them. they are probably my favorite boot in the thread, not to mention one of the few that actually fit the description.

I guess it's a matter of opinion. Some people like the look of their favorite shoes look nice super fucked up. I think my aldens looks better with wear

DSC_0017.jpg

^ I'm definitely in that group of people who like their shoes beat to shit.

My favorite semi-retired 3 year old Clarks db's:

cd005f8f.jpg

While "beat to shit" is definitely a part of my joy for the type of shoes in this thread, the upkeep (waxing, polishing, general maintenance) is a big part of what makes this whole thing special...Anyone can beat up a pair of boots/shoes but it's the work and effort one puts in to the upkeep that makes a world of difference when talking about aging well, patina, beauty over time, etc. (esp. for fine leathers ie: cordovan)

Or maybe I'm just a hippie?

While "beat to shit" is definitely a part of my joy for the type of shoes in this thread, the upkeep (waxing, polishing, general maintenance) is a big part of what makes this whole thing special...Anyone can beat up a pair of boots/shoes but it's the work and effort one puts in to the upkeep that makes a world of difference when talking about aging well, patina, beauty over time, etc. (esp. for fine leathers ie: cordovan)

Shoe maintenance can be great fun...maybe I'm a freak but polishing my Boots is like a meditation sometimes :o

nope. the real beauty is in a pair that have been well worn but well taken care of. for me the most interesting pairs are these. like you said, patina is a huge part of it and it doesn't come from destroying things.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I definitely agree with all of you. These unfortunately have developed holes in the soles, hence semi-retired and "beat to shit". But they are incredibly comfortable and I love the fit. I have a nice well worn pair of beeswax db's and florsheim monk strap's that get a lot of care and attention. Pictures of those on the way.

Cosign to being a hippie.:cool:

Well, I guess next time I shine my shoes or whatever, I will post that shit. Just though it was a pseudo evo thread. (aldens have been shined 2 times in 4.5 months. If that makes someone feel better :D)

Well, I guess next time I shine my shoes or whatever, I will post that shit. Just though it was a pseudo evo thread. (aldens have been shined 2 times in 4.5 months. If that makes someone feel better :D)

I didn't think yours look abused or anything. I was just making a general statement.

so i just managed to get my first pair of Aldens, the Context Roys. These are incredible, to say the least, but it seems that the boot is a bit tight around the sides of the foot and around the sides of the heel. It wasn't hard to put them on, but i could feel how tight it was. I'm sure i'd be able to walk in them but i havent tried in case i need to return them. would going a half size up be better? or, since its the horween leather, would the stretching make them fine? they seem to fit perfectly, literally like a glove without much noticeable tightness, when i wear them with no socks, just to give an idea of what im talking about.