Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

sophnetxdannerpc8.jpg

what are these? must have them.

sorry for the 800 posts in a row... making up for lost time.

Those look oddly incogruouis to me but then again I am not a denim junkie like a lot of you lot - plus I'm apparently older than a significant chunk of people here :D . Something about the sole with the heavy lacing and blobbiness...

Anyway! Daaaamn kids, get off my lawn! And turn down that music!

mlproject, danner is a manufacturer of high quality boots, especially known for their military boots. they are currently used by the u.s. armed forces.

those aldens you liked are their shell cordovan wingtips. a classic shoe, you can get it in different colors.

although danner is not one of favorites in terms of looks, many combat and personal protection professionals swear by them...

mlproject, danner is a manufacturer of high quality boots, especially known for their military boots. they are currently used by the u.s. armed forces.

those aldens you liked are their shell cordovan wingtips. a classic shoe, you can get it in different colors.

although danner is not one of favorites in terms of looks, many combat and personal protection professionals swear by them...

Don't sleep on the DANNER+FLATHEAD collab. Them shits be off the meat rack.

danner.jpg

Unfortunately they are about $800.

another thing, regarding shoe trees...

Do you people with less dressy boots, like Red WIngs use shoe trees? I dont, but Im lazy and maybe its a good idea before the creasing gets out of control.

Hell, I even use shoetrees in my battered Bexley leather "sneakers"; why not avoid the creases if it is that simple :)

i'm mainly looking for a boot like those danners with the D-ring lacing down to the toe. after visvim using that style on one of their shoes it reminded me that i gave up trying to find some. i'd grab the visvim boots, but they don't make my size.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope nobody was looking at these on eBay, I don't want to fuck up and post your secret almost-score. But if I hadn't just bought about a dozen pair of shoes over the past few months I would get them, but I just can't buy anything else. But I didn't want to let these go, so maybe another Superfuturian would get in on these:

Vintage Alden wingtip wing oxford loafer shoes 10 1/2

For less than $10, these need a good home.

Can anyone recommend decent hard wearing chukkas? I really like the alden cordovans, but I don t think they would hold up too well in ice/snow/salt. I ve also looked at the red wing 595s but I don t like the look of the norseman leather. If they made them in the original leather I would buy, but they don t.

Anyone have any experience with clarks desert boot? How does the crepe sole do on ice?

EDIT:

Just found these:

http://www.redwingshoe-europe.com/Default.aspx?tabid=339

and these:

http://www.redwingshoe-europe.com/Default.aspx?tabid=340

Thats what I am looking for... Any know how I can get a hold of these?

Care question here:

For those that weart their boots in the wet/snow, how do you stop from getting those ripple, raised, shitty, spots on the bottom of the boot where it meets the sole from the water? I try to mink oil them quite often and get these raised sections still. Sucks like crazy.

Thank you

looking at a pair of alden monkstraps on ebay, but the price looks like it might climb. anyone could advise on what price i should stay in up till?

i do know for a fact a few people on styleforum might be watching the same item...i don't want to go against them but i'd just like to check what's a decent price to be paying.

f5fd_1.JPG

auction claims front uppers are mint, but some indentations and wrinkles on back panels.

help would be very much appreciated :)

looking at a pair of alden monkstraps on ebay, but the price looks like it might climb. anyone could advise on what price i should stay in up till?

I would stay till $250 but they might go higher. I don't see a reason paying around 300-350 if for one more bill you can get new ones. But at the end they are only worth as much as you want to pay for them.