Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Miz set the tone for the thread, but people are just showing off their shoes not recommending him some shoes. The thread went deeper then his first post suggested.

If people want to see trashed sneakers then people should go ahead and post them.

Miz had the right idea. This thread is a haven away from sneakers and similar disposable wares - it is about things that can last a long time - and keep improving.

To recap:

No sneakers.

so i picked up a pair of old beat up pair of Redwing irish setters 875 from a thrift store the leather still looks good but it could use a buff.

any tips on how to bring the leather back to life? products to use? mink oil seems to be the popular choice but i've read some where that it softens the leather too much.

i use snoseal on my leather products. heat up one area at a time with a hair dryer and work it in by hand then wipe off excess and maybe polish with a brush. it gets real soft when its warm but it stiffens backup and makes it waterproof. it also darkens the leather and gives it a rich hydrated hue which i like.

had a hell of a day at the thrift store today... jil sander sweater for 5, 3 john vartovos (sp???) shirts for 6 each... but no... thats the least of it...

found a pair of vintage deadstock(looks 60s) black cordovan oxfords... in my size. brand is guardsman... union made of course.

20$.

:D

had a hell of a day at the thrift store today... jil sander sweater for 5, 3 john vartovos (sp???) shirts for 6 each... but no... thats the least of it...

found a pair of vintage deadstock(looks 60s) black cordovan oxfords... in my size. brand is guardsman... union made of course.

20$.

:D

Finally some thrifting luck!

Found these amazing badass boots today, and they fit like a glove.

No clue about brand and such, markings on the soles are all worn down, and what's still there is from the new soles that have been put up, inside only has some numbers.

I assume biking boots, and also nothing special but still I like them alot.

Any info anyone?

1509062646_2abe20da76_o.jpg

1508206317_1d400fb439.jpg

1509062954_11200a9438.jpg

1509063908_60a128bc55.jpg

1509061734_88eccf9ec0.jpg

sole isn't in the best condition and there's a pretty big cut on the left shoe wich has been repaired quite cool

1509062076_fb82e76e89.jpg

best representation of the colour, can't figure out if they've originally been black or deep brown.

Today's waywt for a pic of them worn

Just met with Tom to get my Alden Plaza last wing tip boots in #8 colour. They are simply beautiful. As usual, his service is unparalleled and the shoes fit perfectly. Got mine in a 8.5E. Worth the wait!

Will post up pictures someday soon...

I hate you! They don't make them in an EE. Sob. Beautiful, just beautiful.

344186267_07d7ca9e1a.jpg

I've had these for about 4 years now...

Pretty beat up. :)

I have a pair of 8 years old Puma Rome's that are actually hand made...

Has anyone bought those "factory seconds" Redwing boots from ebay? I just got a pair and I can't figure what is wrong with them? They had a little bit of glue on them but nothing a little polishing couldn't take care of. Pretty good deal and I've been eyeing those "europe only" lineman boots for a sometime now.