Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Red Wings just arrived. Is there an easier way to break these in besides oiling them? I'll put pics up soon.

I'm sorry but those are truemonstrosities

Say what you want, but regardless if I had said they were almost any other shoe brand no one would have even commented on them. Still, they are unlike 99% of the crap that Diesel puts out and are one of the (very) few shoes Diesel has contracted to be made in Italy. Plus, for $40 new, you can't find anything even close by another brand.

I invite others to show their shoes that have developed with age; it seems like mostly people are now posting pics of shoes they have just bought or crap out of catalogs as opposed to what this thread is intended for.

no hate ;) just trying to overcome preconceived notions that bias responses.\

What, no love for Dior? Everyone wants chunky hiking boots now? Low profile will always be classic and more versatile, and I'm pretty sure Freddie was known for his white adidas w/black stripes, which ironically would be closer to the white oxfords you're expecting on Thurs Morse :D

Say what you want, but regardless if I had said they were almost any other shoe brand no one would have even commented on them. Still, they are unlike 99% of the crap that Diesel puts out and are one of the (very) few shoes Diesel has contracted to be made in Italy. Plus, for $40 new, you can't find anything even close by another brand.

I invite others to show their shoes that have developed with age; it seems like mostly people are now posting pics of shoes they have just bought or crap out of catalogs as opposed to what this thread is intended for.

Something that looks like a cross between a sneaker and a brougue will recieve flack.

Now that it also have a strap (on) i hereby declare this shooting range for open.

It looks like shit.

fuuuck, dhl offered my Roy boots yesterday (wasnt home) I Have to pay an additional 140 euro taxes and vat... Talk about a joy killer

Excuse my newbiness as i haven't owned a pair of aldens. I was wondering if someone could tell me how much of a difference there is between a C and D width in the Indy boot. I believe I'm a pretty standard width - i have both redwing 875 and wolverine 1000 mile boots both in D widths. I have a chance at buying a pair of used Indys in my size but in a C width and i wasn't sure if i was asking for trouble if i pulled the trigger. Thanks in advance for any replies.

^^Usually, if you go down one width you should size up 1/2 to one full size in length. If you normally fit into a D width, and you think there's some room and could even work with a narrower size without being too uncomfortable you might try a C. Might be worth it to buy and check it out especially if you can get a good deal on the Indy boot.

Try to get your foot measured with a brannock device somewhere. If you turn out to be a D width then I would recommend you buy the right size, since they will be uncomfortable long after the cheap price has been forgotten.

I wear an 11 C in the Indy boot and glad I waited to get a C as I feel a D would be too wide.

In just average type shoes, a D doesn't make a huge difference. But in a fitted boot like the Aldens, go with your right letter size...

maybe it's the lighting, but it's crazy how dark those turned pomata. looking great though.

Got my White's oxfords in today. What an amazing shoe - all the same quality and details as my smoke jumpers. Leather is unreal.

Sadly I'm returning. They're a touch too big and I want a double stitched welt. Time to wait 4-6 weeks again:(.

29dfptg.jpg

o8drb9.jpg

htsh8g.jpg

2qmd9ux.jpg

Did you know Morse that you can order those oxfords directly from White's aswell (assuming you bought those from Baker's)? Price is tad more expensive, but you get them made to your own measurements

(since you were having some sizing issues..)

picked up my Roy boots yesterday from the post office , as said I had to pay 140 euro on taxes and VAT but luckily Context sweetened the deal with a pair of Alden shoe trees ; thanks a lot Context :-)

Roy boots looks magnificent and fit perfect; I'm amazed how 'soft' they walk, its like wearing an overpriced sneaker (and i mean that in a good way)