Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thanks guys!

Gosh, some fine-ass boots on the last pages.

Riff, are those not slippery on snow/ice?

horsehide thorogood boots look sleek !

riff, Roughouts look great; any particular reason why you decided to go for the vibram christy sole? I have them on my RW 875 and don't really like them. Personally I prefer the vibram 2021 which I will get on my future pair of whites.

denimjunky and slab: For really bad conditions, I'll wear something with a lugged Vibram sole, but otherwise, the Christy isn't too bad. I like the 2021 sole as well (for comfort), but find that - because of the horizontal grooves - it slips sideways something awful in snow or mud.

hieveryone - boots look great! I prefer the original roughout look, and when mud & crap builds up, I just wait for it to dry, then use a wire brush to get it off. No issues so far!

horsehide thorogood boots look sleek !

riff, Roughouts look great; any particular reason why you decided to go for the vibram christy sole? I have them on my RW 875 and don't really like them. Personally I prefer the vibram 2021 which I will get on my future pair of whites.

Yeah, i just did a custom order with whites, but have been speaking with a few different vendors and asked all about the differences between those two vibram soles..

they said the same thing as riff,

that the 4014(Christy) gives more traction, but wears down more uneven,

the 2021 wears down better better for feet that tend to curve in\out ward.

i ended up with a 2021, mostly due to my problem with having all my heels being worn down on the outer parts of my boots.

Here is Vibram specs on:

Vibram #4014 Christy sole

Vibram #2021 Unit sole

beautiful boots Riff..

and hieveryone

Calling all Bay Area Alden fans!

Friday evening at Unionmade in San Francisco will be a special Alden event. Nate Humble from Alden will be in store to answer questions, help with sizing, and share samples and pictures with you. Unionmade will also be previewing their Spring Alden assortment and taking pre-orders. Hope you can make it!

aldeninvited1.jpg

I have had a few people ask me more about my new Real McCoys Rigger boots, so i took some shots to share. They are two months old now, I wear them, and don't baby or shine them, I did treat them with an Obenauf's, and maintain them with Rénovateur if needed.

The cow-hide "glass finish" of the boots were not something i was really sure of upon purchase,I am not a huge fan of high shine boots, but with some usage and wear, the devil inside the details of Real McCoy products is an addiction. I will honestly say these are def not priced friendly at all, but the quality and craftsmanship that has gone into their products is really on a next level, and hard to match if you are looking for a vintage inspired product.

i really look forward to seeing how the years of wear and care will transform these.

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_1.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_2.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_3.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_4.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_5.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_6.jpg

this fit pic is with an IronHeart 301s jean

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll be sure to post pics in 6 months or so for an update.

Christmas-I went over the stitching and welt as well, I just used a two light layers, heat, and a toothbrush so gunk woldn't clog up the seams to bad/change the color.

Davidchan--the stitching on the real mccoy's looks immaculate. good stuff.

Any info on Ian Harold boots around here???? No aussies around?

Wearing my Ian Harold Gardeners today. Brumby bullhide leather. Chelsea work boot, with glued, screwed and stitched composite sole, and bullhide leather flaps that cover the gussets. Fit similar to RM Williams "H" fittings (basically you can size down 1 from U.S. and they'll be kinda wide). Tough boots -- little rougher build than the RMW Yard boot, which would be it's closest competitor (and which I wear almost every day in the winter).

There are pics of someone else's somewhere way up-thread.

Guest naknakBeast
I have had a few people ask me more about my new Real McCoys Rigger boots, so i took some shots to share. They are two months old now, I wear them, and don't baby or shine them, I did treat them with an Obenauf's, and maintain them with Rénovateur if needed.

The cow-hide "glass finish" of the boots were not something i was really sure of upon purchase,I am not a huge fan of high shine boots, but with some usage and wear, the devil inside the details of Real McCoy products is an addiction. I will honestly say these are def not priced friendly at all, but the quality and craftsmanship that has gone into their products is really on a next level, and hard to match if you are looking for a vintage inspired product.

i really look forward to seeing how the years of wear and care will transform these.

i noticed there was no thread for Real McCoys, so i figured this would make a nice entry as well. why not join me~

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_1.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_2.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_3.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_4.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_5.jpg

Real_McCoys_Rigger_Brown_6.jpg

this fit pic is with an IronHeart 301s jean

danggg nice boots.

So here are my White's with two coats of Obenauf's and some light heat. If you compare it to the original colors a couple of pages back, it's pretty different. Personally, I think the original colors were more unique, but these are nice too. But what are you gonna do--with work, slush and international travel these things are gonna be going through, it's probably better to protect them.

5240102228_766ef0af6a.jpg

looks vs protection, gotta agree with that. besides, it's gonna lighten up as the boots wear in. mine's a couple of shades lighter now than when i took the last pic.

wsjvamp.jpg

wsjx.jpg

wsj0.jpg

I don't know if anyone else saw these engineer boots, but they look like they might really be from the late 30s or early 40s. I couldn't manage to get the pictures from the listing, but take a look. Went for a crazy price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250736440053&si=fuXIW9Y4mFKNfRO1YhXiReunshs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT

I don't know if anyone else saw these engineer boots, but they look like they might really be from the late 30s or early 40s. I couldn't manage to get the pictures from the listing, but take a look. Went for a crazy price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250736440053&si=fuXIW9Y4mFKNfRO1YhXiReunshs%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT

I like those... Very nice details on them. I'd say late 40's to early 50's.

The price isn't that crazy if you're okay with MF boot prices....

I like those... Very nice details on them. I'd say late 40's to early 50's.

The price isn't that crazy if you're okay with MF boot prices....

Haha that's true, and these actually might be more reasonable because these may be the only ones left in unused condition.

Wearing my Ian Harold Gardeners today. Brumby bullhide leather. Chelsea work boot, with glued, screwed and stitched composite sole, and bullhide leather flaps that cover the gussets. Fit similar to RM Williams "H" fittings (basically you can size down 1 from U.S. and they'll be kinda wide). Tough boots -- little rougher build than the RMW Yard boot, which would be it's closest competitor (and which I wear almost every day in the winter).

There are pics of someone else's somewhere way up-thread.

Hello,

thank you. I was looking for the pictures and found the post, but the pics were removed...hmmmm...do you mind to post some, if you got any...

Regards

I just recieved a pair of leather All Stars. I like them, but I think the colour should be just a tad darker to be perfect. Is there any way to get them a shade darker? By oiling, waxing, whatever?

I don't have experience with it. But I saw amazing things in this topic, that's why I post here.

I have a pair of Dr. Martens with a raw, leather edge at the top of the boot. After prolonged wear, this edge tends to rub my ankle and make it uncomfortable. Is there any way to fix this problem besides wearing thicker socks or wrapping my ankles before I wear them?