Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

trying to decide between two, advice welcomed:

Baker Shoes retro Americana Semi-Dress (cap-toe, British tan) in my Red Wing size (13EE) - ~$510 with options

Wesco Jobmasters (brown/tan, cap-toe, Cambrelle lining) custom fit - $700 with options

I'm guessing the Wescos will take far longer to get built.

My pilot pair of solid boots:

PICS SOON AFTER PURCHASE

shoesthen1.jpg

shoesthen2.jpg

PICS 1YR1MONTH LATER

shoez.jpg

shoesnow2.jpg

Black Ugg Leather Boots. Sheepskin on the inside-back and they came w/ set of sheepskin (?) insoles and secondary pair of insoles. Marshalls pickup, ~$70? Great price for comfort/fit and amount of wear. Have a pair of Nordstrom Brown Suede Chukka Boots, but looking to step up to the next level (feeling Indys, or something along those lines).

Denim Phenom

the White cougars are on a Northwest last and have a flat sole, they don't have the typical arch support.

I plan to buy a pair (not anytime soon) myself with a vibram 2021 sole. They will probably be very comfortable, i just hope they won't look like i'm wearing bob the builders shoes :D

soi finally got the roughout boots i ordered a week ago from here. for 80€ including shipping it's quite a good deal imo and they actually look fairly similar to the advertised pair, apart from the sole. as almostnice already said the quality isn't overwhelming. the leather on my shoes has quite a lot of blemishes but they aren't too noticeable. the stitching on the sole only goes about to where the heel block thingy starts.

i got a sz 10 but i could have easily sized down one as these are rather large. i bought an insole and the fit is really nice now.

less talk more pics

55694293.jpg

57277075.jpg

11042933.jpg

80892547.jpg

i see,thats the welt than.redx,thats a very common construction detail,nothing to do with lower quality.

ah i've been schooled then. no i just mentioned that because i have seen some boots here that have the stitching all the way around the boot. and i so i kinda assumed it showed the lower quality?

oh yeah and the heel is reinforced somehow, feels like a tripple layer of the leather. unlike the toebox which is soft

i forgot to add that i am a

10 1/2 in my Adidas Handball trainers, they are basically the Samba but just a bit different

10 1/2 in my Vans authentics

i got a size 10 in the roughouts and could have sized down to a 9. but i don't want to bother with an exchange as with the insole they fit fine

Denim Phenom

the White cougars are on a Northwest last and have a flat sole, they don't have the typical arch support.

I plan to buy a pair (not anytime soon) myself with a vibram 2021 sole. They will probably be very comfortable, i just hope they won't look like i'm wearing bob the builders shoes :D

I need a leather sample or at least a picture of all the leather samples they have before I decide on which to use. It's really overwhelming.