Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Those look fantastic. What last are those on? 82?

Almost makes me want another pair... unfortunately, EG's lasts don't seem to quite fit as well as I'd like in the shaft and heel of the boot. (I need a lower instep volume and skinnier ankles.) For that price, I want them to be as close to perfect as possible.

Tom, does EG do last adjustments on their MTO?

Those look fantastic. What last are those on? 82?

Almost makes me want another pair... unfortunately, EG's lasts don't seem to quite fit as well as I'd like in the shaft and heel of the boot. (I need a lower instep volume and skinnier ankles.) For that price, I want them to be as close to perfect as possible.

Tom, does EG do last adjustments on their MTO?

Albert,

Yes, 82. I have them in stock in a few sizes in Black, Dark Oak, and Dark Oak w/Mocca Suede. You could say I went a little crazy with the Shannons for stock. :P

They don't really do last adjustments, however, they can add strips of leather to lasts when the shoes are lasted. So, if you wanted to persay add width in the toes to a UK C width to make it more like a D and keep the heel width a C, that can be done. It's not an exact science though so the end results aren't 100%.

Yes, 82. I have them in stock in a few sizes in Black, Dark Oak, and Dark Oak w/Mocca Suede. You could say I went a little crazy with the Shannons for stock. :P

Considering that I don't know of any other EG stockist that actually has even has 1 pair of Shannons in stock, I think you went insane. Kudos to you for actually carrying one of EG's most fantastic shoes so that people can actually try them on before buying a pair!

Maybe you guys can help me make a decision for my next pair of boots.

I want to get a pair of the Red Wing GTs in black but I have my name down for a pair of the Black Alden Indys. The GTs will have a different look and I really like the way Coleslaw's have aged.

I also like the suede RW Iron Rangers that were posted a few pages back since I don't have a pair of boots in that color.

Which should I get?

I want to get a pair of the Red Wing GTs in black but I have my name down for a pair of the Black Alden Indys. The GTs will have a different look and I really like the way Coleslaw's have aged.

I also like the suede RW Iron Rangers that were posted a few pages back since I don't have a pair of boots in that color.

Which should I get?

the indies and the iron rangers :P

Which should I get?

I'll go with the Iron Rangers since its so different from the GT's and Aldens. I'm looking forward to see those Black Indy's.

^ are those like a 10 inches boot?

It's more like a 8" boot.

If you were considering the Cherry GTs, I would tell you to get those. The leather is unique, incredible. But in black, they aren't quite as stunning.

Which should I get?

I found the shape of the Iron Rangers a lot better looking in person than the GT's. The last it a little curvier, and slightly upturned, which I like....

Here're some White's Customs I don't think I've photographed before: Semi-Dress in Burgundy Water Buffalo. Natural edge stain and the Western sole (vibram #269). Copper Hardware, with eyelets all the way up.

photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Best shot I could manage to show the true texture of the leather....The Water Buffalo is soft and crinkly, with a shiny glazing. As they break in, they really wrap around the foot nicely, and give the effect of the old Kangaroo skin boots of the 1920's and 30's. All White's done in this hide will be leather lined in cream glove leather, as the Buffalo itself is not sturdy enough to maintain lasting.

photo-6.jpg