Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

hmm, disagree somewhat, quality is about the same as CJ, although I suppose its rational to expect to pay more for dress shoes than country shoes

C&J do country boots and shoes too, though - the Snowdon, Arran, Veldt, Islay, Skye et al are all in a different quality league to Tricker's (or at least amongst the boots I own), although I ackowledge that they appeal to different aesthetics.

Tricker's have pushed their country boot prices up from £285 to £355 in a matter of months, which strikes me as the company trying to either cash in on their new-found 'cool' with their numerous collaborations, or to put themselves in the same bracket as the more refined C&J. And I think we'll see Alfred Sargent, when they reappear in September, to be the priciest of the triumvirate...

ben you're right, initially when i had the first notion to pick up a pair of malton's last year during november, they still cost south of £285 which i was already trying to find funds for. then when they started to increase their pricing till today's £355, i questioned myself on whether i was still willing to pay that much for a pair of maltons. i thought about picking up a pair from the ebay shop but then just after david (i think that was his name) came back from a bank holiday, the prices shot up another £25. this might not seem much after contemplating to spend £200 but irks me somewhat after i am almost so close to making a purchase. at £355, i find myself wondering if i should pick up something else up one quality notch instead even though it might cost more..

at £355, i find myself wondering if i should pick up something else up one quality notch instead even though it might cost more..

Agree totally.

Love my Stows (a £90 purchase!) but for £355? If I were to be in the market for a brogue boot, I'd pay the extra £30 and get an Islay or Skye, for example...

in the Trickers quality debate:

I have heard C&J use a better quality of hide, the same quality as Edward Green in fact.

Trickers are certainly less elegant, the broguing is less refined.

Overall, £355 for trickers, I wouldn't pay that much. It's not just trickers though, the price of C&J have also increased, I paid £310 for my Skye a few years ago. At the time Trickers were £275 I believe.

Pics of my Rannoch and Malton . The Rannoch have come up really well with the Trickers espresso ploish . I have been applying this very lightly to the Malton to darken them a bit too , pic doesn't really show off the colur though .

001-23.jpg

003-15.jpg

005-7.jpg

006-6.jpg

For Mike - as promised!

I'm going to try & put what I've learned in photo class to good use! Always admired the kind of shots eltopo posts of his stuff - well, I can dream, can't I?? ;)

alden1.jpg

alden2.jpg

alden3.jpg

alden4.jpg

alden5.jpg

catpaw1.jpg

heel1.jpg

Going to have to get this repaired!

repairy.jpg

And a bonus shot - just because it's summer & I discovered these little guys on my window-sill!

babyrobinssmall.jpg

Lotus veldtschoen shoes in a UK 7.5 on eBay for £25, including shoebox. The model name on the shoebox is given as 'Stirling', whereas the bumfph inside the box mentions 'Monaco', possibly for a different Lotus model.

If these were my size, I'd have jumped on these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320723773101&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Spent today mooching round Oxford, and popped into Ducker and Son, on Turl Street...some lovely shoes there (no pics, regrettably, but I've used a stock picture below to brighten up this post) but a lot seemed, to my eye, to be rebranded shoes from other manufacturers.

scaled.php?server=12&filename=1338200798671e1941d5.jpg&res=medium

They had a veldt boot there which was quite clearly a Cheaney Pennine (a lovely boot indeed, Paul!). The friendly cobbler/manager in there made no comment when I suggested that it was a Pennine...he did, however, say that it was an excellent boot but that the Kelso on my feet trumped it.

Fuck all else, shoewise, although Macsamillion had a selection of Tricker's knocked down to £240, including a Ripon and a Malton...

Had'nt even thought about getting a pair of these , they were not on my radar but I put a speculative bid in on Sunday and bought them for £207 . It was just too good a chance to turn down , didnt think I would win them but there you go !! Brand spanking new black Stow with a leather sole . They are f..kin ace . Makes up for letting my Rannoch go at a loss . Stil might sell my Malton to fund a pair of veldt Trickers .

005-8.jpg

003-16.jpg

Short-term overdraft extension. Job done.

That all I need :D I have a wife and son doing full time uni degrees at the moment . Just got screwed for deposit and first month rent on my sons new flat (until he gets paid next of course - lmfao !!! )

any pictures of your maltons mikedbt5? I have the same shoe size...

damn, i was waiting for those lotus shoes to re-appear on ebay :(

missed them by 10minutes

Guest rusholmeruffian

Can anyone help with sizing on Wolverine 1000 mile boots ? Are they like Red Wings , i.e. size down one ?

Can anyone help with sizing on Wolverine 1000 mile boots ? Are they like Red Wings , i.e. size down one ?

I found them to be a bit wider and a bit shorter than Red Wing GT's. About the same as Alden Indy and White's SD.