Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I love all of those. It's a shame it's in collaboration with Beams though. I'm going to assume that means the largest size they will make is like a size 9. :mad:

Great models though.....the mocc toe chukka and the bison boot particularly.

Edit: Yeah it's on the Munson last....a military last named for the US Army officer who designed it back in the 19th cent. It's an oversized last designed to fit a wide variety of foot types comfortably. A lot of the boots in this thread are on variants of it....Red Wing IR's and Gt's for instance.

I went with my normal size of 8.5, but should have gone with an 8. I just put in some insoles to suck up some of the room and now they feel great.

Not as heavy as I was expecting with the steel toe, but they're still pretty beefy.

And is that the black oddessa or the oiled leather?

Here are some quick fit pics (Pls excuse the weird pants)

L1001082.jpg

I'm know they're really expensive compared to the regular SD boots, but I'm really

loving the convenience of these oxfords.I don't have to go through the hassle of doing

laces every time I take off or put on the shoes!

Do these have the Archease system as well or are they built without the arch?

maybe you'll hate these, but I just got them...

Vintage Brooks Brothers All Leather House slippers... what to wear when you get home....

DSC04378.jpg

DSC04376.jpg

DSC04375.jpg

just picked these up...I have no info on them other than they are Frye's, and that they were cheap...and they look pretty good on.

4851479262_577881454b_z.jpg

4851479590_4f73a80eb9_z.jpg

4850862129_5aaeaff803_z.jpg

4850863207_0cfc8fdb1f_z.jpg

not sure if they will age at all...but I need a new pair of boots anyway, and they were a heck of alot cheaper than RW's. enjoy.

^ Very Nice ! Did those soles come with the boots or did you have them replaced?

Thanks, yeah Viberg did the double midsole and 705 half sole. I did order them with a natural edge, but they messed up and did black. They said I could send them back to be fixed or I could bring them to a cobbler and they would reimburse me, so I can't really be mad about it. It only cost $8 so I didn't bother and I think I like the brown better on these anyway.

4725085742_55db94d14a.jpg

My folks kindly had my favourite shoes resoled for my birthday present- got them back yesterday. before above, and now:

4852241199_51fb36d865.jpg

Bob at Ducker's in Oxford (where they're from) did a great job of smoothing over and reconditioning the toes where I ripped them up on a bike...

4852241287_39ed08b77f.jpg

and lovely new plantation crepe soles

4852241351_86ce5ec4f7.jpg

and a new insole

4852241531_8c385f8da8.jpg

Well just a little update on the Alden Problem. I got back from a nine day vacation and still no email reply from alden. With my first shoe problem I got a call from the manager a day after I sent the email.

And for the person a few pages back who said he doubted my faulty stitching pictures are from a new pair of shoes, he's right, its after two days light wear. Out of the box the stitching was missing a couple holes. I was quite livid receiving my third pair of faulty aldens so I just figured I would live with the slight fault hoping It wouldn't get worse. It did.

Well it looks like I'll be looking into shoe repair places around the SF bay area. Anyone know some good ones around Walnut Creek?

Alden custom service sucks, I've never heard back from them and have tried calling and emailing a number of times. I keep telling myself I won't buy their shoes anymore but damn it, I like them. Ended up picking up a pair of Roy's on Saturday...these are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I had the luxury of inspecting them in person first though which I think is likely the only way I'll buy Aldens in the future. These are perfect save for one small cosmetic blemish in the finish on one boot....maybe a problem on dress boots but I can live with it on these since they will likely get some good wear pretty soon anyway.

Finally got my Chippewa 27899's.

DSC_0271.jpg

i was going to pick up a pair of the 27863s which, as far as i and the salesperson could tell were the exact same as the 27899s with the exception of that natural welt. i was wondering if you had any problems wearing non bootcut jeans with them? the shank seemed really wide and i'm a little concerned i might not be able to wear jeans with a smaller leg opening like eternal 811s with them.

i was going to pick up a pair of the 27863s which, as far as i and the salesperson could tell were the exact same as the 27899s with the exception of that natural welt. i was wondering if you had any problems wearing non bootcut jeans with them? the shank seemed really wide and i'm a little concerned i might not be able to wear jeans with a smaller leg opening like eternal 811s with them.

Yeah, I think the natural welt is the only difference. I don't any bootcut jeans. The jeans in the picture have about a 7.75 inch leg opening and fit just great. Jeans with a smaller leg opening would be just fine. The quality of the boots is awesome. I highly recommend getting Chippewas. Pretty well priced and made in the USA.

I like the contrast on the 27899s

Here are my 27899's. They wear in REALLY well. and look good with straight leg jeans - Eternal's look like straight legs.

Those look great. Looking forward to getting some good wear out of mine like that.

I like the contrast on the 27899s

I do too. That's why I went with them over any other engineer boot.

My mom found my dad's old shoes when she was packing stuff up to send to the goodwill. I don't know much about shoes, but they say Allen Edmonds on the shoes and the shoe trees. They also say that they're made in the U.S.A. They fit perfectly, but are a little too snug when I wear my custom insoles. I'll probably just wear them without the insole.

monday014.jpg

I know, I know, I'm officially a sufu hypebeast. Better pictures of the job to come in the very near future. I love my Indy's!

43c9563e.jpg

My mom found my dad's old shoes when she was packing stuff up to send to the goodwill. I don't know much about shoes, but they say Allen Edmonds on the shoes and the shoe trees. They also say that they're made in the U.S.A. They fit perfectly, but are a little too snug when I wear my custom insoles. I'll probably just wear them without the insole.

Those look to be shell cordovan to me. If so, you've got a very nice pair of shoes, and you should definitely wear them... a lot!