Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

thank you wgmds and riff,

yeah Riff..

i know,

i am getting the 2021 on my new Whites...

should be here in a week or so they tell me know..

i guess they will def serve as great working boots...

but will skip wearing them on the snow days.:P

i have an pair of Sorels Hood River model i had to grab in a middle of a blizzard two years ago.. that do a good job..

but i am not super in love with.

i am pretty short,

and as much as i would love to rock them out..

the Cairbou's and 1964's type of snow boots just look ridiculous on me..

they come up to my upper calf...

i see plenty of folks wearing the LL bean boots here in NY, but unfortunately there seems to be nowhere to try a pair on to my understanding..

any other recommendations for 6 inch style insulated snow type boots?

thanks...

i see plenty of folks wearing the LL bean boots here in NY, but unfortunately there seems to be nowhere to try a pair on to my understanding..

L.L. Bean does offer reduced cost returns... if those are the boots you are after it might be worth ordering two pairs and returning the one that doesn't fit.

/\ they really are nice boots and will probably be my first pair of aldens but the orvis by me doesnt carry them. I want to get properly fitted and not go through the hassle of buying and returning shoes

love how this looks. I would probably do this to my pair:

dsc2108yp0.jpg

where can I find please!!!

how do you actually size a pair of ll bean duck boots? ive been told they are very oversized?

for me, 41 in common projects, 8 in Aldens, 9-9.5 in Nikes = 8 in LL Bean Duck Boots with the thinsulate lining. (in other words, same as your dress shoes size)

Didn't keep em long though, had the sole come apart a little so I ended up returning them. Sorry, no more pics. Great boots though.

I wouldn't be suprised if my Aviators were the ones you returned. I got them at the Orvis tent sale thinking they were new without box or a floor sample. They were ridiculously cheap. Haven't noticed any problem with the sole though.

As to sizing -- mine are 9's (i.e., true to size). They fit great. I go half down on Barrie last, and true to size on other Alden dress lasts (Hampton, Plaza etc.) Hadn't previously owned anything in Trubalance last.

I'm wearing mid-weight socks in these though. In dress socks, could probably go down a half size, but I don't usually wear dress socks with boots...

happened to look at orvis.co.uk today as was interested to see if the alden boots made the sale, but was surprised to find that they have instead been put up in value by about £70 to £395!!!

outrageous

Looked at those as well yesterday, and that´s not even funny! £395 is CRAZY! For a pair of boots??? C´mon!