Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I am travelling in WA and BC the last week.

As the Vibram soles on my Vibergs are starting to go and my local cobbler can't get them I was foolish enough to walk into Viberg's litlle factory in Victoria . Thinking I'll only pick up the soles I managed to detangle myself in picking up a pair of riggers...

no pix yet but I am really pleased with them.

The shop and factory were amazing , really friendly people and a down to earth blue collar vibe in store.

I got a small tour from leslee and she made sure that some mods were done to the shoes as I wanted them.

Heel in cork color ,different footbed, extra width etc... Done wthin a day...

Highly recommended if you are in the area...When I get home I'll post the pix

the sole looks different...

you probably just don't remember what a "new" pair looks like.... I think mine looked like that when I got them, but to be honest, I don't remember myself....

Sorry to post my same shoes A LOT, but his looks different than mine. And I think it's chromexcel.

DSC_0018.jpg

i got them from a western wear store by where i live. they ordered them for me from chippewa as they're a licensed dealer. i imagine if you find any other dealer you could get them as i did. i tried on another pair of chippewas to determine sizing though. dont really remember what pair they were, but they had a 17" shank. hopefully youll have better luck identifying them than i did.

Where did you get them for this great price? Is there another pair in a 9D?

Sherman brothers has some super sales with coupons and shit sometimes. It was on sale for 300 since it was the end of that season (even though it was December) and then they had a spend 200 get 20 off, 300 and 30 off etc. Just call sometime and see if they have any deals

Nice work on those Roys. 1.5 weeks huh, that is impressive. I just picked up a pair a week ago today and I'm being pretty rough on them...they are my do it all and not worry about it boots...but they aren't quite that good. I'll get some pics up soon, I need to do some updates with my White's too one of these days.

No offense to Eltopo, but I think those Roys look bad. I of course have no idea what type of work Eltopo has been doing in them. I'm sure it's bad ass, but still...

Brown Chromexcel is really turning out to be one of my least favorite leather options for Alden. It looks bad too quickly. I think a good work boot or shoe should hold its shape a little longer.

just sayin I think the Roy boots look WORSE with age.

No Offense taken. It is a forum say what you want. I tend not to post bad or negative comments to anyone though. I bought these knowing they would age quick and well. I have plenty of boots that are made for hard work and hold up greatly. I love these boots and they are super comfy and think they look great on everyone I have seen in them. I would buy another pair if these only lasted a year (They'll last a lot longer and look amazing after a year of wear, I am sure (in my opinion)) But you are titled to your opinion and if you hate Brown Chromexcel then you hate it.

No offense to Eltopo, but I think those Roys look bad. I of course have no idea what type of work Eltopo has been doing in them. I'm sure it's bad ass, but still...

Brown Chromexcel is really turning out to be one of my least favorite leather options for Alden. It looks bad too quickly. I think a good work boot or shoe should hold its shape a little longer.

just sayin I think the Roy boots look WORSE with age.

No Offense taken. It is a forum say what you want. I tend not to post bad or negative comments to anyone though. I bought these knowing they would age quick and well. I have plenty of boots that are made for hard work and hold up greatly. I love these boots and they are super comfy and think they look great on everyone I have seen in them. I would buy another pair if these only lasted a year (They'll last a lot longer and look amazing after a year of wear, I am sure (in my opinion)) But you are titled to your opinion and if you hate Brown Chromexcel then you hate it.

Cool. It really was just a comment about that leather that has been building up for a while based on my own experiences. Maybe I'm just feeling a little cranky today too...

That aside, I love all your posts and the beautiful photography. Your contributions and presence on the forum add a level of class and professionalism that is appreciated by all of us!

And, while I had the camera out I figured I would get some shots of the rest of the collection-

Russell Chukka

dsc2791n.jpg

White's Semi Dress Chromexcel w/ single leather

dsc2796.jpg

dsc2798h.jpg

White's Semi Dress Cap Toe w/ double leather

dsc2800z.jpg

dsc2801.jpg

White's Semi Dress in black Smokejumper leather

dsc2802.jpg

Alden Indys

dsc2803.jpg

Alden x Context Tankers

dsc2806.jpg

dsc2807.jpg

^ awesome collection!

Seeing all those boots next to each other is great. Now when I see a Semi Dress in single leather, it looks unfinished to me. Like it was made to have a double sole or am I just getting use to all the double and triples out there?