Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Speaking of those wings and horns dayton service boots. If you like them but dont like the price tag you can go into dayton and get them to custom make them for you for significantly less. A buddy of mine just did it or is waiting for them to make them 4 weeks they said. Ill try and get some pics when he receives them.

I have the Redwing Lineman boots in brown(The ABC Mart edition). Got it this year in February when I was in Japan. Most comfortable Redwing I have, no need to break-in even got it half size smaller compare to my other Redwings.

My issue with those boots is not one of aesthetics, but rather ethics. If you want details, search the thread.

Hmmm, all I found in a search was a story about how W+H shat on you as a customer and therefore you didn't think they were worth $700 (agreed) and that you wouldn't do business with them again.

Nothing about ethical issues with W+H or Dayton. To be clear, is the leather taken from baby pandas harvested for their gall bladders or something, or is your hate just a personal vendetta against the retailer?

dsc_0131_797137.jpg

Quoted once again for it's pure awesomeness.

Do you know what day that groupon is going to be up?

I fucking hate those boots and I want to vomit every time I see them. Blah!

In other news, Dayton has an upcoming groupon offer where $25 gets you $100 towards a purchase (with up to two groupons on a boot, i.e. up to $150 off). Locals only, but I hope to investigate what kind of makeups are available. I wonder if they can make something similar to a Bounty Hunter...

Speaking of those wings and horns dayton service boots. If you like them but dont like the price tag you can go into dayton and get them to custom make them for you for significantly less. A buddy of mine just did it or is waiting for them to make them 4 weeks they said. Ill try and get some pics when he receives them.

Would love to see pictures of these when they arrive, because last time I tried to do this, I got an email back saying they could not do it because it was exclusive to wings+horns. after, they proceeded to redirect me to a pair they COULD offer me, which looked nothing like them, in fact it looked to be part rough-out part their standard leather. :confused:

Hey, slide. Thanks!

Yes, white's loggers. They have an enforced toe-box in terms of leather, not steel toe.

Will do pics when the occasion arises, sir.

Bought from here:

http://www.wow-mt.com/

nice boots, but is that a broke back website?

I need some help deciding the fate of these boots:

photo-9.jpg

I'm definitely getting the heel replaced with the classic heel, but should I also get rid of the midsole? I feel like it's clashing with the dressiness of the black french calf leather.

morse: Yeah, I was thinking of going with a single leather and remove the vibram entirely. Tapered heel is a must.

slide: I don't know, I just feel like removing the rubber gives me more options. The leather is so shiny that I can almost wear it as a dress shoe (or a semi-dress shoe, go figure). The rubber isn't as versatile, I think.