Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Just got Indys in snuff suede and wanted to let you guys know before I posted on my website. Only 2-3 pairs of each size, 6-11.5D. Snuff is like a mid brown with a reddish brown tone.

i'm almost afraid to ask as my ultimates are on their way, but how much?

I would just like to thank Tom and Greg for all the sizing advice for my ultimate indies...

now I'll be playing the waiting-game I guess...

oh and a question for Kiya, will those captoes be available with a non-cuban heel and commando soles?

Has anyone got an Indy boot wear updates?

I had a re-heel job done just this last Friday. No photos, but after about 3 months wear on a new pair of stock (no resole job) Indies, I just had it re-heeled at Alex's in NYC. Just the rubber heel part, which I had worn about half-way down. Alex has the ortho-shaped heels in stock from Soletech. In the shoe and orthopedic industry, these are called Thomas heels, to correct over-pronation. But they look and feel cool too.

P9041947_lg.jpg

Indiana Jones report - Especially for us Indy-boot geeks! You see 90% of the Indy boots in the first 10 minutes of the movie. He's running and being chased around an airplane hangar in Roswell, New Mexico. His boots look like stock Indies, very worn on the sides and all the way around the leather below the moc-stitch. The quality of the wear looks like they'd been around for like 10 years, but the edges of the wear are a bit too neat and crisp to have really develpoed that way naturally. At one point, for maybe 1/4 of a second, you have a direct view of the bottom of the sole. I distinguished the neoprene sole material, and the logo/writing on the heel was clear enough to make out - though my eyes hadn't been expecting that angle, so were looking like 20-degrees elsewhere. Of course the sole and heel look lots less weathered than the uppers, though it would be the opposite in real life.

Later on, he changes into his tweedy professor suit, and later one he's in a semi-formal situation. In both those cases, you get a quick flash of brown low-cut shoes. They look like brogues. The Alden guys in NYC say that Harrison Ford is already wearing Alden every time he comes into the shop. I can't remember the models.

For the finale he changes back to his Indy outfit and you see the same carefully weathered and worn-down boots.

The film is set in 1957. The younger character played by Shia LaBeouf is kind of a greaser-biker Brando-type dude. He wears what look like LVCs and engineer boots. I couldn't make out what brand. And even though his jeans were rolled, I couldn't make out if they were selvedge or not. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD in order to examine those details....

thanks alot!!

but I am confused

that some pics seems to be more orange-ish and some seems to be more brown-ish, but they were both label c'shade

7292_1_top.jpg

I think these are Marron, not cshade. I have a pair in Marron and they look exactly like this.

Greg, I was pretty sure I saw the selvage seam on Shia's cuffed LVCs. I'm surprised his Levi's seemed that slim, actually. And he was wearing black engineer boots for sure.

Did anybody else notice how horrible Harrison Ford's pants fit. They had horrible pleats and the material seems very light and silky, which seems like what you wouldn't want if you needed something durable for doing all the stuff Indy does. The tweed suits were alright but I think I just don't like how a 3-button suit looks. The bow ties were very nice looking, though.

And HammerHill, I did notice that but they looked black IIRC.

I had a re-heel job done just this last Friday. No photos, but after about 3 months wear on a new pair of stock (no resole job) Indies, I just had it re-heeled at Alex's in NYC. Just the rubber heel part, which I had worn about half-way down. Alex has the ortho-shaped heels in stock from Soletech. In the shoe and orthopedic industry, these are called Thomas heels, to correct over-pronation. But they look and feel cool too.

P9041947_lg.jpg

definitely let us know how your soletech feel and wear. my cat's paws thomas heels greg at eddie's recommended have been a great match for my indys -- very comfortable. and i like the way they look too. i also feel like it's been wearing down slower than the cat's paws on my semi dress, perhaps because of how the boots are designed. there seem to be less stress on the heels when i walk in my indys.

IMG_2130.jpg

Indiana Jones report

The film is set in 1957. The younger character played by Shia LaBeouf is kind of a greaser-biker Brando-type dude. He wears what look like LVCs and engineer boots. I couldn't make out what brand. And even though his jeans were rolled, I couldn't make out if they were selvedge or not. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD in order to examine those details....

I was really surprised at how much he looked like Marlon Brando from The Wild One. First he's representing Mr. Brando, down to the ringer tee. Then he's representing Brendan Fraser from George in the Jungle. Very snoozing.

Also, I'm not sure anyone else noticed this but the motorcycle he was riding had a Harley Davidson Evo V-twin in it. That engine wouldn't be produced for another 30 years after that movie was set. The motorcycle was such a bad representation of a 40s-50s era Harley it was pathetic.

I'm going to stop my rant now because to be quite honest, I was really let down by this film.

^Please start a good Motorcycle thread, someone recently tried but already failed with the title and put something like "crotch rocket" in the tags...

More on topic, it did indeed look like Indy's "girlfriend" was also wearing indy's, best seen while jumping aorund cars in the jungle chase scene...

Chicken - I feel the Alden OEM heel wore out pretty quickly, and the Cat's Paws heel I got from Jim's here in NY wore even more quickly. Hope your new CP heel lasts longer! I walk a lot on concrete and asphalt here in NYC and will let you know how the SoleTech lasts.

Denim Phenom - I didn't notice the age of the motorcycle's engine, but did think it looked too recent. They could have done a lot better.

Ringer tee? I wasn't familiar with the term so I looked it up. most places like this T-shirt history site say that the collar and sleeves are ringed with a different color. Did I miss something in the movie, or was Mutt Williams' t-shirt just white?

you know, I might be mistaken but I think Karen Allen's character was wearing indy boots, too. Anyone else notice that?

I looked, but in a few flashes they looked low-top to me, and the moc stitching was thicker than Aldens. I'd have to freeze it on a DVD....

I've seen conan o'brien wearing cuffed selvage LVC 47s in a sketch bit, also seen him wear AE Leeds during his show, or possibly the Alden version

Karen Allen had Indy style boots, Shia LeBoef was actually pretty cool and I was on selvage watch and was pretty sure he had, but the movie was overall shitty.

I looked, but in a few flashes they looked low-top to me, and the moc stitching was thicker than Aldens. I'd have to freeze it on a DVD....
I walked out of the cinema feeling sick. Not sure what to make of that. The guys on the indy fourm are SURE they are aldens. But durring the film I'm 100% sure I saw a REAL hand stitched moc toe on her boots. Heres a production shot that had her shoes in it. marionshoes.jpg The unlaced deal always throws me off. They sort of dont look like aldens. If you look closely it looks like theres stitching along the heel counter. Here's some alden wear pictures for all you junkies out there. my pair...which are for sale...next to the first pair of boots I ever bought. (when I was 11) Picture013.jpg and these aren't mine, but its a pair of alden boots that are 7 years old, just back from the alden restoration service. aldensrepairedcow.jpgaldensrepairedcow2.jpg